92.9%
  1. IvanMuse
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 17, 2016

IvanMuse , Mar 17, 2016 :
    +1

2. itsmesdn
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2016

itsmesdn , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Why is it so unbelievable. I used to read motorola forum when I was soak testing for the Moto x 1st gen.

3. Spannaa
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

Spannaa , Mar 17, 2016 :
    True, but it's still built in.

Maybe if people said what they meant...

Jitesh Saitawadekar likes this.
  4. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Mar 17, 2016 :
    But Moto Soak test is different from this one..for moto soak test we can apply for soak test but not in OP case.

5. Spannaa
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

Spannaa , Mar 17, 2016 :
    26 yes & 203 no?

That means more than 10% are testing it!

6. arex
    Froyo Mar 17, 2016

arex , Mar 17, 2016 :
    How to use issues pls teaxh me... M a non tech guy.. M on os 2.2.1

7. rarog
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Mar 17, 2016

rarog , Mar 17, 2016 :
    You can do some sock testing. I have some unwashed and worn out socks with some holes in it. You put your mobile inside and test it. :D

script, SoniaB, deviantartjr and 3 others like this.
  8. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Mar 17, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Mar 17, 2016 :
    You need to root first...but first of all you need to learn everything about it..cz sometimes this might bootloop your device..if you are not aware of than i recommend you not to try it or else first take a backup of your device.Goodluck

arex and Spannaa like this.
  9. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Mar 17, 2016 :
    So soak testing without public beta tester team?
    Look like OnePlus just wouldn't understand that their own employee is not the best people to be choosen as beta tester....

souvikdas95 likes this.
  10. souvikdas95

souvikdas95 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    He has just got the ota in his pocket by contacting a soak tester :p

11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 17, 2016

dsmonteiro , Mar 17, 2016 :
    1. No one knows if this is an actual soak test. This can very well be just an internal test build or even fake screenshots.
    2. If it is indeed a soak test, how do you know it's being tested by their own employees?
    3. Everyone in the industry does this. You're telling me that OnePlus (and everyone else) is wrong and you are right?
    4. Why do you assume that having an open beta test is better than soak testing / closed beta? Have you ever seen Cyanogen's JIRA? That thing is a mess! Tons of duplicates, poorly made bug reports, heck, some even aren't written in proper English. With a development small team is much easier to gather input from a handpicked bunch of people than from total random strangers on the internet.
    Don't take it this the wrong way, but everyone on the internet is a rocket scientist. You (and me and pretty much everyone on these forums) don't know anything about developing a phone. So, no, it's not them who doesn't understand how a beta test works.

bala, yetiweston, gopinathr and 17 others like this.
  12. Tom-PF
    Eclair Mar 17, 2016

Tom-PF , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Why can´t we get the Soak-Test-Rom for flashing ^^ It would bring a bitter number of testers.

13. arex
    Froyo Mar 17, 2016

14. Rob W

Rob W , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Steps for soak test:

1) Fill sink with water
    2) Drop phone in
    3) Leave in as long as possible
    4) Share results

(Obviously this is a JOKE. Do not put your phone in water.)

bala, pppttl, whiplash1 and 8 others like this.
  15. ezekionokia
    Honeycomb Mar 17, 2016

Ambardongre and DeFQoN_1_469 like this.
  16. californicated
    Froyo Mar 17, 2016

californicated , Mar 17, 2016 :
    I don't think so. OOS isn't buggier than other ROMs. There are even some Google bugs fixed, e.g. bounce scrolling. OnePlus did a good job with 2.2.1, so I'm pretty optimistic about M.

vincent.manjuran likes this.
  17. fxguru77
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2016

fxguru77 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Carl pei called grarak to ask if he could use his build now their trying to fit the laggy oxygen in it

vincent.manjuran likes this.
  18. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Mar 17, 2016

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Please put your disclaimer beFORE the steps, now i gotta buy a new phone :mad:

19. jkb114
    Lollipop Mar 17, 2016

jkb114 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    OOS isn't CM based

kshiteejnaik likes this.
  20. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , Mar 17, 2016 :
    2 : have you seen one single so called Beta Tester people here or have you seen a leaked soak test rom available? it is way to obvious that if this is indeed a soak test, it have been tested by their own employees cause none of the 2 that i have stated show up in this forum or any other site for that matter....

3 and 4 : have you seen the huge difference in development for Oxygen OS and Hydrogen OS? Hydrogen OS develop more quickly and even more mature then its older brother due to Public Beta Tester...it was them that give a lot of input and feedback on what is wrong about the OS...without them Hydrogen OS wouldn't be as good or even better then Oxygen OS....

didn't you're the one that said OnePlus International and OnePlus China is to different team? well i bet OnePlus China is laughing their a$$ off watching OnePlus International struggling to get FPS working on lolipop where they have already doing it successfully in both Lolipop and Marshmallow...it is all thanks to their Public Beta Tester that give them a lot of feedback to develop Hydrogen OS....

nirmalkurienmathews likes this.