Oxygen OS: What does everyone want to see from the ROM in the future?

1. Mobile Fan
    Froyo Aug 26, 2016

Mobile Fan , Aug 26, 2016 :
    Hello everyone

I bought One Plus 3 yesterday and its awesome phone. I'm loving it. But there are 3 small issues which I wanted to share with all. All these issues are still present in this new 3.5 firmware as well:

1. I have stored many Doctors phone numbers in my SIM as Dr. Ashok, Dr. Pradeep, etc. When I was using Samsung phone, it was showing them under "D" letter as the contact names start with letter "D" but OP3 is ignoring "Dr." word and showing "Dr. Ashok" under "A" letter, "Dr. Pradeep" under "P" letter and so on. Its very irritating. Is there any fix for it?

2. I didnt find any Speed Dial function in it. The speed dial given in Dialer main screen overwrites numbers. Also it forgets them upon reboot. So there is no proper speed dial similar to other phones.

3. I noticed that Dialer and Message icons on Home screen dont show count bubbles on them when there are missed calls or unread messages similar to Samsung phone. Is it true?

Otherwise its an awesome phone and awesome firmware.

Thank you.

2. Edward Campbell
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2016

Edward Campbell , Aug 27, 2016 :
    Call recorder is #1 priority (inclusive of Bluetooth phone calls)
    Everything else is just toppings

3. fridi
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2016

fridi , Sep 5, 2016 :
    Will want to see root as a built in featureand launcher gestures
    And multi language t9 dialer

4. Nithinthodupunoo
    Froyo Sep 5, 2016

Nithinthodupunoo , Sep 5, 2016 :
    240fps recording with audio

5. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2016

vintagetech , Sep 6, 2016 :
    I would like to see CM Theme Engine added to the Oxygen OS ROM. To be honest, every android phone I have had for the past 4 years I have used Nova Launcher Prime. I have used both "layers" theme engine and CM theme engine. I prefer the CM theme engine because - in my opinion - CM theme engine has more options to appeal to a large customer base with different interests. I also believe that the CM theme engine options are better quality than the layers theme engine. Having used both, I think that the CM theme engine has a more polished end user look (of course this depends on theme one chooses too).

Please consider adding CM theme engine to the new Oxygen OS! There are some very cool and polished dark themes available for CM theme engine. I am using one dark theme on CM theme engine with my Oneplus One running Candysix ROM that has removed almost 99.99% of the white in android. In case you haven't noticed, I like dark themes. I want dark google now, google play, google play music, etc. give me dark. Having said that, that is my opinion and I am sure that I am not representative of all Oneplus 3 (and other Oneplus device) users. As I said before, CM theme engine - in my opinion - gives the most quantity and quality options to please a diverse user base. Thank you for taking my opinions into consideration.

6. AcmE85
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2016

AcmE85 , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Working push notifications/doze, as intended and developed by Google would be a welcome addition. :)
    If all other custom-rom devs are able to achieve that without getting paid, it should be even easier for OnePlus who are getting paid by us.
    Never Settle!

7. shubhamb08
    Froyo Sep 6, 2016

shubhamb08 , Sep 6, 2016 :
    1. Video Calling support. Most phones have it in dialer, why not oneplus 3?
    2. Call recording option.

8. tedulus
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2016

tedulus , Sep 7, 2016 :
    I want my op3 to recognise phone numbers even they r saved with or without country code, this is a huge bug, if i am traveling, (and i do it quite often) tland aomebody calls me on my home number then my phone doesnt recognise the number because it has international prefix, if i save the number aith international prefix and i am in my home country then it doesnt recognize the number because caller id comes without calling code prefix, how can a flaw like this exist ?

9. Wkholic
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2016

Wkholic , Sep 8, 2016 :
    add custom key for hold recent key >> open menu in apps (like sams*ng and some other)
    resize the screen when we not use search bar (the gap between top icon and notif bar is to big)
    good calendar widget
    call block, add loudspeaker button in notif when incall
    and light timeout setting for both key.

10. John_Squared
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2016

John_Squared , Sep 13, 2016 :
    Root will never be built in.. :D

11. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2016

vintagetech , Sep 18, 2016 :
    I have used Nova Launcher (the paid version) for years...I always remove the Google search bar on my home screen. I believe the free version of Nova Launcher allows you to remove the Google search bar and have space for widgets/icons.

12. Sami24
    Eclair Sep 18, 2016

Sami24 , Sep 18, 2016 :
    Fixing the battery drain problem my battery is literally dying in 8hours

Attached Files:

13. GiovanniArpino
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2016

14. mrypuri
    Froyo Sep 19, 2016

mrypuri , Sep 19, 2016 :
    I want to see DPI changer, and automatic unlock after pressing unlock code on lockscreen

Voigon likes this.
  15. jayasurya29
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2016

jayasurya29 , Sep 20, 2016 :
    any chance of auto focus in oneplus 3 ..by update

16. Voigon
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2016

Voigon , Sep 20, 2016 :
    I would like to see in future updates the option to add less then 9 quick settings tiles.

17. Tijmen M
    Donut Sep 20, 2016

Tijmen M , Sep 20, 2016 :
    Personally I would love to see some more customization options. At the very least some more accent colours to choose from.

18. gamparohit
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2016

gamparohit , Sep 20, 2016 :
    Balanced and performance mode for better battery life.

Scheduled power on and off.

Reducing the screen quality for better battery life.(like a toggle to move to 720p etc).

19. Nithinthodupunoo
    Froyo Sep 21, 2016

20. miku82
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2016

miku82 , Sep 25, 2016 :
    lockscreen editing that i can remove camera and voice help from the lockscreen