Oxygen OS Open Beta 9 for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro

1. _infected_technical_ , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Feels like I spent my money on the wrong product (brand ) should have bought samsung afterall they r the best ! Next time no OnePlus products for sure

2. Diabolique
    Eclair Jan 13, 2021

Diabolique , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 13, 2021 :
    To be clear from the start , not a 1+ fanboy wich you can clearely see from my first post on 1+ forums wich was closed in less than 24 hours,i just want to post a few thoughts regarding this thread.

1. Users shouldn't be so eager to test a beta firmware with features that are newly introduced to this phone like AOD,new OS tipe and so on.
    Many of us use their phones not just for personal entertaiment but also for work and important data , a buggy OS (like moust beta firmwares are) with battery drain,poor signal quality,bluetouth,gps and wifi drops would affect everyday usage for moust users.
    Delaying a new OS release to fix as many of these issues as possible is understandable from a developer point of view and sould be for the end user also. To be honest,for example,how many know how to roll back to a stable version without spamming the forum? Releasing a buggy firmware would cause bigger distress than not releasing one right now.
    You cant really compare 1+ to Samsung or Huawei for example,their developement team might just be as many as the entire 1+ employs so developers are also put on strain by so many projects and it is normal for them to delay some of them,moustly regarding older phones.

2. Sure ,many regret buying a 1+ device right now ,i'm among them also,but the complains of 1 , 10 or 100 users would affect 1+ too much as sales aren't impacted too much , unsatisfied users are of little to no importance as long as sales aren't impacted.
    Media already cought some of these complains and started pointing them out, this is the only thing that would affect sales significantly and would affect 1+ long therm,but that could be 1 year,2 or 3 from now.

3. Shouting out to forum moderators or admin is usseles,they aren't 1+ employs,have little to no power over our problems,they just collect and report,thats theyir only power,after that its 1+ decisions. Spending hours a day while having a propper daily job and a fammily ,cleaning threads,watching for rule violations and collecting issues isnt easy considering you get nothing out of it or maybe a 1+ cofee mug a year wich is woth 3 $. For forums moderator my compasion,i understand them , but this doesnt mean that some of them abuse their power banning or clossing threads for little or no reason,but at the same time the doings of a few shouldn't be hold against all of them.

So moust of us should conssider many of these thing i said,the list is way longer but this thread is long as it is. Issues should be spoken as issues in the according threads, firmware should be spoken in according threads. Asking for new firmware,other tipe of complains ,ETA's and so on should be spoken in off topic threads.
    Lets not make moderators life harder cleaning up our mess,they cant do anything regarding the latest concerns on these formus , the issues must be resolved by 1+ not them , If they care about image and long therm brand conffidence remains to be seen, but as of right now, thing aren't verry bright regarding 1+'s long therm image.

Thanks,

ervj125, Udit2508, us4ak and 12 others like this.
  3. Aaron2017
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2021

Aaron2017 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Very well said!

4. zolam@zol
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

zolam@zol , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Useless speech no one interested in your logic .. question is that what they doing from last 3to5 month..

Udit2508, us4ak, Psychosis69 and 6 others like this.

5. zolam@zol
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

zolam@zol , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Qualcomm give solutions within a week ..so Qualcomm is not a problem..go research than reply .....

Udit2508 and Psychosis69 like this.

6. Diabolique
    Eclair Jan 13, 2021

Diabolique , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Ask 1+ themselves , not on a forum dedicated for a whole other reason, you think anyone from 1+ gives a damn about my,your and others oppinios ? As long as sales dont drop like i said , they wont give anyone any answers or ETA's . Nobody has a signed agrement from them stating they will do this and that untill a certain time , all is just small chat and written statements. Sure , If we had everything they said written and signed by them , we could sue them in a colective trial, return all of our phones for not respecting the agrement and get our money back, but even then, i bet alot of people would still buy with that refund a newer model still from 1+. My whole purpose for the post was to make others understand that asking for ETA'a , blamming this or that , is usseles over here,only ones affected are mods.

Wanna get real answers ? Sure , heres an ideea , reach out to a tech rewiever on YouTube , suggest creating a survey online regarding our experience and make a honest video regarding the results of that survey,in guessing it wont turn out so good from a user perspective .
    If 1+ really gives a damn about buyers and wants to improve , pin the survey on their forums also,issues with the 7 series software developement and support are the same as the previous generations,expect the same for the 8'th series soon.

Udit2508 and X1568202271558 like this.
  7. ango123456
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2021

8. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 13, 2021

BeingIncog , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Moderators are not OnePlus employee...

9. Ganesh_MSP
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2021

Ganesh_MSP , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Well said mate , you nailed it

10. xgnowak
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

11. aponsiddique
    Froyo Jan 13, 2021

12. mprodromou
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

alvince and MD.Khan like this.
  13. rahulpatil695
    Froyo Jan 14, 2021

14. Dipto79
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

15. jritterwwu
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

16. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba and WEBSDCOOL like this.
  17. MANOJ@915
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021