OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. An_suman
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

An_suman , Sep 1, 2020 :
    9 stable

2. jontalk
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2020

jontalk , Sep 1, 2020 :
    I suggest everyone go to the support page and email them asking when a STABLE version will be released. The more messages they get, the more likely it will get done!

3. ash_insiider
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2020

ash_insiider , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Try corona, manufacturing country is same.

4. An_suman
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

An_suman , Sep 1, 2020 :
    any solution?

5. BeardyBiceps
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2020

6. An_suman
    Donut Sep 1, 2020

7. Auzzya
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

8. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 1, 2020 :
    If OnePlus not yet pushed the update it's because Oneplus on the latest 3 months were not really active working on it.

I guess OnePlus don't have legs to ride the bike they proposed to ride.

There's to much devices to keep updated and to accomplish with they own schedule, and OnePlus just don't have resources to do it, and they not assume that.

No one want an update that will not fix almost anything or even will create new problems, and no one will stand another 2 or 3 months waiting for a new update with corrections.

Why do you think OnePlus ended the Open Beta with only 3 releases and launched an buggy stable release when everyone knew it was not ready to be launched as stable?
    They wanted more time to work on it because they have to move resources to priority latest devices, so with stable OnePlus would win 2 months until next schedule update, but as we can see something didn't work as they intended.

Oneplus have a big problem in hands, in a couple of months will release the T versions of the 8 series, it will also launch more NORD devices "at least 2" and OnePlus software team will have to handle with them all at same time...

...the rope will broke in the weak spot, and at the moment OnePlus 5/5T devices are the weak spot, more devices will have same faith in the next months if OnePlus don't manage to fix they weakness.

Oneplus company grew up too fast, and now it is no longer able to respond to the demand from it created.

9. jontalk
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2020

jontalk , Sep 1, 2020 :
    I appreciate your thoughts but again, it makes FAR more sense to send OP an email from the support page rather than posting here. Similarly those with problems are better off using the Bug reporting tool from the Feedback section of the Community app. "Good things come to those who wait". Patience is a virtue.

10. Chirostavros
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2020

Chirostavros , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Maybe we should realise that we carry an almost 3 year old device, which passed through 3 Android versions.
    Android 10 is absolutely welcome but we should keep in mind that OP has many new devices to keep working on.
    So just be patient, maybe the update arrive in 2020.

robolots and jontalk like this.
  11. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Claiming here or on other place will be the same, as the problem is not OnePlus don't caring about us, but OnePlus can't handle so much devices!

marfz likes this.
  12. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 1, 2020

paulomodesto , Sep 1, 2020 :
    Oneplus should have kept live the Open Beta, releasing small updates to correct the problems leaving the mass users to test the rom until it was really stable.
    Should have communicated to the community the difficulty in launching the OxygenOS 10 Stable in the schedule time would have avoided the current situation!

13. freaky52angel
    Donut Sep 2, 2020

freaky52angel , Sep 2, 2020 :
    After all this disappointment with oneplus today i order a Samsung phone with SD processor...
    I will probably never update this 5T because they'll never actually "improve it" and i shouldn't expect much from a company that stopped listening to their customers.

gopalan_md19 likes this.
  14. D1599004650605
    Cupcake Sep 2, 2020

15. bpaterson
    Eclair Sep 2, 2020

bpaterson , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Exactly what has happened or they are too cheap to live up to what they promised. Well Google and Samsung just stepped the game up another notch support wise so either OnePlus better hire some good engineers or stop trying to be everyone's phone, tv and watch and pick one and be good at it.
    Look what happened to BlackBerry when they promised bb10 on the Playbook and couldn't deliver. Loyal fans left in droves. OnePlus will face the same fate, bad update, no security patches. If this happens to 6/6T owners good luck to OnePlus.
    If Google wasn't putting a 765 in the Pixel 5 it wouldn't even be a question for me if it was a Pixel 5 or 8T.

Smeet_Panchal and FusionBomber like this.
  16. joncharmed93
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2020

joncharmed93 , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Hard to believe I've had this phone for 3 years. Only issue is lint in charging port that I can't clean out and making it hard to charge sometimes. I want to upgrade and may get Pixel or Samsung. I'm not sure about OnePlus. Especially all the craziness going on in the US.

gopalan_md19 and Siva Teja Reddy like this.
  17. shole
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2020

Bodygard likes this.
  18. Siva Teja Reddy
    Froyo Sep 2, 2020

Siva Teja Reddy , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 2, 2020 :
    May be I won't use China phone again. Dude we can't expect more from a made in China brand.

19. FusionBomber
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2020

FusionBomber , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 2, 2020 :
    You are way too optimistic.

20. FusionBomber
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2020

FusionBomber , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Same. After these phones age, the port needs to be cleaned out every 3-4 months.