Oxygen OS OxygenOS 10.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 Pro

1. Zeshan006
    Eclair May 6, 2020

2. Zeshan006
    Eclair May 6, 2020

Zeshan006 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    Hi

I can't get instant notification on the goole hangout app.. Every time I have to opne the app to see if any messages since I switched my one plus 6 to the one plus 8 pro...

Can you help me fix plz.. [e]1f609[/e]

3. Royg
    Cupcake May 6, 2020

Royg , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    when will you sort the 5g not working with a dual SIM issue ? If I'd known about this I probably wouldn't have bought the 8pro

4. LordBeggar
    Honeycomb May 6, 2020

LordBeggar , May 6, 2020 :
    I've been using Galaxy phones from S1 - S10 and I never had this many issues with the software. Now we all know why Samsung take very long to update. They test the software thoroughly before releasing to the public but Oneplus bets test on us.

If I am paying $1000+ for a phone, at least I expect it to be near perfect hardware and software wise but Oneplus 8 pro is no where near to a finished product. Now we need to wait months and months for Oneplus to fix the issues.

5. MrCrazyR , via OnePlus Community App , May 6, 2020 :
    no thats not the reason one plus is better with updates, but one plus is not a phpne builder like samsung, they buy the parts and they dont do a good control check

6. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter May 6, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    Anyone willing to extract the laucher apk from an 8 Pro (with working Discover ofcourse) and share it with me? Want to check something on my 7 Pro [e]1f609[/e]

7. LordBeggar
    Honeycomb May 6, 2020

LordBeggar , May 6, 2020 :
    Is it not the same thing Apple do? They buy the parts (except CPU) and assemble the together?
    We can/ did forgive OP when the phone were cheap flagship killer but since they want to be flagship and charging flagship price, we expect them to be better than this.
    We are not expecting OP to be perfect, at least we expect them to release the hardware/software to be an acceptable standard. Oneplus 8 feel like a beta product. Hopefully Oneplus can/will iron out most of the issues or they will lose reaming loyal fans

8. AndiTheBassman , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    APK Mirror is not an option?

9. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    I can't see from what the device the apk came from. And since 8 Pro users suddenly got Shelf by using apk mirror I want to check an apk from a 8 Pro. There must be some apk depending changes triggering Shelf or Discover. I want to compare and see what part 😋

10. AndiTheBassman , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    I can do it (at least I will try to do it)

11. Swejuggalo

12. Manni28359
    Cupcake May 6, 2020

Manni28359 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 6, 2020 :
    Hi again,

I managed to apply a workaround from earlier posts in this thread.

When I put the SIM in Slot2 it works again.

Thanks for all your input.

Regards

13. Groohmsch , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , May 6, 2020 :
    Hey pal! Very glad to hear that! I hope it'll be solved in some update or so for both SIM slots. Sorry that I didn't keep answering, but I got some stuff to do. And tbh, I wouldn't know any more help :) but really good that it works at least.
    Bleib gesund!

14. gravyplaya
    Eclair May 7, 2020

gravyplaya , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 7, 2020 :
    you mean put in sim1 then put in sim2? instead of both at the same time?

15. Manni28359
    Cupcake May 7, 2020

Manni28359 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 7, 2020 :
    Good morning grayaplaya,

I've had my Sim card in slot one the whole time, but after updating from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 I was not able to get VoLTE and VoWifi working anymore.

I switched the SIM card in my OnePlus 8 Pro from SIM slot1 to SIM slot two then and it is working for me now.

Hope that clarifies your question.

Regards

gravyplaya likes this.
  16. Manni28359
    Cupcake May 7, 2020

Manni28359 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 7, 2020 :
    Danke, Du auch!