Oxygen 11 - is it been delayed for 8t PR reasons only? via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2020

AndyRM , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 6, 2020 :
    Are all of us with 8s & 8 pros and earlier models having to wait for the full non-beta oxygen 11 until after the 8t launch just so you have the headline in the launch / initial sales of the 8t?

If so then is this a fair way to treat your customers?

R1542295748019 likes this.
  2. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2020

Best Answer
    pgrey , Oct 6, 2020 :
    I think it's safe to say that there's "something odd going on here", given that the OP7-series got Sep-patched.
    I get that OP is still on it's 2-month commitment, basically, but it's weird that their most current device(s) seem to be stalled, or perhaps delayed, as mentioned.
    It's hard to say if it's for debugging or similar reasons, or for a market-based reason; I sort of doubt OP is going to be transparent about this, without a LOT of pressure, there's just no great way for them to position this (unless it's truly for a technical/debug reason)...
    I'm generally NOT one to be a "me too", on this type of thread, but I'm annoyed, because carrier-aggregation and Bluetooth are so darn unstable, on the OP8-series. Hopefully there's a TON of fixes in 11 (I sure submitted my bugs/logs), to core/kernel-functionality, new-OS aside.

AndyRM likes this.
  3. din_Ultra
    Eclair Oct 6, 2020

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 7, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 7, 2020 :
    Considering that I felt that they rushed first stable 10 a bit too much. Tactical reasons due to 8T or due to avoiding a rushed release... As long as the OS turns out nice I don't mind serveral betas first. I always stay on beta anyway.
    Hopefully 11 stable will be less problematic than it was when 10 stable came. That is the important thing for me (regardless if being a constant beta tester myself).

pgrey likes this.
  5. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 7, 2020

pgrey , Oct 7, 2020 :
    Yep, good point on the stable-10 deal, I can't agree more there.

Like I said, I'm not usually in a rush (I've been on both sides, of quite a few OS releases), and despite not being on beta-builds (my desktop is, and often a second machine, but I generally want my phone to be more appliance-like), I can appreciate the whole deal.
    I do think it's sort of weird though, the delay in the current cross-product release cycles, how the OP8-Series is sort of "stuck". Probably not likely to get another big set of 10 bugfixes (even though it could desperately use them, IMO/IME), yet 11 is still a bit off.
    Personally, I wish they'd planned for (another) stabilizing build of 10, given all the carrier-aggregation and Bluetooth problems it has; it's a pretty big step back in that regard, from my 7 Pro (except that it wasn't having to aggregate between 4G/LTE-5G, I suppose).
    Bluetooth has a lot of issues, too, a couple of my devices are nearly unusable (yes, bugs filed, logs submitted, and log-lines delineated, in some), compared to my OP7 Pro, that part is troubling too.

6. Dr.No.pt
    Froyo Oct 7, 2020

Dr.No.pt , Oct 7, 2020 :
    They will not upgrade the OOS 10 anymore, OOS 11 will arrive and updates will continue from there on.
    This is my evaluation on this timings with the 8T arriving with OOS 11 already onboard.

7. R1542295748019 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 7, 2020 :
    yes we need at least a last stable android 10 update with some bug fixes as we all know android 11 will be introduced with lots of bugs of its own. Kind of want to stay in android 10 for a while. Just an opinion.