30.5%
  2. No,I'll Wait for CM12S

69.5%
  1. CaptainZap
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

2. accord
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

accord , Apr 4, 2015 :
    So, does this have the privacy feature of CyanogenMod?
    Or an alternative, don't really need much customization, just like being able to block location requests and such like.

3. CaptainZap
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

CaptainZap , Apr 4, 2015 :
    No privacy guard, that is a CM feature.

4. ThomoJames97
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

ThomoJames97 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    I mean by default. As in you can install themes on CM, but not on Oxygen OS.

5. x0l
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

6. ilianlipi1
    Froyo Apr 4, 2015

ilianlipi1 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    So i flashed the Oxygen Os a couple of hours ago. The flashing process was very simple, just follow the installation guide. To begin with :
    1. Booting - Boot animation changed. And i liked it , but its a personal preference.
    2. In the phone first boot setup , its the same as android 5.0 CM nightlies, but with some modifications like : on screen buttons , or the gestures.
    3. After completing the setup , you get a costumization hint. And than you are done. You can start with your new system. The google apps are pre-installed. You dont have to flash the GAPPS.
    4. Personally synced everything with my google account , updated all the apps. Installed some others. When apps were installing i DID NOT experienced any lag at all.
    5. THE FIRST THING I NOTICED AND I LIKED IT A LOT WAS THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO PRESS AND HOLD LEFT BUTTON TO GO TO RECENT APPS. JUST PRESS.
    I got used really quickly to it.
    6. Than i installed geekbench and antutu ...
    Geekbench score was 1011 single core and 3026 multiscore..Antutu 46348 points
    7. Multitasking was a beast on this system. I opened about 20 different apps , and could change really quickly , only 3-4 apps did not hold on RAM , but were reopened. The others were opened where i left them.
    7. Next thing i wanted to test was the camera. And there i saw the google camera. I really want oxygen provides its own camera... There was time to install the xnpho5q camera apk and now its the same as cyanogenmod 11s
    9. Costumization . You can really customize it. I changed quick settings icons. Removed the ones i did not use and re-arranged some others. That's all i have to say for this topic. I really dont like the fact they removed the notification drawer costumization. But anyway that is the Cyanogen type of costumization ...

I feel like the screen colors now are a lot better. I dont know about the others.
    A bug i noticed was that after the first restart you get NO SERVICE after entering the PIN code
    In fact you get signal, phone calls, SMS , 3g and all the good stuff, but in the lockscreen it says no service. In "about device ..STATUS" you can see your carrier name. So not a major bug here
    Now to the good stuff : The battery much much much better. Its amazing. I stressed it a lot with those benchmarks , and its a lot better. Updates to this post are coming for battery life.
    The phone signal is better.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE : THE OXYGEN OS WILL NOT FIX YOUR TOUCHSCREEN ISSUES. Yes i am one of those guys whose touchscreen doesnt work properly. Anyway , i am going to get a screen replacement in the near future because i cracked a little bit the screen on the corner. The crack doesnt get anywhere on the display but anyways. This will fix the touchscreen too...

I HOPE YOU GUYS FIND THIS POST USEFUL
    And sorry for any grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language :D
    For any other questions , feel free to reply , because i might have forgot something...

stoplok, ttran4t, psionandy and 10 others like this.
  7. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Apr 4, 2015

8. code-arek
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

9. Rafztafara
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2015

Rafztafara , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Yes, back up all your data before flashing.

10. stijnie2210
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2015

stijnie2210 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Great first impressions :). Hope you enjoy it. I'm staying on Exodus for the moment.

11. niko0o
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

niko0o , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Damn I love that battery life, been testing for 10 minutes and it lasts like 10h SOT and 10 days on battery

GuW and CaptainZap like this.
  12. DarkSteemex

Thearcade12 likes this.
  13. DarkSteemex

DarkSteemex , Apr 4, 2015 :
    install xposed and xprivacy

14. Deactivated User
    Apr 4, 2015

15. accord
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

accord , Apr 4, 2015 :
    And nothing similar available?

16. rikardo1979
    Community Veteran Apr 4, 2015

17. tanveerkhan9
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

tanveerkhan9 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    the zip file you download first unzip it and inside there another file you can flash that one , not the on e you download it.

18. Stefania.Poggi76
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Stefania.Poggi76 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    But you can flash SU as always? That's a deal breaking for me...

19. Rafztafara
    Jelly Bean Apr 4, 2015

Rafztafara , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Nexus One.. Sweeter than sweet!

20. sirlimewire
    Honeycomb Apr 4, 2015

sirlimewire , Apr 4, 2015 :
    The point is : 4 ******* months.