OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. javi95ing
    Eclair Jun 16, 2020

javi95ing , Jun 16, 2020 :
    it should be optional, it's really annoying, but anyway, hope it gets faster (phone overall) with this update

2. TrimBat
    Froyo Jun 16, 2020

TrimBat , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Just got the update, but I see we are still on 10.0.0. I don't want to suffer any bug, so I will not update yet; actually I think I'll wait until 10.0.1 or something is released.

ruijmeira likes this.
  3. Ahmed Rahim
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

Ahmed Rahim , Jun 16, 2020 :
    shit? i've just seen your comment.I've tried itbut now my net is zero .All my documents have been deleted

4. Ahmed Rahim
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

My net doesn't work when i try to download it.Everything from my phone has been deleted,my songs,photos,videos,documents.

5. nishu3210
    Froyo Jun 16, 2020

nishu3210 , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Bug:
    - Lift up display not working. Just installed the beta today. Tried disabling and enabling again.

Things fixed:
    - Finally Google app is working. Thanks for that.

Not sure if a bug:
    - Quick settings in notification shade doesn't have true black colour, although the notification panel does have true black. I think both should be consistent.

Qwert Luiop and Simão99 like this.
  6. Peterxxx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 16, 2020

Peterxxx , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I install the update today and I have Call recorder.
    Battery seems okay
    And no heating so far
    Fingerprint is ok

7. Ahmed Rahim
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

oneplus plz listen to me and help me.My life has turned upside down in a few hours .First my chrome kept carshimg and then my google play store couldn't download anything.Then i saw that all my photos,videos,music and documents had been deleted .Someone told me to download the google play system update but that's not downloading too.My phone is slow and useless now and all my memories are gone.What the hell have you done.Plz fix this

8. mrmitsingh
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

mrmitsingh , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I am using OnePlus 5t and after upgrade I am observing one issue, while shifting internet data to ther SIM it is not working. every time I have to restart my phone. then only it works. plz fix this issue.

9. konovus
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

konovus , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    I just got the update and from the first minute I can say that new gestures are awful. Bring the old gestures back or at least the option to swap.
    And the gap between the keyboard and bottom of the screen, it doesn't look nice , there's no point in it.

10. Thorigrim
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

cubanorafter likes this.
  11. cubanorafter
    Froyo Jun 16, 2020

cubanorafter , Jun 16, 2020 :
    Finally got the OTA update 10.0 today for my OP5 here in the USA. I went from stable 9.11 to 10 (build 200601)
    I did NOT clear cache after the update. Wanted to see if everything worked as is.

So far no issues. I updated everything from the play store, including an updated OnePlus launcher.
    So far battery life has been fine. I'll give it a full charge soon, and report back if needed.
    I do not use call recording, so can't really comment on that. Camera is working fine (not crashing for me).
    All my messaging apps are working fine with notifications (telegram, whatsapp, messages)

I assume video stabilization is still being worked on, so hopefully that will get updated at some point.

So to sum up, happy with the update! I have never rooted the phone nor installed a beta version, everything has been OTA with the occasional VPN to get an update early. Not sure if any of this mattered, but I have had very few issues since the original Nougat build.

12. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Jun 16, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 16, 2020 :
    A wise advice! Always, i gonna repeat, always perform a backup of important data from Smartphone!

13. ruijmeira
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2020

ruijmeira , Jun 17, 2020 :
    have you tried restarting your router? that happened to me once and the only thing that did it was restarting my router

14. G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2020

G_Mario_Fitzpatrick_XUNZ , Jun 17, 2020 :
    *Here's my little REVIEW for all you guys asking questions*

*Performance*
    I've had the update for about 6hrs now. Everything seems to be working fine. The phone still feels pretty fast and does everything smoothly. The gestures overall seem smoother.
    There's occasional shutters with the gestures thoughbut it only happens after I change the customisation settings and then try to go to the home screen.

*Battery*
    I charged the bartery to full when I updated the phone earlier today. Right now it's saying 5 hours and 48 minutes of Screen on Time with 34% battery life left. Approaching my usual 7+ hours so seems normal to me. (After a system update I always that the phone charge to 100% and I leave it for a bit... besides that, I rarely let the phone completely die or charge pass 80%.)

