OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Muhammed P
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Muhammed P , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Since the phones passed their two year update period a long time ago, you can't really complain. It's a good of OnePlus to keep working on them.

2. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Bodygard , Sep 30, 2020 :
    C'mon Oneplus it's October 1st tomorrow...how hard to fix are these bugs that take since May until now and not fixed? Better to hire decent programmers...even the freelance programmers at xda have released decent android 11 betas for our devices now...

How is it that you guys here are not capable of fixing this when you have total access to hardware, code etc? This is becoming beyond ridiculous...worse than OP2 almost

Petr.114 and cristi_lazar like this.
  3. vimalkumar_tvpm
    Eclair Sep 30, 2020

vimalkumar_tvpm , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Flipkart and Amazon sales are round the corner, exchange the One Plus phone for Pixel or iPhone to have peace of mind.

Pixel - 3 years of security update, iPhone - 5 years or 6 of security updates and better support services in corporate world too if we have Pixel or iPhone or Samsung.

Tomorrow we can't predict the number of Chinese Companies getting banned in one form or the other.

Omar5T and Atomic like this.
  4. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Sep 30, 2020

Petr.114 likes this.
  5. Atomic
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 30, 2020 :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-software-maintenance-schedule.862347/

My phone didn't pass the 3 year update period. I don't care about OS I want my security patches cause my work can stop my access anytime soon with April security patch :)

It's not good oneplus keeps working on them, oneplus HAS TO keep working on them that's what they promised. If I had 9.0.11 with September security patch I would be a happy customer and would probably buy another oneplus next year.

Also, it's not good oneplus pushes a half baked OS to brick my phone and make it barely usable just to show the media that they are good with updates.

Please don't come to me defending them and telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing if you don't know what they promised and how clearly they broke their promise. I am not a fanboy, I supported this company cause they promised they would keep my phone updated with security patches till November 2020 while the last security patch I have one my phone is 6 months old with a buggy OS update. If I want a stable OS my security patch will be Feb 2020.

So yeah I can complain.

6. TheDarkDan
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

TheDarkDan , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 30, 2020 :
    What are u trying to say exactly? That because a two year update period is gone, that give the company an excuse to be sloppy and do nonsense? What image does that give a small tech company?

marfz likes this.
  7. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Sep 30, 2020

DogeAlpha , Sep 30, 2020 :
    OnePlus Nord devices are factory resetting in people's pockets. We got off easy I might say.

8. pawan.chitta
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

nguyenphong108 and paulomodesto like this.
  9. [email protected] , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Sep 30, 2020 :
    What are you doing here? Did we go to Nord Forum and complain there? No, right?
    With all respect, get out of here and keep your nose in your forum only.

NShankaraN and marfz like this.
  10. rasulkhan7
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

11. Deactivated User
    Sep 30, 2020

12. Rootsman
    Eclair Sep 30, 2020

Rootsman , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Samsung Galaxy S20FE ordered. Delivery expected in two days. So long nonplus. So long...

marfz and joncharmed93 like this.
  13. Atomic
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Congrats mate! You made the right decision! Happy 3 years of full support and non buggy updates!

FahimIslam likes this.
  14. Muhammed P
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2020

Muhammed P , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 30, 2020 :
    I am also a user of a OnePlus 5 actually. And I don't have a problem, I just think that we are lucky to still get some updates at least after a relatively long time.

15. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 1, 2020 :
    You are not lucky if you are still in the update cycle and get NO updates.

Oneplus 5 is 3 years old, oneplus 5t is not. They said T variants launch date would be considered.

We are the opposite of lucky.

16. Ahmad4415
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2020

nguyenphong108 likes this.
  17. melvin_dcosta
    Eclair Oct 1, 2020

melvin_dcosta , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 1, 2020 :
    When I press bluetooth icon it takes few seconds to get on. Even wifi takes time to reconnect. I've set the animation scaling to 1.5x but still it's slow. In phone app. The slide between dial ,contacts and recent was more convenient, now we have to go at the bottom and press button to select.

Bishant0098 and aero2 like this.
  18. Rohan_S_P
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2020

nguyenphong108 and Atomic like this.
  19. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

Ahmad.4415 and nguyenphong108 like this.
  20. Muhammed P
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2020

Muhammed P , Oct 1, 2020 :
    That's true. Let's hope they get back to providing updates quickly.