Oxygen OS Issues Thread

1. CharlieArias
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

2. krk0509
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

3. atulganesh89
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

atulganesh89 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Are you sure you have flashed it correctly? Im having none of the issues you mentioned, except for the red led when charging.

4. austin ouellette
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

austin ouellette , Apr 6, 2015 :
    i had the same issue :(

checomejia likes this.
  5. Magdoom
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

Magdoom , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I don't have much issues with OxygenOS, except for some missing features compared to CM11s. Which I hope oneplus will address in future updates.

I installed CM11s camera app which is available for download.

6. [email protected]
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

7. DeepakSehgal
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

DeepakSehgal , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Unable to record 4k video.. Option not available in camera serlttings.. Pictures in calendar app seems funny.. Shows july as winter.. :D

8. pankaj.mhatre
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

pankaj.mhatre , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Disappointed tooo...already switched back to CM12 :)

9. RedSkelly
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

RedSkelly , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Double tap to sleep does in fact work (only on the lock screen unfortunately) and you can toggle the battery percentage on/off by going to Settings>Battery and tapping the battery icon in the top right corner.
    I do agree that privacy guard should be implemented into a future update.

10. MrHollow
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

MrHollow , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Okay. Here are my issues with the ROM:

- No special camera support just the stock Google Camera (fixed by installing the ColorOS Camera -> so I don't have a big complaint about this one)
    - The battery has a weird drain that i couldn't fix at the moment (Google Play Services - Mobile Radio Active activates without a logical reason and keeps eating my battery) -> will try to find the exact problem through adb later today
    - EXTREME overheating issues in games (i literally can barely hold the phone in my hand) => Introduce a way to limit the processor like in CM11s (low, balanced, performance) - When all 4 cores kick in at 2.5ghz it's HELL!
    - Double tap to sleep (don't really care about this)
    - Google Hangouts seems to update with a delay of 30 minutes... unless i missed something?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

11. thesonics
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

12. menisasson
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

menisasson , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Buggy to say the least, I couldn't get it to unlock my screen even once. Also tried smart unlock on the car bluetooth and it doesn't work. I can define it but won't unlock

Did anyone get smart unlock to work?

13. metalurgus
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

metalurgus , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Confirm. But it is not likely Oxygen OS issue. It just shows the dialog to select which camera app to use for this action under lock screen. Once you select the default camera in some other app, it will work as expected

14. joseph_pires
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

joseph_pires , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Just flashed it this morning was up all night :D

I have a problem, the notification area which show the toggles doesn't mention the operator name and also while scanning for new networks the names don't show up only numbers which probably represent the operator.

This is just vanilla. I was hoping for a dedicated camera app and a hell lot of features :(

Its just lollipop... that's the only thing positive I can say about it. nothing so "Oxygen" about it... :(

Hopefully we get the updates for the fixes and features quick, because if we don't this just defeats the purpose of having a dedicated OS.

I'm just saying, I hope its not downhill from here.

15. abhimanyu08
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

abhimanyu08 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    even I am getting these network issues.
    when you reboot the phone the network adapter doesn't work. you have to switch the airplane mode on and then off to make it work. :)
    but nothing else.

16. chetanburande
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

17. chetanburande
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

chetanburande , Apr 6, 2015 :
    OXYGEN OS issues I got:
    1) Poor WiFi connectivity.
    2) Heating up while playing Games and other heavy apps
    3) less Battery Backup and charging speed than CyanogenMod

18. abhimanyu08
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

abhimanyu08 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    issues I found on oxygen.
    1. sound quality is shit. no maxxaudio.
    2. battery drains faster than before. not drastically but yes there certainly is a difference.
    3. camera app sometimes crash. not all the time but when using blur lens and shit. it just goes poof :p.
    4. I've the original oneplus flip cover but now it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. Now i have to try 2 or 3 times to make it unlock the screen.
    5. network issues are really weird. after a reboot the sim wont work. you have to switch airplane mode on and then off to make it work. same goes for wifi. wifi sometimes just stops responding. like wtf ?
    6. you can not switch user in it. its basic lollipop functionality but if you switch to guest mode you wont be able to come back to your own profile unless you cancel it from status bar.
    7. this is the most annoying one. the ambient light sensor is waaaaay toooo agggresssivee. seriously, as if its on spartan mode from 300 movie. automatic brightness option will make you teary in a matter of seconds. it just continuously plays with the brightness. up down up down dafuq?

I found these in my one day of use. will update you on more eventually.

19. papakyriazis
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

20. jazzharuddeen
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

jazzharuddeen , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Like the ROM But 2 major bugs i wanna get rid of 1. Battery drains like lose motion
    2. Robotic voice on YouTube videos and other online videos

Anonymous I'm likes this.