1. Nil_s7
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

Nil_s7 , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Can you please share steps

aero2 likes this.
  2. jaysmoke
    Gingerbread Oct 13, 2020

jaysmoke , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Wow, after months, people are still complaining of bugs and there's still no update to fix that! I guess I'll stay on my 9 till something better pops up! I just don't get why oneplus tech is doing this. I guess we the last of a dying breed!

3. getmetejas
    Froyo Oct 13, 2020

4. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2020

Laki Shetty , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Hope you and OP should behave respectfully before advising others. Does it really takes 5 months to resolve a single bug? If so. Whom should we blame here? Google, Qualcomm or OP itself.

Auzzya and Sad.oneplus5t.user. like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 13, 2020

SoniaB , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Moderators are not OnePlus employees nor are we part of the ROM team. We only moderate the forum as per the forum rules.
    Moderators are not to blame here either.

Auzzya and RoyDecoy like this.
  6. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2020

I didn't blame you either. I just asked to stop advising on behalf of defaulters.

Sad.oneplus5t.user. likes this.
  7. Icecreamypie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2020

8. RoyDecoy

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 13, 2020 :
    She isn't advising mate, she is responsible for keeping the forum clean and tidy, she is just doing her work.
    And I don't remember if they advertised about providing 3yrs of support either, they just went with it seeing the huge demand from OP3 users, if I remember correctly.

And this thread won't help you brother, mass report at https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

This might work better!

9. RoyDecoy

Also being an ex OP3 user, I can definitely advice you guys to try Custom ROMs, that's what I did while waiting for months, for the official Pie update.

Just saying, in case the bugs are really bothering you.

10. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2020

Actually nobody asked OP to provide 10 update. Its OP by themselves committed to give 10 update. Moreover people buy OP because of their commitment of support for 3 years else there is nothing fancy to talk about OP. Moreover they would have provided a proper stable update before they want to end the support for a product. Leaving half way through with an u baked update making people frustrated. If everyone abide by their words everything falls in place.

KenaRage and PushpakRoy like this.
  11. RoyDecoy

I repeat, they went on with 3yrs support only in 2018.
    When OP6 was about to be launched.

It's really sad it went like this, but please don't lose hope, they will fix it.

That being said;

I'll again advise you to try Custom ROMs, it's a whole new level of experience, you might like.

12. L1602338786289
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2020

FusionBomb3r likes this.
  13. neroxyr
    Eclair Oct 13, 2020

neroxyr , Oct 13, 2020 :
    It has indeed put a bad image of the brand as a whole. Our voices have to be heard. We paid for it and are asking not extra features only what we've been told. A barely cooked A10 full of bugs and still with this problem, you have put in on the software download page and it appears everytime in the OTA as if you want us to really break our phones and buy your newer phones. How could this not be reckless?

14. G_Mister_thakur_WmDP
    Honeycomb Oct 13, 2020

15. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

16. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 14, 2020 :
    They advertised 2 years of OS and 3 years of security patch updates every 2 months . They clearly said (T variants launch dates will be taken into account).

The 5T was launched 17th November 2017. Those who could update to A10 have April security patch and those who couldn't have Feb security patch.

Me personally I care about security patches. Give me A9 with October 2020 security patch and I would be extremely happy and probably buy another oneplus.

17. RoyDecoy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2020

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Yes, you are right. I guess they would release it this month or the next, ending the support with the latest patch available.
    pRoMiSe delivered. xD

OnePlus has struggled a lot in the 3rd year of OnePlus 3's support too.
    Have been in the same situation, but all those numbers (every 2months) are just analytics, and not a promise.
    If you remember what happened with OP2, you will feel much better. xD

I lost my patience and flashed Custom ROMs, was worth the experience.

TrimBat and Atomic like this.
  18. Atomic
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2020

Atomic , via OnePlus 5T , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Do you have banking apps? Are they working?

Which custom rom did u flash?

OP2 was a disaster.

PushpakRoy likes this.
  19. RoyDecoy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2020

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 14, 2020 :
    I used SkyDragonOS on OP3.
    GooglePay didn't work initially.
    Turned off root detection and some app permissions and it worked.
    None of the Custom ROMs would pass the SafetyNet test btw.

The only possible workaround is to use Magisk, to conceal system modifications from SafetyNet.

Atomic likes this.
  20. MajorJ
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2020

MajorJ , Oct 14, 2020 :
    Ok so I only recently updated from like a mid 2018 build of OOS (5.1.7 I think). Having to work out how/which twrp to flash into the recovery partition each time so as to not brick your phone and to update each time is really tedious which is why I've only bothered to do it since I got so far behind with security updates.
    Anyway I'd be fine with quarterly updates or so. I'm currently on the latest OOS 9 stable build. Is it worth updating to either of the stable OOS 10 builds and/or maybe a more recent beta build and/or even waiting for another stable OOS 10 build?

btw for anyone else struggling I ended up finding all the codeworkx twrp builds and then working out which one to use AND removing the compatibility from the rim zip to flash it.