Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 7, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    NOTICE

It seems like some users are reporting receiving the Stable update over the Open Beta 3, leading to a full data wipe. This information was already shared with the the software team so it can be checked and addressed. Meanwhile, if you receive an update OTA, please double-confirm if it's an Open Beta update. If it isn't, please DO NOT install it.

We strongly suggest you to backup your key data via a cloud service, perform a full backup via OnePlus Switch, and transfer it to a computer or a USB drive for double insurance.

2. AlejoLinardi
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

AlejoLinardi , Nov 7, 2020 :

Thanks for this

dsmonteiro likes this.

3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 7, 2020

4. ChristianEngen , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    I know, but that's why I wonder why the screen issent are there anymore. Just disappeared and go back to normal screen. But i will find it out in 12 hours if the phones reboot or not🤷🏼‍♂️

5. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 7, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Way too late for that. My 8 Pro automatically installed the update and wiped the phone after a reboot. I also lost access to some services including PayPal because it also wiped the 2FA app.

6. dsmonteiro

ChristianEngen likes this.
  7. bp1313
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

bp1313 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    After my phone self updated and wiped lat evening; I downgraded to OOS 10, then updated to OB3 again, with full wipe; turned off Auto-download on wifi in settings. Thought that would fix any future updates...

HA! I just woke up to the same update notification. Saying phone updated please reboot. It's has now self updated and wiped itself again

It self updated regardless, that Auto-update on wifi setting!!
    I'll have a fun Saturday setting everything up.

kouzelnik3 likes this.
  8. bp1313
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

bp1313 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    It gets even better!!

It self updated and wiped itself, and now it says it is still on OB3

What did you guys push this morning for my phone to perform pseudo update that made it update and wipe itself, even though it was restored to OB3 last night, and now it still says it is on OB3; albeit fresh wiped :)

9. sanjay_297
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

10. bp1313
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

thedarkpresence_, Nikz_9 and geoxar like this.
  11. sanjay_297
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

12. Swejuggalo

13. Swejuggalo

14. geoxar
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2020

geoxar , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    I have already raised a bug about the issue with few applications that cannot be displayed in full screen because of the camera inside the screen for the OnePlus Nord but the same issue also exists for OnePlus 8 Pro. The user should be able to stretch all the applications to full screen no matter if the developer of the current application supports screens with in display camera or not. Could you please let us know if you plan to fix this issue soon?

Minions and NowTv applications below:

1604774819845.jpg

1604774819958.jpg

1604774820032.jpg

15. dsmonteiro

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Nov 7, 2020 :
    UPDATE 2 (November 7):

For those that received the 11.0.1.1 update but haven't restarted the phone yet, the software team has prepared a solution to avoid data loss.
    1. Install this apk. You need to install it after the update was installed but before you restart.
    2. After the apk is installed, run the application, click "KEEP DATA".
    3. You should now be able to restart the phone without losing your data.
    Still, we would advise to back up essential data before you restart the device.

16. TofikMemon
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

17. sumitvrma
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

18. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 7, 2020 :
    If you haven't rebooted or got a wipe yet... Check second sticky post on first page.

19. Swejuggalo

geoxar and sumitvrma like this.