Oxygen OS Questions

1. GaryFig
    Eclair Aug 5, 2015

GaryFig , Aug 5, 2015 :
    Would it be safe to flash CM.11 on the OPT to replace Oxygen OS? Would it ruin any features of the phone and make it not usable? I am a big fan of the whole theme idea in CM and its sad to see that Oxygen OS doesn't give that feature.

2. husssain90
    Donut Aug 6, 2015

husssain90 , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Judging by Oneplus' support to let their users flash whatever rom they choose to their devices, i don't think there is any danger to the device per say, if you were to flash CM11 to it. If Cyanogen make a build compatible with the Oneplus Two, as long as it is a released build and not a highly/experimental, there shouldn't be much risk associated with flashing it on your device.

3. husssain90
    Donut Aug 6, 2015

husssain90 , Aug 6, 2015 :
    The most important thing is if Cyanogen get around to making a build for the Oneplus Two. If they do and they make it stable, you should be fine :)

GaryFig, Jagdish.narkar and zeetle like this.
  4. zeetle
    Froyo Aug 7, 2015

zeetle , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Unlocking and flashing roms to the +2 will not void warranty. Too lazy to link source.

Will it "ruin" any features?
    Yes, Unless the rom you are flashing supports the Fingerprint scanner and has the UI to set it up you cant use it. Same goes for the Notif Slider.

GaryFig likes this.
  5. Timo Salola
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

Timo Salola , Aug 7, 2015 :
    There won't be any cm11 builds for the OPT. It's already the time for 12.1.
    I would guess that fingerprint scanner support will be a part of many custom roms. And while oxygen os will not have cm themes support, it does offer layers support.

GaryFig likes this.
  6. CrazyMac9
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2015

7. Jagdish.narkar
    Donut Aug 7, 2015

Jagdish.narkar , Aug 7, 2015 :
    You can always flash any custom ROM, if you need to flash something why you would go in back, you can flash 12.1 (nightly). You might say they don't have stable release, but there nightly version doesn't have lots of bug.

I also like themes concept, I wish Oxygen OS manage to get themes just like CM :).

GaryFig likes this.
  8. GaryFig
    Eclair Aug 8, 2015

GaryFig , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Hey thanks for the reply! It would be awesome to see Oxygen OS implement themes in maybe an update or something! I know it would be possible for a Dev to take the theme engine from CM and combine it into Oxygen OS. And I don't think I'll be flashing CM 12 onto it if I do get it. I tried it out on my nexus 5 and it didn't work to well. CM 11 seems to be just as good but stable!

9. GaryFig
    Eclair Aug 8, 2015

GaryFig , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Thanks for the heads up!

10. GaryFig
    Eclair Aug 8, 2015

GaryFig , Aug 8, 2015 :
    Thanks for the reply!