Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. BENJZ89
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

2. Z1572790374967
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

Z1572790374967 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    God this forum/thread is a mess!
    Literally Every page:
    1. gUyS i dOn'T kNoW hOw tO dOwNgRaDe. = I don't know how to google or even read the previous page of the thread.
    2. Stable guys asking - When will we get stable update for this build.
    Answer- We f#@# don't know!
    3. People replying to these posts.

Is there any sort of moderation at all?

J1585090666932, tryfe, R1ch4t and 6 others like this.
  3. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

Donald Nice , Aug 4, 2020 :
    The lack of moderators is the problem here and the reason why I don't want to spend any more work here.

It's a mess and everybody wants the answer served on a silver tablet. Nobody is able to read even if the answer is posted 5 min ago in the same thread.

I really would enjoy this forum and spend more time here, but with this kind of users and no moderators here, it's no fun.

4. beanpolebiker
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2020

beanpolebiker , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Clowns who have no business being on Beta versions have swamped this thread, only to start crying within a few days and asking for 'how to roll back to stable'. I thought the Nokia forums were bad, when I was on an 8.1, but OnePlus forums are next level horrible.

Every time I call these people out , I receive a message from the moderators stating that the forums are to provide help for everyone, irrespective of how many times the same questions have been asked. They are clowns too.

tryfe, Niek Kant, MarianCanea and 6 others like this.
  5. Captain_Gowtham
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2020

Captain_Gowtham , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I bought my new oneplus 7t a week ago, so I don't know much about these open beta stuff's. Can I get a help, should I need to download beta 6 or should I wait of OTA update.

6. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

Donald Nice , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Read this: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/faq-oneplus-7t-oxygenos-beta-stable-update-guide.1229015/

After that, decide for your self. But be prepared that there may be bugs in beta and make sure you know how to get back to stable, before you flash beta.

Captain_Gowtham likes this.
  7. 2therock
    Eclair Aug 4, 2020

2therock , Aug 4, 2020 :
    I posted earlier beta 6 was causing random shut downs (2 a day) killing the battery on some instances. Requiring 3 button press to restart.
    Update ; I think it was SMS Backup & Restore Pro not playing nice with Beta 6.
    I noticed the shutdowns were not random but on a schedule matching SMS backup & upload.
    I killed all the BU & uploaded schedules and no shut downs in 24 hrs.
    That is the only issue I have. Battery life is OK, could be better.

8. imBSP
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

9. Adee_adarsh
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

10. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

Donald Nice , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for spreading misinformation / fake news. Not.

God damn, why im answering trolls? I should spend less time here.

ShayantanGhosh likes this.
  11. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

lpadvisor , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I hope they have finally fixed the Adaptive Brightness issue which has been around since Android 10 came out. The Adaptive Brightness continues to set brightness too low. Even after repeated user setting of brightness higher. I look forward to the release for that fix... I hope.

12. ShayantanGhosh
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

ShayantanGhosh , Aug 5, 2020 :

Mr.Donald Nice,
    Your work in this community especially the post with the OnePlus 7T series, explaining about Open Beta and Stable builds and everything is much appreciated. I understand it gets frustrating not seeing enough moderators here and more trolls or just random people with zero knowledge. Sometimes, things are too good for people to realise. That's what happens for them with Open Beta and everything :p
    I wanted to let you know that your work is appreciated here by some, if that helps.
    I've been running Open Beta on my OnePlus 7T ever since the first beta in February 2020. Running perfect and smooth. Had no issues whatsoever. Neither with display or battery drain or disconnection or whatever. OnePlus does a fine job at this. And a few people who are here to help people, but some ungrateful noobs!
    Well, there's no pleasing them.

This is hence an appreciation post for OnePlus and Donald Nice and any other good samaritans out there. I'm too irritated with the trolls and noobs, to be of some help here.
    Cheers, everyone!

13. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

Thank you very much. It's nice to hear that a couple of users appreciate what I'm doing.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

14. Donald Nice
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

First you spread misinformation and now you cry for help because of buggy pubg? Wtf...

I'm out, troll somewhere else.

Vaibhav_sinha and 2therock like this.

15. Vaibhav_sinha
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

imBSP likes this.