Oxygen OS Issues Thread

1. wmm
    KitKat Apr 8, 2015

wmm , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Fair enough. I'm sure they're aware of the issue by now, so hopefully in the first OTA update they'll do whatever is necessary.

Morphling likes this.
  2. robertsat2029
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

robertsat2029 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I was looking into a 1+1 phone and the custom OS is like a lot of issues do to being custom made. I use a ATT Moto G and looking for a good phone and was told about 1+1 I am a truck driver and is this a stable since I will not be able to mess with trying to update the updates to fix errors.

3. ogdenous
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

ogdenous , Apr 8, 2015 :
    better off staying with CM12S when it comes out until they work out the issues with OxgenOS. I also recall they would come to various cities to help people switch to the new OxygenOS ROM but haven't heard about that again.

4. SomeSayImHandSome
    Apr 8, 2015

SomeSayImHandSome , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Doesn't anyone remember when cm12 nightlys first started? It was a piece of shit. Give it time. It will improve

5. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

6. ogdenous
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

ogdenous , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I have that file as well. Doesn't work for me I get blank screen after I add my certificate and click next, never proceeds. Also my phone is encrypted, which I am not sure made a difference?

7. driz
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

driz , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Battery is horrible.

Showing kernel wakelocks
    PowerManagerService.WakeLocks 100%

Reverting back to CM12 nightlies until this ROM is ready for public consumption. Probably need to update the announcement thread to state [ALPHA] so people are aware.

8. tareqanwar
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

tareqanwar , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Add no themer as feature

9. Rimmo96
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2015

Rimmo96 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Question, why does the open apps not get killed when you restart your phone? Like seriously?: (

10. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

cedalone , Apr 8, 2015 :
    humm, i din't had this problem, but mine is not encrypted, maybe it's that. Did you install the last package (Exchange Services 6.5-1729047) ?

11. rubberbandito
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

rubberbandito , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I tried a third time and enabled usb debugging, wiped internal, and finally this time internal storage works. And I'm super impressed with this ROM. Has all the stuff I use except call block and text battery icon. But super stable. Way to go. I'll stick with Oxygen because I think will be updated faster than CM. I bet they beat CM to 5.1

12. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 8, 2015

cedalone , Apr 8, 2015 :
    i like Oxygen ( like nexus, but better with gestures), some features for cm are missing and i think it's ok because it's not cm. If people want all the cm features, the best way is going with cm. I hope OnePlus will add some features like privacy, eq and weather. But i really hope they'll keep this rom light, fast and close to stock Android as it is today...

13. parthroc
    Eclair Apr 8, 2015

parthroc , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I flashed cm12 nightly after one day of flashing oxygen os

14. wmm
    KitKat Apr 8, 2015

wmm , Apr 8, 2015 :
    You can get a text percentage of the battery by going to settings -> battery and tapping on the batter icon in the upper right cornet. That lets you choose between the default icon, a text percentage, and a circle. (No combined text/circle, though, in case that's what you meant.)

I am hopeful for fast updates, too, although time will tell. Frankly, I haven't been impressed with Cyanogen's bug fix rate; the speakerphone echo issue has been open for months and is eminently fixable, as illustrated by the fact that the bug is not present in OxygenOS.

15. kingnothingua
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2015

16. shelton.dsouza
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

shelton.dsouza , Apr 8, 2015 :
    I was referring to having those three options while using the volume buttons. (Refer to the image atrached-that's how it is in CM) Because while I had my music playing, I kept getting notification sounds and I tried to adjust my ringer volume to get rid of that but I had to go into settings to adjust that.

Screenshot_2015-04-08-22-37-10.png

17. rubberbandito
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

rubberbandito , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Awesome. Thanks for tip on battery!

18. abhinav!23
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2015

abhinav!23 , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Chrome has no tab adding icon.
    Adding new tab is only possible from options, and can add only one tab.
    Paper toss game is not working.
    Few games are not working

19. Udarji
    Froyo Apr 8, 2015

20. SpiderVice
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2015

SpiderVice , Apr 8, 2015 :
    Believe it or not, that is actually a Lollipop thing. I am using a CM based ROM and Chrome does not have a button either and there seems to be a two tab limit. It's what they did with Lollipop.