OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

Beast✓ , Jul 19, 2020 :
    According to me one of the reason why oneplus again pushed the same update is that as the phone is over 3 years now, and oneplus is not able to generate new revenues, so it is keeping the same buggy update so that people get fed up with this device thinking that it's quiet old now and guess what oneplus created these bugs on perfect time when Nord is just 2 days away from launch...

So basically oneplus want 5 and 5T user to intentionally face these sort of issue and make the device unusable so that they these user make a decision to upgrade to new device and even go for mid range device like Nord...

I don't think oneplus gonna release any new update to oneplus 5 or 5T before Nord launch. They are rolling for other devices like 7 and 8 and even 6 also, but not for 5.

@Carl This is not the way to force the user to upgrade their device but providing buggy update in the stable version. How can you give buggy update twice to same device. Is your developer team sleeping? I know they are working in covid situation but if that is the case then you shouldn't have rolled out the update in the first place.

2. 7359949392
    Donut Jul 19, 2020

3. sergioin
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

sergioin , Jul 19, 2020 :
    my phone with upgrade lost a lot of function and I have a lot of bugs on this version. I don't have sound dedicated on my contacts, the pictures from social don't saved on the memory local. is impossible to perform basic as load pictures on social.

4. bussi1805
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

bussi1805 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 19, 2020 :
    You didn't address your question to anyone specific. Who did you expect to answer? OP support staff? They are not in this forum, only users here.

5. L1568476831981
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

6. Renil Singh
    Eclair Jul 19, 2020

7. D_24
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

D_24 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Although, I didn't make a factory reset, but yes it looks like updating via recovery & then clearing cache will save from some of the troubles, instead of installing the usual way via system updater. Like for eg. I have no issues with the call recorder & battery life is pretty good. Although, I face some unusual UI stutter sometimes, rebooting solves that too.

8. 0nCe
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

0nCe , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Hello, on July 16, an update for Android 10 arrived, and I noticed such errors as: too large a gap between the edge of the screen and the bottom edge of the keyboard with full-screen gestures without a line and what is very annoying, after locking, the fingerprint scanner does not work for about half a second, and unlocking occurs with a crooked animation (first, the lock screen is shown for a moment, and only then the phone will unlock)

Attached Files:

9. Vlad Alexandru Pop
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

Vlad Alexandru Pop , Jul 19, 2020 :
    I don't know what went wrong and why release A10 if it is not stable, since i made the update the phone keeps crashing, working slow, some of the features disappeared, i totaly regret doing the update. And i have seen many one plus users complaining abou many issues since they've updated to Android 10

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020

10. Atomic
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 19, 2020 :
    I didn't ask for a specific date for the next update, my question was about a time frame "when can we expect". So your answer to my question "which you claim will always be the answer" is wrong. Just found on the forum a response by "Oneplus" mentioning that next update time frame for 5T will be Mid July. Not only are you wrong but you are also cocky. Please don't play smart, you just proved otherwise

I wonder why a random person acts like a big shot trying to answer people's questions. You don't know anything so stop acting like you do. Again, if no one asks you, then no one is looking for an answer from you. If you have something good to say then say it. If you don't have anything good to say then don't feel the pressure of replying to people's questions in a sarcastic way to feel good about yourself.

Have a nice day smart guy.

zerosixteen and Beast✓ like this.
  11. Atomic
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

My Question was posted on this thread. If the creator of the thread didn't answer it I am not waiting for a random kid to reply.

Not sure if you know how social media works. If you reply to a tweet, or a facebook post, you do so cause you want the creator of the tweet/post see it. Easy.

Don't know why everyone is acting smart these days.

Also I was replying to the random kid, why are you intervening. Did he hire you as a lawyer?

12. bussi1805
    Froyo Jul 19, 2020

bussi1805 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Well, you're right. But this is an announcement thread which in the meantime has 300+ pages and over 6000 comments with hundreds of questions and complaints exactly like yours. Guess how many times the "creator" gave an answer. I fully agree that this update is far from stable and OP could have made at least an announcement but they didn't. They just pulled the update and you hear from some that directly contacted support that a new update is on the way. That's all we know and I'm pissed about that just as you but asking the same questions over and over again won't change or speed it up. We're not top priority anymore.

13. Shidharth Jayakannan
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

14. Deactivated User
    Jul 19, 2020

15. Atomic
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

I came to the thread to sound my concern. Even if the creator didn't reply to me directly its enough that I post it. The more this is posted the more they realize it's serious. If this thread grows longer it will make them act faster.

I realize we are not top priority. But they promised and they have to stick to their promise. Even if it takes some time. Atleast they should give us a stable final version that we can use daily for the next year or so. Staying on 9.0.11 was far better than upgrading.

Anyways I read on the forum that the time frame is mid July. So let's hope for the best.

HaroldNL and bussi1805 like this.
  16. Deactivated User
    Jul 19, 2020

17. Atomic
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

18. gauravmalik007
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2020

19. Mihika Roy
    Cupcake Jul 19, 2020

Mihika Roy , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 19, 2020 :
    Hi, I am facing an issue where when the call comes the display is delayed due to which I am unable to pick the calls. I know a call is incoming because the phone vibrates however, I can't see the incoming call's display.. after keeping the phone also, ongoing call's display is shown... So there's a delayed response for that as well..
    If someone can help me with this.

Prts likes this.

20. naveen.chand and jontalk like this.