OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

PokiX , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Oh that was beta version of 9 as someone said?
    Then as poster said first back to 9 and then upgrade to 10.
    You really should backup your data and perform a clean install otherwise there's a big chance old files will stay and you'll have major problems.
    Normally with Google Sync your apps, most settings and photos should be already backuped.
    It's always been like this coming from beta that you need to wipe, it's written on the first post of the beta thread.

2. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

PokiX , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I went from A9 to A10 beta to A10 without a single wipe.

Atomic likes this.
  3. 27itachi
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

4. Shadink
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Shadink , Aug 5, 2020 :
    The company that's pushing the update is doing the hard work behind the scenes. No need to do clean install after major OTA.
    Nowadays the devices (phone/laptop/whatever) do the work for us, not the other way round.

5. Rohan_S_P
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2020

6. KieYongH
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

KieYongH , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hi guys, I update to A10 yesterday and most things are working normal,but the gps signal is very weak, I am still observing.

7. pawankumar110017 , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hello! Community Members

I want to bring some points to all who doesn't have this information. Its been a 2 months since stable roll out of Android 10 for OnePlus 5T & 5. And still it is not considered as a stable version by service center and oneplus itself. I got to know this point from OnePlus Service Center located at New Delhi.

To confirm this anyone can visit manual software download website of oneplus and you will surely fail out to download latest stable version from official website.

I really want to ask OnePlus is this how much time you take to make update stable officially for users.

I encountered my phone downgraded by OnePlus service center by stating it is not stable version and I am having minor issues because of that.

I kindly request OnePlus for timely response and reverting to all the member's questions raised om this platform.

Hoping soon to get official fully stable version for those users who didn't get the update till now and for those too who having minor issues on phone on daily basis.

Regards

Zluk likes this.
  8. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Aug 5, 2020 :
    There's no need to, but updates never go as well as clean installs. Artifacts are often left that conflict with the operating of the new OS.

For instance.. you could install an application and it doesn't perform well after an OTA update. Its happened to everyone.

Some files are either missed/left behind/locked and therefore not removed or updated. Not detrimental to the system running, but still causes performance issues.

Why do you think one of the steps support will ask you to do is to "perform a factory reset"? Some application or driver could be causing issues.

Why do you think Microsoft allows system administrators to block certain updates?? Because it may conflict with certain things on your computer.

Anyway, full clean installs always perform better than an OTA update. That's simple fact. Its a pain to bring everything back to the way you want it, no question. But if you're experiencing issues after an update then a clean install is what you have to do before calling an update a failure.

Deactivated User likes this.
  9. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

10. BLCKF28
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

BLCKF28 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Thanks for the help, I guess I will just need to invest the time into doing this as some point, or maybe just upgrade to a newer phone.

11. freaky52angel
    Donut Aug 5, 2020

freaky52angel , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Ever since i bought this phone i was very annoyed by that, all other phones got this solved like my previous phone a Huawei mate 9 that changes the color based on the app or mostly black
    So I've been using an app called navbar to make it black and forgot about it.

12. Paras Beriwal
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

Paras Beriwal , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    After the Android 10 update my UI has gotten pretty unstable and it crashes alot. Chrome is also facing crash and hang issues.
    During call if I cannot switch between Loudspeaker to Earpiece or vice versa.
    Very bad experience since the Android 10 update on my 5T.

13. hrajpal96
    Froyo Aug 5, 2020

hrajpal96 , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Is there an ota coming up or are they just going to share more and more user experience threads and pics from the HQ every week. Just curious.

Deactivated User and Ajinx_Kale like this.
  14. sanchit.2001
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

sanchit.2001 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    i didn't get any update
    oneplus please send update to my phone
    my device is oneplus 5t
    i am running oxygenOS 9 and Android 9
    please help
    i want latest updates in my mobile
    help!!

Purvi_1220 likes this.
  15. panku_s
    Donut Aug 5, 2020

16. FusionBomb3r
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

FusionBomb3r , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I had a chat today with the OP Support team. They asked me to visit the service center for a stable OS (supposedly Android 10).
    But as you've stated and a few others have too have stated, the service center is giving out Android 9 as a stable OS.

17. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Bodygard , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Because although you can find the file in other places, officially there's no Android 10 for the Oneplus 5. They came out with a release, it was buggy, then came with an hotfix sometime later and it was buggy too so they decided to stop there and work a little bit more.

Let's see...

FusionBomb3r likes this.
  18. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    That's because OxygenOS 9 it's the only official stable rom for our devices!
    This one was a mistake.
    OnePlus released, than removed from servers, than released it again, now it seems they removed it again, and the mid-July it's turned to be mid-august.
    In tree months OnePlus will cease the official support to our devices and we continue walking in this joke.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020

19. Dr. Robert
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2020

Dr. Robert , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Agreed! They clearly no longer have any interest in supporting the 5 & 5T. I get that. The devices are 3 years old. But One Plus went against their word because they promised us 3 years of support, including Android 10. Sure, they gave us Android 10, but it was so buggy that they had to remove all traces of it from their release library and have never made any attempts to communicate their next steps. The only options we have are to live with very buggy software or go back to Pie----neither a simple nor painless task.

One thing for certain: My next phone WILL NOT be a One Plus!

(Rant off)

20. Y1596674888375
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020