Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. nabin21
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2020

2. qvert
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2020

qvert , Oct 18, 2020 :
    Is there an option to switch off the automatic night mode picture taken during night ?

Before, I was able to use normal photo mode without night mode, now during night and dark pictures the camera app forces night mode even when it's not selected

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020

3. Sid@p
    Froyo Oct 19, 2020

4. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 19, 2020

5. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 19, 2020 :
    ??? If you are waiting for beta 3 the month mark is Thursday I believe so no delay, if you are talking about stable update and you already have beta then you need to reread the thread and understand that on the beta path you will not receive stable

6. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Goku_SuperSaiyan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 19, 2020 :
    I was waiting for your reply !

I have attached a photo of OnePlus 7t series open beta program , 1 month is over and no update till now...

They tweaked their policy and made 1 open beta update in a month and see there is no update for the device !

Same will happen to 8 series !

Its nothing new !
    But with coming of new device , the update becomes slow for older device !
    I respect it , they have to tailor the new device , but can't you increase your team who can look after older devices !

Here OnePlus is lacking !
    They make rules and they only breaks it !
    1603136757010.jpg

7. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Beta 3 won't come on time !
    Mark my words !

They are busy somewhere else !

8. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

They need to work on stable, I don't care that it doesn't come on time, they rushed stable 11 out for the 8 series and it is full of issues for some. They are rushing crap updates because the community are so impatient and demand updates when they are not ready to be released.

9. Goku_SuperSaiyan

All these are excuses !
    They can tailor a good update for 8T series , but can't for 8 series !

Common man !
    Its about priorities and business !

10. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

How do you know it is a good update? Do you even own an 8 series phone

11. Goku_SuperSaiyan

12. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

Why do you care about the 7T series then? It's been superceded with the 8T, 8 series and Nord series, it's an old phone so no longer a priority always been the way.

13. Goku_SuperSaiyan

Same fate is happening to a 6 month old phone !
    And 7t is just a year old phone !
    This is condition of updates in a year , than don't expect for 8 series too !...

The point is , to look after old customers too !
    Not to move on

14. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 19, 2020

It's a business, their newest items will be their priority and to get people to buy them, to encourage this they have slowed down updates for older phones so that people will upgrade. It's a business after all, it happens in all sectors, no one cares about old devices except those that haven't updated to them and they aren't a priority anymore as they haven't spent money with the company for over a year.

15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 19, 2020 :
    Ah. Hopefully not far away. I'm an update addict myself. It takes me about a week delay or more before I get annoyed though... But mostly because of boredom 😉
    11 betas for 7/7T should not be that far away... If I were left on 7 Pro I would accept a bit longer delay and hope for first 11 beta instead of beta 19 (9 in 7T case)

16. G1594888191227
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

G1594888191227 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    its so sad seeing this OS going into shit , buying op8pro or any op device before it was never about value vs specs for me. it was for the OS the closest thing to stock android with flagship specs period. its still kinda stock to me but the bugs bugs bugs bugs everywhere , bloatware etc... like wtf is going on man

17. JacobKhu
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

JacobKhu , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    For those panicking now because you flashed your ROM with OS11 beta a few months prior and now you can't switch to stable without wiping off data, you should have known better before you have gone beta. And don't get paranoid - you aren't stuck in the same state forever, you will still have upgrades in the beta channel, duh, just like the stable build. Think of stable and beta channels running as parallel worlds, but beta is ahead, and dropping from the more advanced beta to the older stable will certainly require a wipe. For me I'll definitely be sticking with OS11 Beta, waiting for new features/improvements in OpenBeta3 that won't be happening in stable OS11 anytime soon, and besides, the stable build is not any less buggy than the beta versions anyway with all the errors in starting messaging app and so on. We don't even have the messaging app errors in OS11 beta.

18. MeekB2G
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

MeekB2G , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Did Canvas AOD get removed from Beta 2? I used it once and when restarting it no longer works. So I tried uninstalling the Oxygen Launcher updates and reinstalling and now the option is gone entirely. Any thoughts?

19. FlugzeugSK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 20, 2020 :
    not sure how, but canvas dissapeared also for me in OB2.
    i dont use AOD or similar features.

MeekB2G likes this.