Oxygen 1.0.2 Release with Stagefright security patches

1. johmss
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

johmss , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Wait a minute.

I jus downloaded the .zip and not the md5. Whe i was instaling it, said somethig about an issue with md5, but installed anyway.

Now it's Oxugen 1.0.2

Will be an issue not having that file? Will affect battery, performance?

Is the reason why Messenger (SMS) isn't working?

2. rocstarmohit
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

rocstarmohit , Aug 15, 2015 :
    yeah i rebooted the system and it has now hard bricked what to do? :(

3. rocstarmohit
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

phone is not working only vibrating no screen i did not wiped everything i only factory reset the devie and flashed

4. FloW
    Eclair Aug 15, 2015

5. heynowdai
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2015

6. humannature
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

humannature , Aug 15, 2015 :
    you should wipe dalvik, cache, system, data

7. rocstarmohit
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

i didn't now my OPO not working anymore :(

8. royalty21
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

9. johmss
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

johmss , Aug 15, 2015 :
    And now mayor battery is rubbish.

Have to search for the Google services fix again -_-

10. iH8ra!n
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

iH8ra!n , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Awesome, I love OxygenOS.

11. HD_923
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

12. dzimmerm56
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2015

dzimmerm56 , Aug 15, 2015 :
    Some thoughts and my experience with the update process.

First off, I have TWRP installed. To get into TWRP you have to shut the phone down, then hold the power button and the volume DOWN key down until you see the oneplus square with Android inside it, then release the power button but hold the volume down until you see the TWRP flash screen. I have an opensuse linux computer that I used to download the update file and the md5 file. I originally copied those files into a roms folder I had placed in the 1+1's download folder. When I tried to install the update via TWRP it said the md5 file did not match. I used the hashdeep utility on opensuse linux and found that the update file did have the correct md5 hash. I think the md5 file may not be formatted properly for TWRP to parse. I had to delete the md5 file from the download/roms folder and then the update happened. I did verify that the file size off the update file in my 1+1 was the same as the file size of the update file I downloaded just to be on the safe side before I did the update.

Now my phone has the update. It was not quite as simple as it sounded but I am used to that as Linux is not one of the two operating systems directly supported by directions, (windows and mac). Since Linux is android's big brother I guess they figured if you are running Linux you can figure it out. :cool:

13. TekBoi
    Gingerbread Aug 15, 2015

TekBoi , Aug 15, 2015 :
    WOW! One update after FOUR months. Where is OxygenOS 2.0? Android M is almost released. Come on!

14. rswheaton
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

rswheaton , Aug 15, 2015 :
    New download, wipe, flash, no go. Error Md5 file does not match. What does this mean? I was able to flash back to 1.0.0 with no problems.

15. dzimmerm56
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2015

You need to install the adroid SDK (software development kit) on a computer you can attach your phone to via a USB cable. The ADB utility which is part of the SDK lets you access your phone's file system and reset certain flags that might be keeping it from booting. It also allows you to flash a recovery image to the phone that might allow you to fix things.

Please understand I can only give a certain general direction to follow that might help. I am not an android expert but have installed several custom roms in the past on different brands of phone. To get specific I would have to brick my own phone and I am not up for that circus.

Good luck

16. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Aug 15, 2015

johmss likes this.
  17. rswheaton
    Honeycomb Aug 15, 2015

rswheaton , Aug 15, 2015 :

Good job on all your extra work! Seriously One Plus is now getting on my nerves. "Never Settle" is starting look further and further away! Early adopter here not invite for OP2 and now a half baked update that I cannot even install. Not a happy camper! :mad:

18. AlbertoSiles
    Eclair Aug 15, 2015

AlbertoSiles , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I had the same problem. I changed the name of the file .md5 (I found in Internet that must have the same name that the original file), I tried other time and I get install Oxygen.

19. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 15, 2015

RonaldM , Aug 15, 2015 :
    I guess something went wrong with my update, version string is still 1.0.0

20. dzimmerm56
    Cupcake Aug 15, 2015

Thanks for the reply, I still like my 1+1, it is still a lot of phone for the money. I chose oxygen due to CM not updating to lolipop. Of course CM came out with the lolipop update the week after I moved to oxygen. I have had very few problems with oxygen compared to my wife, who was more patient and waited for the CM update on her 1+1. I am more of a simplest when it comes to phone operating systems and the closer to nexus style OS the better, in my opinion. The only issues I seem to have with oxygen is bluetooth compatibility with some headsets, but, my wife reported similar issues with bluetooth speakers that she has used with her CM os. It may be the phone has something in the bluetooth circuitry that does not quite match the code both oxygen and CM uses.