Oxygen OS 2.0 For Oneplus One

?

How has Oneplus been doing with regards to software updates to the Oneplus One?

1. Excellent

101 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Decent

274 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Poorly

1,593 vote(s)
    80.9%
  1. killer.shubham
    Froyo Oct 30, 2015

killer.shubham , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Come on guys we don't need that oxygen os 2.0 thats so old now atleast expect 2.1.1, and according to me if they already made oxygen os port for the opx they should have given it to opo first as current device should be more prior to upcoming device, and Carl had already announced that he has surprise for the Christmas ( he meant opx) there is still time for Christmas he could have easily delayed the launch, wait for 1 week if we get it its fine or forget it, personally I used oxygen for 16 hours, Back to cm, using sultan as of now at least he gives updates faster then 1+

adlibitum likes this.
  2. Egon
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2015

Egon , Oct 30, 2015 :
    So OnePlus X released with simular specs as the OPO....... OxygenOS V2 HERE WE COME!.... Or maybe not....

3. yang4evr
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

yang4evr , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Non existent updates on the OPO is the main reason why I skipped the OP2 and opted for the nexus 6p. My nexus 5 is already on marshmallow.

xecqtor likes this.
  4. Egon
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2015

Egon , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Even the ones who installed OxygenOS on their OPO when it was released are didged by Cyanogen, no full zip for download!

5. marion.j.dougherty
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2015

marion.j.dougherty , Oct 31, 2015 :
    I think it's funny that y'all take Carl's statement "it won't be forgotten" as him saying it will get an update. You know, I still haven't forgotten my Galaxy S2, it has long been processed for recycling somewhere, but I haven't forgotten it.

xecqtor likes this.
  6. xecqtor
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2015

xecqtor , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Seriously yeah, it is forgotten already and there would be an update already for the one, it doesnt make sense

7. Deltastylez
    Donut Oct 31, 2015

xecqtor likes this.
  8. fnettel
    Eclair Oct 31, 2015

fnettel , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Some of us flashed OOS in our OPOs following instructions from OnePlus' support team, to solve the infamous problems with the touch screen (actually it was impossible to use it). It worked, fine. So, if that was the official solution, from that moment I consider my OPO as an OOS device. If they were not planning to update OOS for the OPO, they should have not provided OOS as The solution for a defective smartphone (either a software or hardware problem).

Your last sentence is very unfortunate, sometimes people just seeks to whine about someone else's "whinings". Cheers.

9. gringoboy
    Lollipop Oct 31, 2015

gringoboy , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Cyanogen applied the fix also. If OnePlus told you to jump off a building, would you do it? There are solutions, just use them. It's really that simple. Whining will get you nowhere. Use the supported system. It's better anyway. This was predicted. Check my comment on this thread, and look at the date. I know how they work.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/so-much-hate-on-oxygen.291599/page-3

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

jstepa likes this.
  10. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 31, 2015

jstepa , Oct 31, 2015 :
    The only solution from OP support if always to install Oxygen OS, because they don't know anything else to suggest. Problem with modem (install Oxygen OS), problem with microphone (install Oxygen OS), problem that OPO won't even turn on (install Oxygen OS), ridiculous...

gringoboy likes this.
  11. manish_ks
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2015

manish_ks , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Support for oxygen os for oneplus from oneplus is ridiculous!!! Us expecting anything else also seems ridiculous!!! Even if they release update for opo oos, it will be after they have sold considerable amount of OPT & OPX... Seems fair though!!!

jstepa likes this.
  12. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 31, 2015

jstepa , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Yes, money can't be made by supporting old devices, but to sell new ones.
    How many OPO users you know that would suggest to friend to by any OP device, I'll bet no one...

13. Oggy1985
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2015

Oggy1985 , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Because of their utterly bad software development cycle for the OnePlus One i'll hardly ever consider another OnePlus phone. After reading Carl's reply on Reddit, especially his rude reply related to priorities it is obvious that supporters who backed OnePlus company at start are now at the bottom of their priority list. Now that's bad business move and bad marketing. As a new company they had a chance to prove themselves as a company which cares for its customers and supporters but they blew it big time. OnePlus One is still a great phone regarding its hardware, but official software support is beyond pathetic!

Original OnePlus One community showed a lot of care and patience related to many hardware and software bugs which were initially present. And this is a "thank you" we get? OnePlus company is another one which doesn't care about loyalty! Such a shame.

14. Oggy1985
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2015

Oggy1985 , Oct 31, 2015 :
    I got several of my friends to buy OPO, but after crappy software support for the original phone i'm not gonna recommend OnePlus company to anyone! OnePlus One is still a great phone with its hardware, but they completely dropped the ball on software part and lost the battle. As a new company they had a chance to build their reputation by showing that they care for their customers, now they have proven what they really are and what their priority is.

jstepa likes this.
  15. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 31, 2015

jstepa , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Yes, and the priority is certainly not us OPO users, who has enabled (give money) them to create new products...

16. manish_ks
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2015

manish_ks , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Another best path they could have adopted is to go nexus ways....providing timely software update...which is the main reason many people buy nexus phones despite not being best on hardware parts....but who we are to suggest OP.

17. Berkay1343
    Eclair Oct 31, 2015

Berkay1343 , Oct 31, 2015 :
    People saying whining is useless and to use the support system. You are really dumb. You are supporting a company that isnt standing by its words and timely updates are very important to many and that could of been a selling point for many of them. Advertising about something and then not doing it when you have sold your product is fraud and we will make as much public nuisance till they notice us. Doing it private is useless as nobody sees it. Doing it public hurts the company as i am sure they could of sold many more units if it wasnt to these forums which many people will go through as the target market for 1+ users arent the average joe who purchase straight away. Make these issues public until it hurts 1+ to the point they have to resolve these problems by updating us and our phones.

Deactivated User and gomzee1024 like this.
  18. killer.shubham
    Froyo Nov 1, 2015

killer.shubham , Nov 1, 2015 :
    Can we get some kind of support by technology groups and let them show our problem to the world, that will create pressure on 1+ and we would be able to get answers from them

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

19. revosftw
    Froyo Nov 1, 2015

revosftw , Nov 1, 2015 :
    Well I don't know about you all but my phone came with a CM branding on its back :p and CM has been pretty good with the support , and devs like sultan and PA have been awesome in their efforts . And as for OOS , well that was an added advantage now when I bought the phone OOS wasn't promised to me so i treat it just as an option . So its pretty ok if thats not on their priority . I only didn't like when they removed the oxygen OS download link from the site .

20. wq2020wdm
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2015

wq2020wdm , Nov 2, 2015 :
    Hello,@Mike . You said you asked oxygen os team update the process of oxygen os for opo. Why still no news?