Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 30, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Try this. Swipe up to home/launcher. Swipe back to your app. Type again.
    I've seen this happen on Community app to but with Swiftkey so I don't think it's a Gboard issue.
    Replicate and report via feedback tool.
    I have not yet found a good way to replicate this fast. But I'll replicate it somehow and report it too.

Bashauyo likes this.
  2. Rajiv77.
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

Rajiv77. , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 1, 2020 :
    I can't update Oneplus gallery app on Play Store after open beta. The error shows "can't update please go through link to resolve it" .It shows same error after completing download

Knordor likes this.
  3. Sonusihag
    Donut Oct 1, 2020

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 1, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Usually this helps (see link, try ALL). But rather often it does not seem to help in this case (if they actually tried all steps).
    Some even did an factory reset and got it solved that way. I don't have this issue and I reset at Developer Preview 3. If this is triggered by something like 10 upgrade or something else I don't know.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en

Alternative solutions is to manually update either via Apkmirror or the alternative store Aurora Store.
    https://auroraoss.com

And ofcourse report this via the feedback tool to Oneplus but possible also to Google if this might be a wider issue not limited to only Oneplus.

5. qvert
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2020

qvert , Oct 1, 2020 :
    it's the same with swiftkey

6. Azzlan786
    Eclair Oct 1, 2020

Azzlan786 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 1, 2020 :
    So, this build is significantly better than the last build. Little to no bugs. Much more stable and many bug fixes from the previous build.

Battery life is better than the last, but there's still room for improvement.

7. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

AndyRM , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 1, 2020 :
    I can use Google play and my banking apps with OB2 and could with OB1. If it's material I am in the UK and have 8 pro

8. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

Two problems which started with OS10 around July/August. The BIG one is that when using Android Auto the screen locks and this causes the car screen to lock as well making the Android Auto useless. Surely this should be a to priority yet no acknowledgement seems from oneplus. A quick look in the forum shows hundreds of others with same problem. Readdle also overflowing with same.

A second problem is the switching from ring mode to total silence or vibrate. Switch remains in ring position

9. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Android Auto has been broken for lots of people across many different brands:
    https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/2475001?hl=en

One fix I have seen is to search in Settings for Android Auto and then remove your vehicle and start again - painful I know.

10. FlugzeugSK
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2020

FlugzeugSK , Oct 1, 2020 :
    try to use SMART LOCK feature in security menu, it keeps phone unlocked until connected to car, or until connected to your smartwatch. it is just a workaround, but it may help.

11. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

12. AndyRM
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

Tried that did not solve it.☹️

13. molo4567
    Eclair Oct 1, 2020

14. Dr.No.pt
    Froyo Oct 1, 2020

Dr.No.pt , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Never had this issue. Using Swiftkey beta. Try it. :)

15. Swarn_raj
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

16. O1561987990774
    Eclair Oct 1, 2020

Attached Files:

17. K1598816541873
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

18. Z1546248036502
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

19. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 1, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Usually this helps (see link below, try ALL Google recommended solutions). But rather often it does not seem to help in this case (if they actually tried all steps).
    Some even did an factory reset and got it solved that way. I don't have this issue and I reset at Developer Preview 3. If this is triggered by something like 10 upgrade or something else I don't know.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003?hl=en

Alternative solutions is to manually update either via Apkmirror or the alternative store Aurora Store.
    https://auroraoss.com

And of course report this via the feedback tool to Oneplus but possible also to Google if this might be a wider issue not limited to only Oneplus.

I had several different Play Store versions and not a single issue on any app ever since DP3.