Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro

1. nielseulink
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2020

nielseulink , Nov 19, 2020 :
    Same issue with my oneplus 8 pro and car system, the car bluetooth connection started to do strange things after upgrading to android 11.

2. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2020

3. sonhawk
    Froyo Nov 19, 2020

sonhawk , Nov 19, 2020 :
    The Bluetooth problem first appeared in Beta 1. I didn't install it at the time, but after finding the problem in Beta 2, and reporting it, I installed Beta 1 and found the problem there, too. It's also in Beta 3 and both of the official releases.

The biggest problem is the apparent ineptitude of the OnePlus software engineers. After reporting the problem, they asked me to gather logs and send them to them, which I did. After a couple of weeks, they replied back that the logs were inconclusive. I kind of knew this would happen since, while the problem is in the phone, the actual failure is in the paired device. All that they are going to see in the logs is a disconnect.

So, after the OP inaction, I played with it some more and discovered that the problem is in the streaming portion of the interface, not the handsfree. If you disable streaming, after pairing, it should work fine. Unless you use streaming, then the problem remains.

A couple of weeks later, Beta 3 came out and I was contacted, asking if I would collect more logs. At that point, I'd lost interest, because of their inability to do basic software development. New logs would give the same information as the previous logs (nothing).

I've spent most of my career writing embedded software and drivers (much like this) and have had to fix problems like this, many times (frequently problems that I created). The only way to fix this is to look at the differences made to the code between Android 10 and 11. Look at the code changes, discover what is in one and not in the other. They might even consider instrumenting a Bluetooth streaming device and seeing the difference between what is received from Android 10 vs Android 11.

At this point, I'm about done with OnePlus, not because of their products. I love the 8 Pro, as well as the other half-dozen OP phones I've owned. The problem is with the software team. It seems like they're in over their heads, and without good software, a phone is just a very expensive brick.

Take care.

4. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2020

ErynOP likes this.
  5. ErynOP
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

6. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK likes this.
  7. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2020

8. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK
    Froyo Nov 20, 2020

G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , Nov 20, 2020 :
    How come this issue never been look into it ? All those fix are pointless when you guys never fix the priorities.

For your info, GCam shot no issue with purple tint. 🤬

Attached Files:

9. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2020

10. ritesh808
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2020

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Nov 20, 2020 :
    You mean the selfie camera? What purple tint?
    If selfie camera is the affected one....and it happens in low light situations. Use hardened glas protector?
    Compared the actual screen brightness between GCam and stock camera? GCam dims down just like any other app. Stock camera brightens up the screen. See why reflections inside the glass can be an issue in one of the cameras?

12. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Nope. Main camera.

13. abhikothari111 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 20, 2020 :
    There is a possibility that we get it a couple of days later. And I'm fine with it

14. G_Chee_Seng_vsTK , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Lowlight condition like my photos.. even in my room lowlight this will happen... And once happen with lighting on top inside lift.. my wife black shirt turn in to some purple tint.

15. G1589812555742 likes this.
  16. YoMamasNerd
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

jmendozanunez likes this.