Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. dmellos
    Eclair Nov 2, 2020

2. nickdagriff
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

nickdagriff , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Hold Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.

3. anwar.kadiwala
    Eclair Nov 2, 2020

4. ErynOP
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

ErynOP , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Hey,
    Beta is ok as the previous one.
    Can be usable every day.

5. Tayim
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 2, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Depends what app it is. Sometimes wiping data on the app and set it up again. Sometimes the app needs an update.
    Sometimes you simply have too many issues created by the upgrade and may get an better experiance by doing a full wipe and clean install. (truely clean - setup as new device without restore Google data during setup, and preferable no full Oneplus Switch (no settings, launcher, apps, just select sms/mms and selected parts of pictures, videos, sound))

7. Gowda.kakanna
    Eclair Nov 2, 2020

Gowda.kakanna , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Dear team there is a problem in OB3 when we connected to wifi we use get notification when we are busy with sim1 if any one trying to calling to sim 2 this is missing kindly update it.

8. kpcivil22
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

F1597919646648 likes this.
  9. FlugzeugSK
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2020

FlugzeugSK , Nov 2, 2020 :
    i have still random network dropping in OB3, both WiFi and Data connection drops at same time.
    network is also laggy and slow at random times. not depending on app used, when this happens, it is same in all apps.
    already reset network settings twice, but not helped...
    anyone with same issue ?
    not sure how to put in feedback because 95% of time is all working normally and this happens in totally random intervals which i cannot repeat... :(

Pochinki likes this.
  10. aicse
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2020

aicse , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    The same will apply for the app that will be developed by OP team, it will require the permission to draw over. Also it will require a great effort to make such an app. And it is very niche with lot of third party apps available.

Nevertheless you can try proposing this feature in the threads that are dedicated for feature requests. It is called "Ideas" you can check the forum and find it, it is closed for now, but it will be reopened for new propositions, you can try your luck.

11. rkj347
    Froyo Nov 2, 2020

rkj347 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    They spoke specially about better quality photos and videos on snapchat

12. Gowda.kakanna
    Eclair Nov 2, 2020

13. Q1594612126988
    Donut Nov 2, 2020

Q1594612126988 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Is that working for you ?

14. G_Patryk_Ufir_Uied , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 2, 2020 :
    yeah it works perfectly. I would say at least 20% better battery life,no bugs etc. only downside for me is lack of proper always on display. I don't even bother with beta 3. I'll wait for proper stable 11.

15. Swejuggalo

If you report it you get instructions on how to capture the more advanced logs... I have messed around and created logs for 150h+ a few times 😜
    Simply start it. Snap a screenshot when it happens. Even if it means you need to log for a few days.

FlugzeugSK likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo

Ah. I missed the event. I don't know how the lenses act on 8T...but if they cut the resolution in 4 on selfie camera as they do on 8 Pro there would be low resolution there as well.

17. vrushab_kaveri
    Froyo Nov 2, 2020

18. vrushab_kaveri
    Froyo Nov 2, 2020

vrushab_kaveri , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Happening with most of the people... infact I faced it too..and have sent all the logs to the customer support..all I got back is to wait for the developers to work on it.

FlugzeugSK likes this.
  19. Arshlanoneplus
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

Arshlanoneplus , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    I am using a oneplus 8 and i bought from amazon 30 of october and recently update my device into oxygen os 11 but i am facing some problem on my device my device is draining bettery is to fast and one more thing i am facing a heating issue. I bought my fst oneplus device is nord after using nord i decided to bought a flagship device by oneplus because i love that oxygen os and all features that is given by oneplus so i request to oneolus community please fix this problem.

Kriti Karna likes this.
  20. vrushab_kaveri
    Froyo Nov 2, 2020

vrushab_kaveri , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    There have been battery issues since the stable os 11 from first....you can update your phone to beta 3 it is smooth and most of the issues like heating or battery drain is fixed.