Oxygen 1.0.2 Release with Stagefright security patches

1. andriig
    Donut Aug 25, 2015

andriig , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Sorry, but please check facts. Oxygen is official and recommended for OPO.

2. Ryudo
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2015

Ryudo , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Just tried it yesterday. Very fast and all but there are some bugs wich cannot make it an everyday use rom. I got the bug where the Play Store doesn't work on WiFi XD.

Let's hope that an update with bugfixes will come out soon

3. indiangamer007
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2015

4. gringoboy
    Lollipop Aug 25, 2015

gringoboy , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Bollocks. When you buy an OPO, it does not come with Oxygen. India is totally different. Cyanogen is the official, stock rom for the OPO. End of story.

kiran.sampathnr likes this.
  5. vasudeva2006
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2015

vasudeva2006 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    How much stable the oxygen OS ! anyone experienced it and share your feedback on the performance !!

6. AKSHITH1997
    Eclair Aug 25, 2015

AKSHITH1997 , Aug 25, 2015 :
    I suppose the improved version has no problems regarding camera

7. liamandren
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2015

liamandren , Aug 25, 2015 :
    Just wanted to write another entry, if anyone was following my frenetic journey through the infamous touchscreen issue here in this thread.

So, basically, I started experiencing touch-screen issues a few months ago, when on CM12. In the beginning they were quite mild, (double-tap to wake not responding too well) but after a while they got worse:

- If I touched the screen in a specific kind of way (light/fast touch, but still quite firmly) it wouldn't register the touch - this made everything from typing to just navigating really difficult​

- the scrolling was realIy weird, scrolling through feeds like Instagram or a webpage I would have to do 5-8 swipes in order to get to the bottom​

I switched to OxygenOS, hoping that it came with some sort of fix for this, but after the update it was the same. Since the issues started to appear approximately the same time as the temperatures were rising in my country, I was convinced it had something to do with that "contact glue melting"-thing that I was reading about. Something about some hardware component for the touchscreen being glued in all OPO devices, that when exposed to warmer temperatures started melting causing this touchscreen malfunction. I really thought this was the issue, I genuinely believed OnePlus had screwed up on this and was trying to cover it up or some shit.

I was CONVINCED it was hardware related, and I really didn't think a software fix of any sort could make it go away. I was obviously quite sad, because I realized I was in for a long process if I wanted some sort of compensation from OnePlus, the whole RMA-process ahead of me...

BUT! Here comes the fun part: I tried this touchscreen fix, OxygenOS 1.0.1:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-oxygenos-update.317098/

- again, convinced that it would make no f***ing difference, but doing it because customer support suggested I should try it out before filing a RMA-ticket), and BAM.

Seriously, it's GONE. No trace of it, like it never happened. Touchscreen is as responsive as my Nexus 5, and that's saying a lot.

So, if anyone is experiencing similar troubles - try out the fix in the first post of this thread (or just follow this link and go to page 1: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-oxygenos-update.317098/). It worked for me. There is hope, people.

I flashed it to my OPO using TWRP and a Windows 10 computer, wasn't too hard. I didn't use the tool from XDA Developers, just downloaded the file (.zip format) to my computer. LEFT it unzipped, because the phone is supposed to do the unzipping, and copied it to my phone. Booted into TWRP, found the file and flashed it - and voila!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015

8. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2015

9. onlonte
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2015

10. johmss
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2015

johmss , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Ok. Cyanogen released an incremental, or an OTA update (donn't remember which) with 5.1.1.

Why aren't we ranting about?

Hydrogen OS is tempting me...

11. johmss
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2015

johmss , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Yesterday I had to flash Oxygen 1.0.2. (again) because wi-fi doesn't transfer data, is just like i'm not connected). 20 hours later, it rebooted and the issue appeared again. I have no idea whatsoever about what happened.

Flashed via TWRP (but just the .zip file, no MD5 file) might be that?

12. gewoon_emile
    Froyo Aug 26, 2015

gewoon_emile , Aug 26, 2015 :
    So when is the promised file coming that is easier to install so that you don't have to root or unlock bootloader or wipe data as promised in this post? It's been a while now since this was promised
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-is-here-installation-guide.289398/

I hate the arrogance of cyanogen and their bloatware.

13. akbarbaig
    Eclair Aug 26, 2015

akbarbaig , Aug 26, 2015 :
    So to install this update if your are running oxygen os 1.0.0

You simply boot in to recovery (TWRP)
    Click Install
    Select while file? Md or ZIP?

ashiyankhot likes this.
  14. nouman_zeb
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2015

nouman_zeb , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Nice update but the proximity sensor is still not working as was the case in the Oxygen OS 1.0, i.e. Screen not turning off during a call causing your ear to press random buttons while on the call, very annoying. Anyone else have the same issue? otherwise a great OS

15. ashiyankhot
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2015

ashiyankhot , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Which files should we download if we are running oxygen os..??
    N how do we flash it.??
    Any1 plz help

16. ashiyankhot
    Gingerbread Aug 26, 2015

ashiyankhot , Aug 26, 2015 :
    Can u please help..
    How do we install this update if we are running oxygen os..??
    Do we again need to download the updates from the given link..??
    Do we need to download both files..?

17. nanopp
    Donut Aug 27, 2015

nanopp , Aug 27, 2015 :
    Hey man!! I'm experiencing the same issue, glad you got it working 'cause its really annoying... I hope it helps my case. Did you only flashed the OP over CM12 or over Oxygen 1.0? Did you wipe cache and stuff?

liamandren likes this.
  18. wendavid
    Eclair Aug 27, 2015

wendavid , Aug 27, 2015 :
    navigate back to page 32, chirantanad has a good instruction on how to install this updated if you already running oxygen OS. Basically, you will use oxygen stock recovery to install the zip file as an update.

ashiyankhot likes this.
  19. shrithiru
    Donut Aug 27, 2015

20. shrithiru
    Donut Aug 27, 2015