Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. C1566492973084
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

C1566492973084 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Has anyone found a fix for the natural screen calibration? If you set the screen calibration to "Natural" the whole OS correctly switches to natural display. However the lock screen doesn't, the lock screen stays in "Vivid" mode and then when you unlock the device it goes back into "Natural" assuming it's a bug but didn't know if there was a work around.

2. docnok63
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2019

docnok63 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    You're somewhat right on one thing you said and dead wrong on all others.

The thing you got semi-right: This is an Open Beta for our devices and I'm sure we're guinea pigs for some software features that are being worked into the 7T builds. That being said, the internal OP testing team in China is handling testing for the most part (like 95%.) There's a lotta moving parts going on at the same time with this new Android version going out to many devices and to a carrier at the same time. Builds are going out in all directions (internal, closed beta, open beta) at the same time and there's only so many things that can happen at once. The TMo build that just went out is newer than OB2, but the TMo OP6T's build isn't ready yet.
    16th.jpg OP6T FUT not ready.jpg

Dead wrong: background tasks being killed are now a priority; https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/recap-open-ears-forum-developer-community-goa-india.1101974/

If Google Assistant wasn't working with the screen on, how would Screen Record be able to capture this video? (look at the file name and know it was just recorded)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bNNqgwE6q_HxvbDOBCfFiEidY8nEqcxC/view?usp=sharing

OnePlus is constantly evolving. Just because it's not happening at the pace you'd like for your device, doesn't mean that the company is sitting around twiddling their thumbs. There's a lot of devices to cover and three, possibly four if there's a 7T 5G variant, new ones to cover in the next couple of weeks.

Georgeoneplus7pro and Nic2112 like this.
  3. bandit1976
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2019

bandit1976 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    They need to fix the akkudrain. Also swiping middle is not working right. Auto brightness is not working right either

4. Nic2112
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2019

Nic2112 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    That's a tough one for me to answer because i use Android auto which charges my phone during my commute and during lunch, I also like to charge because, why not

What I do know is that by lunch time on stable, I'm usually at 85% battery. on beta one, one day, by lunch I was down to 55% which was insane.

On beta 2, I'm closer to 80% but usage varies so much that I'm not sure that's a good measure.

I really only notice on weekends because that's when I'm away from my charger the longest

5. DA7801
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2019

DA7801 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Oh
    So I'm a college student and from 11 to 6 i don't have access to charger
    So battery life really matters to me in that case

6. Rubash
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

7. gamer28389393
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019

8. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Sep 20, 2019

Swejuggalo , Sep 20, 2019 :
    It's near impossible to give perfect directions on how to improve battery life. So many variables. First of you need to investigate what really happens on your phone. Next is to limit the damage caused by some apps and perhaps block some wakelocks if needed. Additional apps may fit your needs or you might just prefer to disable background activity on some with built-in options.

Some ideas of what that could be done is in my battery guide.

My battery guide http://bit.ly/2ZzdsP8

DA7801 likes this.
  9. DA7801
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2019

DA7801 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    Thanks
    I'll look into it

10. Z1567768870139
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

11. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Sep 20, 2019

How to update to Open Beta or update beta with Oxygen Updater. All it really does is to help with downloading the file for you. With the correct name and correct directory. All you need to do is to install it when downloaded. Users without root normally only need full update when changing from 9 to 10. http://bit.ly/2HTDBRY

12. stevevue
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

stevevue , Sep 20, 2019 :
    just had my first random reboot today while using twitter... not a good look one plus, especially with the battery issues my phone is experiencing

13. stevevue
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

stevevue , Sep 20, 2019 :
    just started my day, here's how battery is performing, not well considering I haven't even used spotify
    1568991694532.jpg

1568991694568.jpg

14. Rhondon_Sama
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

15. maidip0013
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

maidip0013 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    After using this OB2 for considerable time now, I clearly see decline in battery life compared to OB1. OB1 had way better battery life with almost same usage of mine regularly.

Wi-fi always scanning has been turned off by me, yet still connecting to wi-fi drains battery significantly. Youtube usage is at par, and gaming declines battery drastically. I am not a gamer at all, play Candy crush, alto rarely, but found these extremely battery consuming with this version.

16. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Sep 20, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro

In your opinion Beta2 is perfect and stable. You and your phone only work great. All applications, Bateria, Wifi, VoLTE, GPS, Camera and all the hardware are going well. Probably everyone here is malicious, except you with your super-device. Tell us the your secret: Where did you buy the Super-OnePlus7Pro?​

I never really said it was perfect. The way I use it and with my installed apps I don't see much reason to complain.

On OB1 I installed Island (parallel apps solution) and hell broke loose. Ended up in bootloop. It's clearly not updated for Android 10 based on last update and it's early access... So I took a risk when trying it. I got out of the bootloop though and was able to disable and uninstall it. Only time I got that Qualcomm crash... So issues some have may be milder issues than what I got with Island. Compability issues. So many factors. So many possible apps. So many different configurations and usage scenarious. It can't be perfect for all. It might even be a disaster with beta for some users.
    Regarding hardware... Many users may even have slightly defect devices without even knowing it. Getting to know it's defect is a problem and not always easy to get verified. Next problem is to get it replaced or repaired by convincing the reseller or service center. Because let's face it... Not everyone is supposed to work with technical things. Some should start a new line of work instead of leaving the customers disappointed and angry. Kind of funny to talk to resellers at a phoneshop and you notice they have no idea what I'm talking about [e]1f609[/e]

17. Fauert
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2019

18. Abhimaan rajanna
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

19. steveharman
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

steveharman , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I've just downloaded and flashed the full update from the latest Oxygen version that was Android 9 based > This Android 10 based Beta 2. I simply can't get notifications to appear on screen unless the phone screen is activated, Could there be a setting I missed somewhere?

Take Gmail for example; with the screen on, I send myself a test email, the phone "dings" and shows the email notification. Repeat the same thing with the screen off (device locked) - nothing happens until I wake the phone up.

Yuvaraj Krishnan likes this.
  20. iamghouri
    Eclair Sep 20, 2019

iamghouri , Sep 20, 2019 :
    almost satisfied this version besides that this 2 bugs

1. When i Open contact. Click photo
    Expected. Photo should sync a higher resolution version via Internet from Google servers.
    Actual. Photo does not get updated with higher resolution version

2. Adjust brightness slider manually when using auto brightness.
    Expected. Stay at set point and follow for future.
    Actual. Reverts to old set point. Ignores user set values

anubis72 and Covrivov like this.