OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Correction, this is an OFFICIAL community forum, not some general forum from unknown sources, and you're wrong when you say OnePlus didn't listening to us.

I've the proof, because some of my complains in this thread have been answered particularly by mail with instructions to reply with some logs and full description of problem, so, they are aware of the dissatisfaction of the users, and OnePlus want, or at least acts like they want to solve all our problems.

Dissatisfaction leads to loss of customers, and that is not good for any company.

This is one example/proof that OnePlus keeps they eyes on every official tread from this official forum.

This is a copy of an email I received from an called "Bug Hunter team" and as you can see, OnePlus knows and are aware of our complains.

"Hi paulomodesto,

This is Bobby from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

We are very concerned about the issue you mentioned on post:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...4-for-oneplus-5t.991309/page-78#post-19982942

In order to resolve the issue reported,we would require LOG information from your device for analysis ,these logs may contain your personal information.
    we collect and process LOGs containing personal information in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
    This log data will not be used for anything other then debugging , if you have any further questions feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist

1. Please provide detailed description/ phenomenon and the reproducing process about issue.
    2. Can you kindly reproduce the issue and help to collect some logs so that we can look into it?

Log process:
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", tap" delete history log"
    2. Tap "advanced", choose "save log type" > enable all options then click OK
    3. Tap “move log path to built-in SD card” and then click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click “cancel”
    4. Settings> system> developer options> system tracing> Turn "show quick settings tile" and "record trace" on. (If you don’t enable developer options, please enter settings> about phone> click "build number" five times to enable it.)
    5. Reproduce the issue and take a screenshot after issue occur. (The purpose of taking screenshot is to record the time so that we can address the bug in log.)
    6. Pull down the notification bar and turn record trace off. Go back to system tracking page and turn "show quick settings tile" off.
    7. Enter "oneplus logkit", tap "save log" and click “move log path to built-in SD card” again to stop it.
    8. Enter file manager, choose storage, find the oem_log file, zip it and send it to: Bobby <v-bobby.deng@oneplus.com> along with the screenshots. You can transfer the logs to google and share us a link.
    Note:
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

It will be greatly appreciated if you can mark your user name of forum or paste the conversation link on email for easier issue tracking.

High regards
    OnePlus Bug Hunters"

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020

aero2, marfz, thiagomz and 4 others like this.
  2. Genxx.flagged
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Genxx.flagged , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Apart from faster battery drainage, CALL RECORDING OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE since last update and haven't received any new update to fix the bug yet. PLEASE SUPPORT.

3. M1595347732913
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

4. R1512499426137
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

R1512499426137 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    couple of bugs that needs to be resolved.

1. Touch response is slow
    2. 5gh wifi not detecting sometimes
    3. Call recording audio drags when I play it
    4. Battery drains quickly
    5. Fingerprint not working sometimes,have to press power button.

Since Android 10 is final update for one plus 5 series (for now),give us one last update with no bugs.

5. Vj88
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Vj88 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Let me start by apologizing to Oneplus in advance.

If you are still on Android 9, consider yourself lucky. "NEVER" upgrade your 5T to 10, you'll regret after the first boot.

They made Oneplus 5t useless with Android 10 update.. forcing users to upgrade to their new models..

And guess what, there are no more updates (let me know if there's something I don't know) for 5T after the 10, it was a great plan.

Initially device had heating issues, charging goes low way too fast, then it started lags like very bad long lags for everything I touch on any app, it'll take a minute to do that particular task opening links, apps, pictures, videos, files.. etc. Tried reset, clearing cache nothing works..

Then understood that we have to upgrade, Just what they wanted us to do.
    Well, listen up oneplus you have a community and fans thats great but this is not the way to end an old product which was base to all the next models.

Rediculous!

I was a fan of Oneplus, but very disappointed with the last step they took with 5T.
    Moving onto Pixel 5/ Apple 12 after they're out soon. (Till then I'll be using my old guy iPhone 7).

Peace out Oneplus, btw the Nord is a cheap method to make money by adding useless 3 extra cameras which doesn't help in anyway.

Pixel does a LOT better with one camera on its back.
    There's something you people need to understand from this!
    "Quality", it was on your cards a year ago. Not anymore. 🥊

Hence proved, eventually it comes down to making money by hook or crook, well done Oneplus.

You guys are just like any other smartphone companies out there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020

grulong, Shadink, Beast✓ and 9 others like this.
  6. FusionBomber
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

FusionBomber , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Some guys were posting about the June update showing up on the Oxygen Updater.
    Can anyone confirm?
    I am using a custom ROM, can't check on my device.

rasulkhan7 likes this.

7. rasulkhan7 and Kaushik@9 like this.
  8. Vj88
    Froyo Aug 12, 2020

Vj88 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    nothing!
    I don't think 5T is going to get anymore updates. Its left out to become extant.

rasulkhan7 and FusionBomber like this.
  9. Rohan_S_P
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2020

Rohan_S_P , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    No it's still April.

10. munaxxar
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

munaxxar , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hello There !! why I didn't got the update of Android 10 !! still in Android 9 !!

aero2 and rasulkhan7 like this.
  11. R1512650647238
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

R1512650647238 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I am facing issue in adding conference and while recording the call voice is not clear. before the software update I didn't face any issue.
    do I need to change any settings for adding conference and better recording clarity

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  12. A1513013456027
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

A1513013456027 , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I am getting trouble in call recording after 10 update the recoding is like robotic pattern
    Please addres this issue , if you required I will send you the recordings

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  13. Omar5T
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Omar5T , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Backup n factory reset

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  14. Omar5T
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Omar5T , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Send ur feedback to OP team, who don't read ur comments here in this page

rasulkhan7 likes this.