Oxygen OS OxygenOS 10.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Apr 27, 2020

Manu J. , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of a new OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8 Pro:

IN: OxygenOS 10.5.5.IN11DA
    EU: OxygenOS 10.5.5.IN11BA
    NA: OxygenOS 10.5.5.IN11AA​

Changelog
    • System
      • Optimized touch sensitivity on the screen edges
      • Optimized the display effects
    • Improved video smoothness in Motion graphics smoothing
      • Fixed known issues and improved system stability
      • Battery
      • Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
    • Camera
      • Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment
      • Improved the smoothness and stability
    • Network
      • Enable Greece Vodafone VoWiFi (EU only)
      • Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
    We look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.

Do try out the new Feedback tool and if you have any questions or need help, please contact bughunters@oneplus.com. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app.

[​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we'll begin a broader rollout in a few days.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 27, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Oh So Soon
    Nice :cool:
    Hopefully the display issues got fixed with optimized display effects

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020

3. karthik yadawad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2020

4. Naitsab243
    Donut Apr 27, 2020

5. MrTalon

6. P1587934125938
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

7. everkurt
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2020

Attached Files:

8. Naitsab243
    Donut Apr 27, 2020

Naitsab243 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Nice, good to hear. I haven't really noticed green tint on my unit. But I have some image retention. Hope they can fix that too and that it's not burn in, that would be disappointing.

Zoide, B1587637663881, AJLM10 and 2 others like this.
  9. Matthius__
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

Matthius__ , Apr 27, 2020 :
    The green tint is most definitely not fixed. Apps like Gmail, Discord and the Play store still have a visible Green-like appearance at 20-30% brightness. Turning on night mode? This just turns those greens to reds.

Image retention, still there, and the black bar along the top emanating horizontally from the selfie cam remains.
    I don't want to return this phone because bar from this it's perfect but it's seeming increasingly likely this is the only rational response if this issue cannot resolved due to it being a hardware fault.

The subjectivity of the green tint colour when compared to 'oh the alert slider isn't working' is, in my opinion, what is causing the large amount of people saying they have, and don't have issues. Although I can't prove this, I would bet the significant majority, if not all 8 Pro's are affected by the problems mentioned above to some degree.

In summary, all this update has done is hide the issues from main use, making the quick settings background AMOLED Black rather than a dark grey, essentially hiding the issue. Other phones now on OOS 10 such as the OP6 and the OP5 have dark grey quick settings tiles as a background since their screens don't have issues...

I can't settle with these issues for the price.

10. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Apr 27, 2020

Godfather 1 , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 27, 2020 :
    i was thinking of buying Oneplus 8....but now...have to reconsider..i hope they fix it soon....

12. Matthius__
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

If you're talking about the OP8 (not Pro), I have only seen a handful of people saying they have the green tint issue with it so I'd say it's pretty safe to give it a go.

Manfred Priester and G_plusone like this.
  13. karthik yadawad

karthik yadawad , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 27, 2020 :

Godfather 1

i was thinking of buying Oneplus 8....but now...have to reconsider..i hope they fix it soon....​

it's just a software cause, it will be fixed by updates.
    you can buy!!

G_plusone likes this.
  14. X1574337520681
    Eclair Apr 27, 2020

Zoide and G_plusone like this.
  15. Matthius__
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

Use Oxygen Updater from the Play store.

Fritz Höpner likes this.
  16. MrTalon

MrTalon , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Apr 27, 2020 :
    I don't have the problems anymore. looks like ur unit is more "broke" than mine. But can confirm that the Screen uniformity with nightmode on is a nightmare. the black things on the left/right

L1583759254487 likes this.
  17. MrCrazyR
    Froyo Apr 27, 2020

MrCrazyR , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 27, 2020 :
    is it save to do this with the app, you dont get some problems every country is different.

18. flagshipkiller2014
    Gingerbread Apr 27, 2020

flagshipkiller2014 , Apr 27, 2020 :

MrCrazyR

Still on 10.5.4
    View attachment 1294060

if you read the start of the post the keyword there is "incremental". just wait until it hits your phone. this applies to the hundreds of other people that will say the same as you lol