Oxygen for OPO

1. hannahly
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

hannahly , Apr 4, 2016 :
    At the moment I have a OPO that's 19 months old. I've updated to CM12 but CM13 doesn't seem to be coming...
    What is Oxygen OS like on the OPO? Has the OPO got Android M on OxygenOS yet?
    And how to update to oxygen? Will it factory reset my OPO? Will it break my OPO?
    I know all these qs have probably been asked many times before but I'd appreciate it if you could answer.
    Thanks

2. be.sandeepgupta
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

be.sandeepgupta , Apr 4, 2016 :
    How could u get level honeycomb and put a query like cupcake :p

kiran.sampathnr and itechy21 like this.
  3. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 4, 2016

SoniaB , Apr 4, 2016 :
    As per Carl:

"We created a community build of OxygenOS for the OnePlus One, but this isn’t what the product officially ships with. We will be updating the community build of OxygenOS for the OnePlus One when time allows."

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/marshmallow-upgrade-schedule-for-oneplus-devices.406778/

So OOS M build for the OPO is not a priority. You will have COS on your OPO unless you have flashed CM. CM is Custom ROM and CM13 is available for you to flash should you wish to do so.

If you have never done this before, then read up on it before attempting to flash a custom ROM.
    There are many guides on the forum and on XDA

marinobiagio and Gonzo01 like this.
  4. hannahly
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

hannahly , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Thanks mate.

5. itechy21
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2016

itechy21 , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Nope no MM for any stock (inc. Oxygen) ROMs unless you want to flash a custom one... And yes it will wipe your data if you flash oxygen to your device but it won't break it

6. hobgob
    Froyo Apr 4, 2016

hobgob , Apr 4, 2016 :
    i've been in oxygen for a while now, it works great, some minor issues, but tolerable if you think its relativelly new.

but i would really recomend that you mantain in cm12, because once you are in oxygen, getting back to cm is a bit difficult

7. hannahly
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

hannahly , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Very helpful, thanks

SoniaB likes this.
  8. hannahly
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

hannahly , Apr 4, 2016 :
    What is your experience with OxygenOS then?

9. be.sandeepgupta
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2016

be.sandeepgupta , Apr 4, 2016 :
    Oxygen OS 2.1.4 is like stock and no max audio and believed me while listening music u can clearly feel the absense of maxaudio.
    When u use ur mobile for a while it eats lot of battery....
    But surprisingly if u don't use phone standby battery drain is very less compared to COS12.1
    I advice better stick to COS12.1 oxygen is incomplete ROM and they have simply given us to try and report them issues...
    I am sure oneplus one have no intention to give complete bug free oxygen os with all delightful featured for OPO

10. freddytireguy
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2016