Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

nachiketh7, Predict23 and Swejuggalo like this.
  2. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I have been able to connect to BOSE, along with numerous other sets of Bluetooth headphones without any issue, I think these issues are down to model or regional issues as I haven't had any problems with downloading any apps either in the UK whilst others have issues with the playstore and OPs own apps.

3. vrushab_kaveri
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

vrushab_kaveri , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Facing many issues in stable os 11
    1. Battery drainage
    2.network going off suddenly
    3.amazon apps don't work properly
    4.suddenly phone screen goes dark until it gets restarted automatically.

Need review on beta 3 update if it is better than stable os 11

Nixxon2000 likes this.
  4. Predict23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2020

Predict23 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Beta 3 is more stable for sure.

dreams1968 and vrushab_kaveri like this.

5. dreams1968 likes this.
  6. vrushab_kaveri
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

7. rkj347
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

8. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 30, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 30, 2020 :
    You can backup data with various methods. Many apps can sync data of their own. I only use the apps syncs and own app internal backup methods that does not affect the whole system when restored together with automatic sync of video and pictures on Onedrive. Regardless what happens... Rollbacks, dropped and broken, stolen and so on.... Never loose anything important.

I never use Google backup and import data from previous phone when reinstalling an device. Never Oneplus Switch either.
    Usually best in the long run. Unexpected issues due to backups is best when they are avoided 😉

9. Swejuggalo

Where they refering to letting 3rd party apps use full resolution perhaps? Third party apps use 4MP instead of 12MP on selfie camera... Or simply refering to better seflie cameras on 8T?

10. FlugzeugSK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Oneplus Switch is not bad for call logs, messages, photos, and videos...
    apps, launcher and system setting can make some mess in the system, and i never used them..

11. Swejuggalo

Exactly.
    Don't know why but some user claimed it caused some issues even when he just backed up media files. Odd. Don't really makes sense. Maybe some issue with Switch then....
    His returning issues went away when skipping both Google data recovery during setup and Oneplus Switch completely.

12. FlugzeugSK , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 30, 2020 :
    it may happen, because OP Switch is by default making backup of all listed folders which contain media files.. i prefer to manually select only photos and videos shot on phone, excluding all download, facebook or whatsapp folders. never had an issue with this setting...

13. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

Battery drains as expected after it settles
    Haven't had any issues with network dropping but I never have all through Dev profiles to beta 3
    Again never had an issue with Amazon apps (EU 2023 MODEL)
    Did run in to this issue once but hasn't happened since

14. Abbas1103
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

15. sonhawk
    Froyo Oct 30, 2020

sonhawk , Oct 30, 2020 :
    There are definite problems in the OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11 Bluetooth stack.

If I pair it to the stereo in my car, the entire deck does a hard reset and when it comes back all Bluetooth connections are gone. I've sent in bug reports and captured the logs multiple times, but the OP engineers haven't had any luck with it.

Through the process of elimination, I've determined that it's related to streaming. It wasn't hard. If I disable streaming for that connection, everything else works fine. Guess how most headphones work? If you guessed streaming, you're right. Obviously, it isn't completely horked, since it works on some (most?) devices, but it's pretty clear there is a major problem.

And it's definitely a OnePlus problem, not an Android 11 problem because I've paired the system with a Pixel 4XL and a Pixel 5 (both running A11) with zero problems.

16. InderpalRuprai , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 30, 2020 :
    7.5 hours screen time 120hz fhd, social media apps and youtube use.

geoxar likes this.
  17. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2020

I'd agree it would be interesting to see what models phones this affects or of it across the range much like their own apps not working for some users I think it could be linked to the model number.

18. Prestigyy
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Prestigyy , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 30, 2020 :
    What about this issue, did the solve the network type as below 5 g is missing
    1604097455390.jpg

19. djaym7
    Gingerbread Oct 31, 2020