Oxygen OS 9.0.3 in 5t slow

1. dareknowak
    Froyo Mar 6, 2019

dareknowak , Mar 6, 2019 :

maniparet

I got Oxygen OS 9.0.4. The lag issues are gone and now the phone is back to smooth operation......no freezing or lag. However I feel finger print unlock is still slower compared to before 9.0.3 update...​

No, actually it did not fixed the issue, lag returned after update to 9.0.4. What I've done and what I'm testing is I've cleared launcher cache completely and switch back to classic navigation buttons back home recent. Will see in few days if it solved smth.

Mustasim and CalicoMorgan like this.
  2. maniparet
    Eclair Mar 6, 2019

maniparet , Mar 6, 2019 :
    strange....I am not facing any lag after the update.....After 9.0.3 it used to freeze every 2 hours or so....but from last night till now no issues.....everything works fine....

Mustasim likes this.
  3. G_gagan_vij_BVav
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2019

G_gagan_vij_BVav , Mar 6, 2019 :
    The phone has become crap after the update , one plus please fix this as you will definitely Start to.oose your customer to poco phone with Android root

4. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2019

redlinecoatings , Mar 6, 2019 :
    How is it that any of the lag and stutter issues only arise from one part of the world?

And instead of actually doing something useful to solve the issue they blame the company. My phone is faster and smoother than ever before.

Your issues are due to garbage apps, having your storage almost full, or apps that are not yet optimized for pie.

Try safe mode. There's a start. Then if it persists in safe mode try backing up your data and wipe the phone and start over.

Don't ask for another update to dirty flash over an update that isn't running properly.

Mustasim likes this.
  5. CalicoMorgan
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2019

CalicoMorgan , Mar 23, 2019 :

Many of us having issues are running new devices with nothing on them. A new version of Android comes out and many people have the same issues, I don't think it's fair to tell all of us to try deleting apps.
    I myself have only recently purchased my 5t, and I've used maybe 5% of its capacity. I don't download much, and don't run games or anything.
    Fact is the latest update version of Android is not optimised for certain phones. It's a big problem for people who just spent their money on a new device. Fingerprint sensor slowing to a crawl, or only working after three or more attempts on a newly purchased device?? Unacceptable. Unfortunately, no amount of app optimization will solve that issue, not to mention asking customers to back up their data and wipe everything to try and fix is intirely unreasonable.
    Bottom line: the customer shouldn't be the one who has to solve issues that didn't exist before an update.

Mustasim and dareknowak like this.
  6. Mustasim
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2019

7. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2019

redlinecoatings , Mar 23, 2019 :
    How is it not fair to have to do some troubleshooting by yourself? If this is your first Android then ok I guess, but I'll assume it's not. There never has been perfect update, and there probably never will be. Not every app on the play store has been optimized to run on pie. There's maybe 10% of Android's on pie at the moment, the rest being on older versions. So if this is such a terrible update, why do so many people have phones running perfectly?

Instead of just being another complainer on here, if you have problems try booting in safe mode, if it runs fine then it is due to an app you downloaded. The finger print issue is due to having pocket mode enabled, which is a bug that has been discussed many times.

Mustasim likes this.
  8. Mustasim
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2019

Mustasim , Mar 25, 2019 :
    agreed

9. bergeijk
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

bergeijk , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Good point. Dont want to be a complainer. Trying to fit the issue. So I booted up in safe mode. Same issue. Oxygen 9.0.3. Oneplus 3T. Updated a few days ago.
    Phone is still extremely slow. Any suggestions would be appreciated