Oxygen OS 2.0 For Oneplus One

?

How has Oneplus been doing with regards to software updates to the Oneplus One?

1. Excellent

101 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Decent

274 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Poorly

1,593 vote(s)
    80.9%
  1. silvagroup
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

silvagroup , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Folks unlike this Apple Fanboy, who has his head buried in the sand:

You can do and have any ROM, APP, OR APP STORE, on your system you want, it's totally all in YOUR control. I even had Linux on mine for awhile.
    Or like the poor soul I quoted you can be stuck to being at the mercy of some corporate philosophy some where in never never land.
    With this phone it's all about choices.
    I personally own two and soon getting a third.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

xecqtor and olbatar like this.
  2. xecqtor
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

xecqtor , Oct 4, 2015 :
    he should be banned. The question is why is he registered here? wtf
    people seriously compare this
    [​IMG]
    with a startup

3. olbatar
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

olbatar , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Yes but at least you get an everytime working smartphone! Here we have a bugged-laggy-chinese-phone support (badly) by cyanogen.
    So don't hope too much on a low cost device, you'll get what you paid!

4. olbatar
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

olbatar , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Free speech maybe? We still live in democracy, you know that's strange thing that permit people to debate each other's without any duress...

5. jibran9520
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2015

jibran9520 , Oct 4, 2015 :
    OK let's not argue about apple or android. Also I apologize for saying this week, gives all of you good fellows the wrong idea.next time if I say a timeline I'll mention proofs behind it. And no I wasn't trying to be protective of any leaks, that was just me. Sorry, but hopefully update comes soon.

xecqtor likes this.
  6. byno

byno , Oct 4, 2015 :
    I'm just consigning myself to the idea that they don't really care what OPO owners think, then it's a nice surprise when/if they do make the effort.

Again though I'll stick to my custom roms, IMO the one I'm on is better than both OOS & COS anyway.

7. jibran9520

mind sharing what rom that might be?

8. byno

byno , Oct 4, 2015 :
    SultanXDA's rom, suits my needs perfectly, as always though there is no one rom to suit everyone.

Battery life is the best I've had on my phone and it's rock stable. I don't game on my phone though, it could bother those that do as it's underclocked (although you can revert that)

Shyamgirihebbar likes this.
  9. jibran9520

thanks, appreciate that, ive tried it as well

10. olbatar
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2015

olbatar , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Maybe it's better wait Android marshmallow custom Rom based?

11. jibran9520

I am definetly waiting for that!!

12. gigs

13. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 4, 2015

Mr. BG , Oct 4, 2015 :
    And here we are again, pay half the price but expect even more then premium service, immediate updates etc. While paying not even as much economy class.

All this whining over updates and having problems while buying some cheapass device from a startup company, and expecting service even Apple and Damnsung won't deliver.

Call me a fanboy all you like, i don't care...

Buy a Moto X or something.

theshinybeast likes this.
  14. jibran9520

Alright let's keep it real here.

Firstly: price and quality are not always hand in hand. Google nexus 4 was about $350, 'half the price' as you say and got updates immediately. Similar with a few other phones. And we didn't set the standard of that either, Oneplus said to 'Never Settle'. So no blame on us, we just believed the company. And to an extent at the beginning they were OK, and with OPT now as well.

Secondly, its not really cheap, relative to what an iPhone? Yeah its a good price in the Market, but cheap doesn't mean bad quality. Never is it always like that.

Lastly, we don't expect something from them that even Samsung or Apple can't deliver. And by the way Apple does deliver those updates real fast. Samsung also does a decent job for their main phones, around 3 months after a big update is released by Google, they released their own update. And that's also what was promised by Cyanogen initially.

Don't take any of this offensively, I've just been seeing a lot of people coming here and saying why'd you buy it? Buy another phone, etc.

When in reality how were we suppose to know the turnout? We are general people who believe in promises kept to us. Not only that it is a great phone apart from the software sometimes and updates. Its cheapness hasn't reduced its hardware quality, and better software than so called 'Samsung' some would say.

Not trying to say bad about Samsung or any other company. My point is you really have to understand all this before making comments like that, not just to you but in general.

And not everyone here has the money or want to just go and buy another phone.

Thanks.

jdneilso and Deactivated User like this.
  15. saminpgh
    KitKat Oct 4, 2015

saminpgh , Oct 4, 2015 :
    I wont lie, I am highly disappointed that there hasnt even been an announcement or an update.

svenix, jdneilso, 9968100020 and 6 others like this.
  16. jparedesj
    Eclair Oct 4, 2015

jparedesj , Oct 4, 2015 :
    I think that Oxygen OS 2.0 will never come to OPO....:(....But, there are good ROMS out there. I'm using Exodus and works well, but as many others I'm really dissapointed that Oxygen OS 2.0 is still far far far from coming to my phone.....

17. dotborg
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

dotborg , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Like all other companies, now that they've launched the new model, the old model is forgotten. Nothing different at OnePlus.

18. jibran9520
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2015

19. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2015

jonathanlyng , Oct 5, 2015 :
    We know one thing, it is not going to be this week. this is the Golden Week in China and all companies are closed until next monday.

johmss, xecqtor and jibran9520 like this.
  20. xecqtor
    Honeycomb Oct 5, 2015