Oxygen OS 2.0 For Oneplus One

?

How has Oneplus been doing with regards to software updates to the Oneplus One?

1. Excellent

101 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Decent

274 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Poorly

1,593 vote(s)
    80.9%
  1. jasraja
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2015

2. kuldeepka
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2015

3. jibran9520
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2015

4. VictorPez
    Froyo Sep 21, 2015

5. gigs

6. jibran9520

jibran9520 , Sep 21, 2015 :
    I have noticed most definetly that Oxygen OS 2.1 has rolled out for Oneplus TWO today. Ofcourse that is good for the OPT users, and ofcourse us OPO users feel even more left behind now. I don't disagree with that. But let's hope their speedy updates make it to us OPO users as well soon. Carl said in response to two people on twitter who mentioned OPO update for oxygen OS that:

"OnePlus as a company needs to practice the art of under promising"

and

"hey there, when we launched the One, our software team size was 0"

the second quote was from a user who was a bit negative, thus the reply.

@Carl @Helen

7. xecqtor
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2015

xecqtor , Sep 21, 2015 :
    For fucks sake, not even a fuckin statement on opos oxygen future
    I think we all have to install cm again

nickizm and Avo989 like this.
  8. jibran9520
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

9. Quincy_Ng
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

Quincy_Ng , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Hello everyone, is been awhile since I'm here. How's Oneplus One life going? Bad... I guess? I'm still a Oneplus one user and I'm still proud of it cause it never fails me. (I'm talking about the hardware, not the software).

When people ask me should they buy Oneplus Two? And my answer is a No.
    Reason behind my answer is, because Oneplus smartphone is facing these kind of problem. So if a decent android user does not know much about or do not know about something call Root. That's it, he or she is not suit for Oneplus smartphone, I have faced many kinds of problem without my laptops with me. I always prepare many 'tools' (as in other roms, kernals, and more) (I love Muiltrom, it save my a** everytime. :)) in my Oneplus One for emergency use. So I would suggest you guys to play around your phone more and get to know them well. :)

Okay, enough of the negative talk, I'm here for info about Oxygen OS for our lovely Oneplus One but I'm really disappointed (again) they didn't release for us again. Thank you for your time to read my post. I'll be back next year for Oxygen OS. Cheers. :D

jdneilso likes this.
  10. jibran9520

11. jibran9520

jibran9520 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    BTW I don't want anyone hating on OPT here that's a different product just talk relating to OPO

12. Al-Azraq
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

Al-Azraq , Sep 22, 2015 :
    UP! 11 pages and no statement from any OnePlus staff member... I think that we have been officially abandoned and the only support we have is from CM which is giving late updates and buggy ones (Android System in battery stats).

jdneilso, FlyErik and felit0 like this.
  13. Holzerfelix
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Holzerfelix , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I'm a little pissed off.
    No update for Oneplus One Oxygen. And no statement! Oh yeah.. there were two useless twitter answeres...
    And Microsoft (ohh.. i mean Cyanogen) isn't the same company as it was before.
    I'm out. I think I'll get a Moto or a Nexus...

14. 9968100020
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

9968100020 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    They have just turned their whole attention towards opt. They do not care about opo users now.

jdneilso and xecqtor like this.
  15. ymicky
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

jdneilso likes this.
  16. jibran9520

17. 59.aditya
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

59.aditya , Sep 22, 2015 :
    i noticed a bug in one plus two.. let me know if you notice the same.
    1) turn on finger print scanner.
    2) then double tab on screen or press power button, so that the screen is turned on..
    3) now place a wrong finger on scanner. It will say 'Try again' on screen
    4) try it 3 times, it will unlock the phone

18. johmss
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

johmss , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Here we go again.

Sorry @Helen, but i get why you are not giving any answer. You know that no answer will be good enough.

What about OPO and Oxygen 2.X? would you port 2.0 which is only initial 5.1 Lollipop , or would you jump ahead to 2.1?

Here is the deal: 2.X is developed for OPT hardware (Camera, slider and fingerprint sensor), none of which appear in OPO. There is no team or even a single ... guy working for OPO. All efforts are towards OPT in order co create, to give an excelent OS with minor bugs.

Apparently, OPO will only get a port of Oxygen 2.X when Cyanogen ends its contract, When that happens, all Oxygen team will PORT the latest version. 1.0.3 appeared thanks to stagefright (?).

Mark my words.

And that's sad, because i liked Oxygen.

xecqtor likes this.
  19. jibran9520

jdneilso and xecqtor like this.
  20. Glasspaper
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Glasspaper , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Was really considering getting a OnePlus One, but the lack of support on the software side doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

jdneilso likes this.