Oxygen OS 2.1.0 touch issues

1. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

taruncbe , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Hi,

I updated my OPT to 2.1.0 through the OTA. Facing serious lag issues with the touch after this update. After this OTA, the screen does not respond immediately on touch. And this is happening more and more frequently. I am having to repeat the same action twice or thrice before it registers.

I tried wiping the cache but did not help. I am trying not to do a factory reset (don't want to lose my data). Can someone offer any help? I am running on stock.

On the plus side, battery life seems to have improved, but did not have any complaints earlier either.

EDIT

Reflashed the 2.0.2 ROM and now the issue is gone. Not updating to 2.1 till this is fixed. Have to sacrifice on the battery life of 2.1 for the usability. Hope Oneplus releases a fix for this soon @Carl @Helen . Else, it would be a pity for such an awesome device. If anyone has any work-around, do post on this thread.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

2. MSIOCGenie
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

MSIOCGenie , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Do you have a screen protector on? Seems to me like oneplus is trying to save battery life by limiting current to the digitizer.

3. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

Yes. I have the oneplus' tempered glass protector. That's ridiculous. So, do they expect us to rip off the screen protectors now?

4. MSIOCGenie
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

MSIOCGenie , Sep 24, 2015 :
    I don't know what's really going on. I'm running 2.0.2 and the touch screen is very crude, not sensitive at all. I have to press considerably harder than on my M9, and it reacts really slow at times, especially when typing.

5. Wahoux
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2015

Wahoux , Sep 24, 2015 :
    No issue for me :eek:
    Juste after upadte, my homescreen lagged a few moment, i rebooted, and no more issue

6. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

I
    It is extremely frustrating to use the phone now. Was a breeze till before the update. Is there any way to undo this update?

7. stillthomalives
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

stillthomalives , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Yo
    u are using a defective Oneplus 2. Return to amazon and ask for a new one.

8. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

The phone was much snappier before this update. Having a tough time with this. See that a couple of others also posted about this in the OS update thread. Has anyone faced this with the OPO or other devices? This seems to be software related.

v0ltair3 likes this.
  9. jaipurwasi80
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

jaipurwasi80 , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Even I am facing the same issue with Oneplus Two after updating to Oxyegen OS 2.1. It is so frustating now. Sometimes it works perfectly fine but majority of times I am experiencing issues with touch responsiveness. @taruncbe I tried factory reset after upgrading but even that doesn't help. @Carl @Helen Please help us with this problem because it causing major problem in using this phone.

BoomRoasted and taruncbe like this.
  10. jaipurwasi80
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

Did you try resetting your phone. How did you update to 2.1? ( OTA or zip)

11. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

If a factory reset did not solve the issue, it is not an app issue either. @Carl @Helen . Please have a look at this. A temporary fix would at least help. For the moment, it is rendering the phone unusable.

12. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

Did it OTA yesterday night. Since then, this problem has been getting progressively worse. Do you have a screenguard installed? I have the One plus tempered glass protector on.

13. jaipurwasi80
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

I did not install any screen guard. There is one installed by the company by default.

14. Luke1991
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2015

15. BoomRoasted
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2015

BoomRoasted , Sep 24, 2015 :
    I noticed the touchscreen issue too. I installed Nova, and it seems to have solved the problem, at least on the Launcher.

The new update also seems to have made the phone more jittery/laggy for some reason all around.

16. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

I tried the Nova launcher. It seems to solve the problem only on the launcher screen. The app drawer is still laggy. Any suggestions? Somehow it feels like the performance of the device has been dialed down a couple of notches at the expense of better battery life. But what's surprising is that most people are not having this issue.

17. BoomRoasted
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2015

BoomRoasted , Sep 24, 2015 :
    The app drawer seems a lot better with Nova. The biggest difference for me has been the latency between actually touching the screen and the app opening. The OnePlus launcher was taking way too long, Nova definitely improved that.

I haven't even noticed a significant increase in battery life to be honest.

18. sluice
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

19. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2015

magnamentis , Sep 24, 2015 :
    no they don't, you're an exception. do a factory reset and it will be good

20. taruncbe
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

Factory reset does not help either. Planning to do a dirty flash of the 2.1 ROM w/o rooting. Will that be ok? Anything I should keep in mind?