Oxygen OS 2.0 For Oneplus One

?

How has Oneplus been doing with regards to software updates to the Oneplus One?

1. Excellent

101 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Decent

274 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Poorly

1,593 vote(s)
    80.9%
  1. olbatar
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2015

olbatar , Oct 20, 2015 :
    #NeverSupport!

bigab24 and Jorge48197 like this.
  2. roland matebel
    Eclair Oct 20, 2015

roland matebel , Oct 20, 2015 :
    they never settle, that´s all ! that´s the way to save money.....poor attempt....killing flagships.....never that way

3. mandaman2k
    Eclair Oct 20, 2015

Jorge48197 likes this.
  4. PrasadPawase
    Donut Oct 20, 2015

5. Lucky7777
    Eclair Oct 20, 2015

6. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2015

RonaldM , Oct 20, 2015 :
    In a different post (19/10/2015) @Mike said this.
    Let's see what is going to happen this week (or next week)...

rockhardy likes this.
  7. wq2020wdm
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2015

wq2020wdm , Oct 20, 2015 :
    I think that means we still can't get the update this week.

RonaldM likes this.
  8. RonaldM

kiran.sampathnr likes this.
  9. Capta1nZap

Capta1nZap , Oct 20, 2015 :
    Months are passing by, and OP are completely ignoring us. Not a single official answer regarding any future Oxygen updates for OPO.

ranhai84 likes this.
  10. mrcndr82
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2015

mrcndr82 , Oct 20, 2015 :
    Guys it's really simple...capitalism is ruled by demand and offer...we all bought OPO because it was a big deal.

Now we feel, and I think we're right, we're not getting enough support. Instead of complaining like babies, insulting OP and its employees... There's just one thing we can do if we feel abandoned and unsatisfied with the company:

Leave OP, sell our phones, boycott OP 2.

Look at Samsung, they were leading Android market....they're being destroyed by Chinese, cheaper and better phones...look at theyr continuously decreasing market share.

OP is a little company and, in my opinion, not even so bad as stated here in forums.

Don't like it?? Just boycott it...they know WE are theyr revenues...

Deactivated User and sammsx like this.
  11. Ryymoo
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2015

Ryymoo , Oct 20, 2015 :
    I do agree! Those who are complaining here should get rid of the OPO a.s.a.p. And those who are considering buying the OP2 shouldn't waste their money. This company isn't reliable in any sense! It's so evident. Full stop! Companies like Huawei, Meizu, Xiaomi make phones that are even better than OP with similar price tags and have a more serious costumer support. Just look at the Huawei Mate S and Meizu Pro 5. People who bought the OP2 should take advantage of Meizu's campaign to swap it with the Pro 5.
    That said, I think it's outrageous and unacceptable that @Carl @Helen don't bother at all to take a stand on the company's update policy of all their devices, OPO, OP2 and even OPX. I have some words for you two: Bye, it hasn't been a pleasure. I'll leave and I'll see you failing...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

sammsx likes this.
  12. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 21, 2015

RonaldM , Oct 21, 2015 :
    Really doesn't make any sense at all, I already bought my Oneplus One, so I can't just 'leave'OP. Money exchanged hands so an 'investment' is made, from now until service obligations are over (2 years EU) there is a sort of partnership.

So just wait and see how they keep their promise of #neversettle for us Oneplus One owners....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

13. akvijendra
    Honeycomb Oct 21, 2015

akvijendra , Oct 21, 2015 :
    I have an inkling that the next oxygen update for OP1 would be when they fix the Oxygen 2.0 bugs on OP2. What sense would it make to release their OS on two phones and try fixing both.

xecqtor and RonaldM like this.
  14. mrcndr82
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2015

mrcndr82 , Oct 21, 2015 :
    The ultimate meaning of my post is that keep complaining with the company is, in my opinion, pointless.

They "promised" 2 years support and, solely via cyanogen roms, they are honoring such statement. The fact they're ignoring us with Oxygen OS is, however, really disappointing and, I agree with you, our investments are already done and money spent.

So...depending on how good or bad Oneplus will handle us with this phone I'll decide in the future if I'll buy another OP phone or not...

In other terms we're totally free to decide to "Leave OP, sell our phones, boycott OP 2" or continue to support OP...but, and this is what's important to me, I think that "facts, decisions, counter-actions" are way more crucial than "futile complaints" written on forums

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

15. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2015

evertking , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Man, just throw slimsaber on it and call it done. Its by FAR the best ROM for the OPO.

mrcndr82 likes this.
  16. xecqtor
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2015

xecqtor , Oct 22, 2015 :
    This is topic for OOS and not other Roms or CM. Please!
    Well, 2.1.1 released with many bugfixes. Maybe its time to start porting :)

17. jibran9520

jibran9520 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    There's a few things to mention.

As you all have said already, Oneplus 2 is their main focus and they're trying to make it an all around success. So that's priority.

At the same time, they are still working on the update for Oneplus One, which clearly seems to be a lot slower. They are also preparing for their new Oneplus X or Mini launch in about 7 days.

Don't get me wrong, these things are not an excuse for them to be delaying to this extent. Rather the fact of the matter is they haven't told us anything about the update since June, or any progress about it, which is riduclous as you can see duplicate forums very often asking the same question.

So what are we looking for?

Us Fans are looking for answers, updates, progress reports and always want our questions to be answered. So far none of my questions have been answered from a confirmed or authorized source.

To be honest I thought this forum would be closed a long time ago because the update would have came out for OPO. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks to everyone so far who's helped this forum and came together to push Oneplus to give us our answers! I appreciate it all.

Please take a look here, answer the questions officials! @Carl @Helen

I'd request if every reply from now onwards would tag Carl and Helen like I did.

We are at a very significant number of votes, about 1000 for poor updates. Oneplus can't really neglect this feedback.

18. kariman
    Froyo Oct 22, 2015

kariman , Oct 22, 2015 :
    I don't think this would help... @Helen and @Carl will ignore this threat like every other threads with this topic :D But you're right.. I would like to hear at least that they are making some progress with oxygen for OPO.

19. semper80

20. olbatar
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2015

KeyserSoze likes this.