Oxygen vs CM OS

?

Which of the two ROMs will you side with?

1. Oxygen OS

2. Cm12s

3. Neither/Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dvoraak
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

Dvoraak , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Both OS fall short but for different reasons.... much of it actually due to Google's Lollipop, but with both Cyanogen's and OnePlus' hype machines in full effect, I expected better.

There's nothing I can see wrong with Oxygen except that it's so vanilla, it stands no chance of cementing OnePlus a place in the mobile market. Vanilla can be great but an OEM vanilla will NEVER EVER EVER outsell Nexus. Why wouldn't you go to the source for your vanilla experience.... and the source isn't selling that well either. If you can't beat Nexus' miserable sales numbers, and you don't have Google's bank account to fall back on..... well you see my point. Motorola has come closest to being a successful vanilla vendor, but they're not entirely vanilla and they're not entirely successful.

As for Cyanogen OS 12, well it's mostly vanilla but with some previously noteworthy features that got trashed by Lollipop.

Really not trying to just bash Cyanogen and Oxygen. In fairness, I haven't seen a version of Lollipop that I really did like. Either way, I'm done with my OPO. Back to my Note 4. I'll check out the next one and hopefully they'll have something in Oxygen that makes it stand out against the Nexus.

2. azp3
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2015

azp3 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    All Right.... Calm Down. Don't need crazy talk here. Why such hate that you have to use the i-word? CM people are better than Oxygen people..... blah, blah, blah. Can't we all just agree that we are all better than iphone people.

uansari1 and renegadomota like this.
  3. chad_tukes
    Eclair Apr 15, 2015

chad_tukes , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I agree. It totally defeats the purpose of having an Android device.

4. bingster
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

bingster , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Did not think i was going to say this, but as a long time CM user...... i really dislike CM12 for various reasons. I have gone Oxygen, and even though it needs some additions to it, it is so smooth and fast..... really enjoying the vanilla experience.

Dsheller85, cajunbatman and amosecr like this.
  5. scwei
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2015

amorales2 likes this.
  6. amosecr
    Donut Apr 15, 2015

amosecr , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Oxygen OS definitely, I really don't care about extra features but gaming and honestly something is not right with CM12S (same happens with any CM version), some games simple don't run smoothly.

mwm341, Takendown and cajunbatman like this.
  7. amosecr
    Donut Apr 15, 2015

amosecr , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Totally Agree with you.

mwm341 likes this.
  8. lovecostarica
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

lovecostarica , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Exactly. In my experience, it is the most fluid, quick and smooth ROM, to date for the 1+, from KK to various LP's out there.

It's like butter on meth.

Takendown and cajunbatman like this.
  9. dglenn1957
    Froyo Apr 15, 2015

dglenn1957 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Going back to Oxygen. It just feels smoother and slicker than CM12. Didn't see any compelling reason to stick with CM12. The lack of a data toggle was the straw that broke the camel's back.

amosecr, mwm341 and Takendown like this.
  10. alexrua
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

alexrua , Apr 15, 2015 :
    haha true that :D it's going to be an argument for the ages! again like you said in "different thread on a completely different forum"

have a good one man

Takendown likes this.
  11. Azezo89
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

Azezo89 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    How did you solve the Google Play issue?

12. a.void
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

a.void , Apr 15, 2015 :
    CM12S is a buggy PoS. Phone rebooting and locking up ...
    Oxygen has battery issues, but otherwise stable. Oxygen it is...
    Considering the state of Cyanogen and OPO, I doubt we'll ever see regular/ reliable support for CM going forward.

amosecr, sammsx and Dsheller85 like this.
  13. Raphael Castle

14. azp3
    Jelly Bean Apr 15, 2015

azp3 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    It is. I had it. Used the script fix. That seemed to do the trick.

15. Cobrin

Cobrin , Apr 15, 2015 :
    how so?

I can do what i have done on CM11s/CM12 on Oxygen. The bloat on CM12 is ridiculous. You soon appreciate Oxygen's slimmer workings and how it allows you to choose what apps you want to fill the gaps.

I figure that only those whom have experience with Oxygen will pick up on this. Still there's a long way to go to thoroughly test CM12

Oxygen so far is in the lead IMO.

amosecr, Deactivated User and mwm341 like this.
  16. gmorey88
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2015

gmorey88 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    CM12s seems to consume more battery as compared to Oxygen OS. I feel Oxygen OS is best for OPO.

mwm341 likes this.
  17. reddybandi
    Eclair Apr 15, 2015

reddybandi , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Clearing google play services data solved the issue for me.

18. rapcanin
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2015

rapcanin , Apr 15, 2015 :
    I did not know nothing about c12, I just googled for update to see if oxygsn has any update and I found that there is a totally new os ...
    For about a week I use oxygen and it has been more then just good... No errors like I had with every one version of cyanogen... I had such screen issues. Locking screen issues, WiFi not opening issues, and every other well known issues...
    But still we can tell that we had a very good update support, even on my galaxy s5 I am still having 4.4.2 or so, and battery on s5 is just awful...
    But on oxygen for just a week still did not have any problem and I think that battery works much better then on c11...
    But still I have that hunger for trying the new so I think I will check c12 and let see what does it offer and if it is issue free just for once

19. roshan.india

20. Azezo89
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2015

Azezo89 , Apr 15, 2015 :
    Thanks