OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. jontalk
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2020

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 3, 2020 :
    Last time I checked this is early September :)

2. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2020

paulomodesto , Sep 3, 2020 :
    Sorry for my not so good English!
    But I can write it without grammar errors in my language, but I guess no one will understand it!

No Natal os dispositivos Oneplus 5/5T já terão finalizado o seu suporte, não acredito que a OnePlus vá prolongar o suporte para além dos 3 anos, por isso eles terão que lançar o último update até ao fim de Novembro.
    E como podemos verificar eles não têm pressa!

Itsme11 likes this.
  3. jontalk
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2020

jontalk , Sep 3, 2020 :
    No need for an apology. Patience is needed when dealing with technology. What we all seek is right around the corner.

4. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 4, 2020 :
    3 months of patience is asking to much from OnePlus 5/5T users when it shouldn't last more than 2 months from update to update, especially when we are obliged handling with a buggy release for so long.
    My battery is dying quickly day by day with the charge heating and the faster discharging on use compared with OxygenOS 9, this behavior in an almost 3 years device is not a good thing.

And we have to deal with the "No ETAs" this means we can even have to wait for a couple of days, or week's more with no official statement for the not accomplish of the company official schedule updates.

We all know our devices are in the red line to the end of support, but that's no reason to treat this devices the way OnePlus is doing.

One thing is true, the time OnePlus is taking to deliver this update to us, it's better they give us an really good Release.

Hope OnePlus will include in next update at least August Google's Security Patch, is the minimum they could do.

Hardtop likes this.
  5. Bishant0098 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 4, 2020 :
    They won't. It will be of July,max, that too if we're fortunate enough.

paulomodesto likes this.
  6. Hardtop
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2020

Hardtop , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 4, 2020 :
    I start to have a doubt there will be any update to fix the many issues our OnePlus 5/5T have... disappointed with the long time took to find a solution

7. ninja123456
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2020

ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Sep 4, 2020 :
    3 months left in the support cycle of oneplus 5/5t later these devices will be considered as redundant by oneplus. There won't be any updates after November. Still Android 10 fück up fixes has to come, dc dimming and ram boost features has to come and do the end one security patch and stability improvements with a good bye message has to come. Can they do it all in 3 months?

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  8. Vaibhav Raman
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2020

Vaibhav Raman , Sep 4, 2020 :
    I have OnePlus 5. After upgrading to oxygenOS 10.0.0,
    1. It's taking longer time to connect to a saved wifi connection( at times 20 seconds).
    2. Wifi speed is slow when connecting via OnePlus device
    3. Slower 4G connection speed
    I and my family member got Airtel sim. 4g speed is faster for her and mine slower, though we are sitting in the same room. Only difference, she is using moto g5 mobile.
    4. Battery heats up, occasionally during charging.
    After I restart, the device cools down.
    5. Battery is draining faster.

After all the Covid lockdown, OnePlus has made my "work from home", a lot miserable, after these recent updates and problems. The mobile phone is awesome, but the updates got some major glitches.

I haven't posted any in OnePlus community, but saw there ate many posts on battery and wifi issues. I wasn't able to find any resolution post. Or was there any?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020

9. Sid_Ck

Sid_Ck , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Shortly for OnePlus could mean months as well

10. Omar5T
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2020

Omar5T , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Staged roll out, what about beta tests?
    I will be the same story all over again....

11. rasulkhan7 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Dc Dimming and Ram Boost will never come to OnePlus 5/5T because they said "Hardware isn't supporting..."

12. sheikh shoaib
    Froyo Sep 4, 2020

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  13. ninja123456

14. rasulkhan7 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Enough ? If u need more just type "Dc Dimming OnePlus 5T" in the Google Search Bar ... You will find many many many many sources 🙂

15. neroxyr
    Eclair Sep 4, 2020

16. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 4, 2020 :
    Tired of waiting for the update that will fix it, this was the best thing I've done since I update my OnePlus 5T to OxygenOS 10.

Man, how I hated the implementation of the new back gestures navigation, welcome back my prescious old OnePlus gestures navigation, it's like night to day!!!

Itsme11 likes this.
  17. sheikh shoaib
    Froyo Sep 4, 2020