*Ram*
    The ram use seems to have remained the same with about 4.5 gbs in use out of 8gbs. Seems normal to me. I have a lot of stuff on my 128gb phone. 126 apps to be exact.

* Annoyances Fixed from Previous Updates*
    Speed dial now dials the correct number when you tap the person's picture instead of calling random 4 digit numbers.

*Annoyances Not fixed from Previous Updates*
    Sometimes when you're typing and want to edit text, the little menus with (cut, paste, select) pops up right over what you're trying to edit thereby blocking you from seeing what your doing. It's not a huge deal as it doesn't happen to regular. Wish it wasn't there as it annoys me but I can live with it.(mainly happens in YouTube and Discus)

*Heat*
    My phone's seems to run a slightly warmer than I'm used to even though im inside all day with brightness is below half and I also haven't been playing any games lately(Months). It's not hot thought but I can still it feel that it's slightly warm. I 've been using the phone pretty much since I updated it so maybe that's why so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

*New annoyance* -Back Gesture (From my experience)
    The only thing I straight up don't like is the new back gesture. My phone case has a raised TPU lip to protect the screen. This lip makes it difficult to perform the back gesture the way it's designed to be used. It's frustrating to be honest. I'm actually tempted to go back to the Nav bar which I haven't used since 2018.

*New annoyance* - Google assistant Gesture. (From my experience)
    I must have triggered that new gesture about 30 times by now. I'm accustom to swiping up from the corner to go back so I need to break the habit since goggle lives in the corners now. I don't want to turn it off because it may grow to be useful.

* Bug I noticed*
    If you have Night mode on and then turn screen off and leave it for a bit ..when you turn then screen back on the screen comes on bright as hell. It's like the phone forgets. Instant headache.

*Conclusion*
    I hope answered everything y'all would want to know. I don't plays games so I don't know how PUBG runs so don't ask. I have never had the Phone call recording feature on my US purchases phone so I can't speak on it. Lift up display workes fine. Camera is still pretty good outside during the day and just "ok" at night. Selfie camera hasn't changed. Overall good update. If I didn't mention a particular issue you're having that means I haven't encountered it.

I have *NEVER*:
    Used VPN to update the phone
    Tried to update any of the system apps with apks from websites
    Rooted the phone
    Been a BETA tester
    Downloaded weird files from weird sites
    Cleared cache lately (I did it once back 2018)
    Downloaded Camera Apks

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020

samikojo, PokiX, Thorigrim and 2 others like this.
  15. saiSumanth1+
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2020

saiSumanth1+ , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 17, 2020 :
    I had sended mail also but no reply,and suddenly i had checked yesterday
    on my device for system update,then i got an update of 71MB ,.
    1592358157570.jpg

16. F_Spandy_Mahajan_pgro
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2020

17. saiSumanth1+
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2020

In android 9 my max ram usage id 3.0gb or like 3.5gb ,iam a hard core gamer i had 6games like pubg,call of duty,calsh of clans, asphalt etc...,but in Android 10 i had only 2 games like pubg and call of duty ,and my ram was 5gb is used ,the team need to concentrate on ram management

18. Seemai
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2020

Seemai , Jun 17, 2020 :
    Yes several times and the router connects with all my other devices except the phone

it used to connect before on the old version

Just help me with going back to old version...I am happy with that

19. saiSumanth1+
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2020

No iam in android 10 open beta 3 ,,u are in a android 9 bets version. 1.download the 9.011stable update from one plus website. 2.flash on your device uisng recovery mode NOTE (U WILL LOOSE UR DATA ),3.THEN u are in a stable version of android 9 ,and u wilp get an update of 1.5GB android 10 stable version. ,. https://www.oneplus.in/support/softwareupgrade/details..follow the links or follow the screenshot ......
    1592358734385.jpg

1592358734424.jpg

1592358734463.jpg

1592358734495.jpg

1592358822609.jpg

1592358822645.jpg

1592358757465.jpg

Attached Files:

20. F_Spandy_Mahajan_pgro
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2020

F_Spandy_Mahajan_pgro , Jun 17, 2020 :
    thanks alot man [e]2764[/e] i dont need to do any factory reset right?

saiSumanth1+ likes this.