OxygenOS 10.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. I1583772596131
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

2. Petya_82
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

Petya_82 , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    So far, somehow ...

• The battery on Android 10 very quickly discharges - sadness!
    ✓ From 100% in 4 hours, the charge decreased to 20%.
    ✓ The battery managed to sit up to 20% in sleep mode overnight, it was the same on Beta3 (I’ll also watch).
    ✓ Periodically noticeably warms up.
    ✓ On Android 9, overnight in sleep mode, it was discharged by 5% +/-, and after 4 hours of use in the same mode, I still did not think about a charger.
    ✓ In general, the charge is clearly worse by 10.

• Gestures do not work correctly and are inconvenient to use, although the idea is not bad! (old gestures worked much better and more correctly and were more convenient)

• The keyboard when opening in applications and so on, periodically lags - twitches. (the gap at the bottom of the keyboard is completely off topic)
    ✓ when you take a screenshot through the power button with the keyboard open, it is welded (other screenshot options work)

• The camera also slows down - in front-shot mode, sometimes the touch button does not respond to touches of 2-3 seconds and it is impossible to take a photo again, there are delays.
    ✓ I did not notice the promised stabilization.
    ✓ Saved video in selfie mode, for some reason, are displayed in mirror mode when viewing ... (in other modes, everything is fine).

• Goole Chrom was not updated like many (Solution: PlayMarket and Chrom need to be turned off, clean the cache and application storage and restart)
    ✓ Chrom noticeably began to slow down.
    ✓ It seems that many applications are not optimized with 10 android.

• The brightness of the screen significantly added.
    • The speed and smoothness of animations has improved.
    ✓ Visually, the smartphone is fast and smart (despite some lags in applications).

• In general, there is nothing special about the 10 android and the so-called “stable” android 10 is not quite stable yet, there are a lot of pitfalls, errors and underperformance that were also present in Beta 3.

• We hope that they will hear us and fix everything in the future update.
    1590768604559.jpg

1590768604614.jpg

mahtab1900 and Zluk like this.

3. G_Sanchit_Bhatnagar_dSYB
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

4. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2020

paulomodesto , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    You'll not receive any updates via OTA because you're running OxygenOS 9 open beta version.
    If you update manually you will lost all your data.
    You have to make a choice.

Now it's up to you.

5. NShankaraN
    Froyo May 29, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , May 29, 2020 :
    Updated this afternoon. Here are my observations

1.VoWifi appears as Wifi Calling and it works perfectly fine with Airtel for me

2.Call recording , screen recording with device internal sound are working fine for me. Recorded call quality is good

3.Wifi ,SIM network signal reception is same as earlier

4.Swipe Navigation in Phone app between Speed Dial/History/Contacts is not supported. Only I could click on each section to navigate across

5.Oneplus launcher version 4.1.6 is working as expected

6.initial stuttering that was observed immediately after updating reduced after 2-3 hrs after a simple restart of phone

7. Battery consumption is bit high at the moment but I expect it to improve after some days as it was the case with previous updates

Overall no major glitch/bug observed till now

6. paulomodesto

Open Beta 3 of OxygenOS as ended almost a year ago.

Now, if you want to have Android 10 you will have to download and install it manually, and you WILL LOST ALL YOUR DATA.

So you have to make backup of all your photos, videos, music...

7. paulomodesto

Try choose "app info" and delete all data from launcher, you will loose all configuration of the launcher, but it is supposed to start to work.

Don't know other workaround to fix it, you maybe have some corrupt setting, and that will supposed correct it.

You have fresh installed OxygenOS 10 or do you updated from previous OxygenOS 9?

HadiFab likes this.
  8. HadiFab
    Eclair May 29, 2020

9. UTKARSH 1997 , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , May 29, 2020 :
    Hey oneplus
    I update my phone to android 10
    saw an issue with the google search.

1590770807952.jpg
    when I get the option "tap to update*" and I when I tap on that option, the news article underneath is getting tapped but not that option

please fix it.

btw the android 10 is great !

10. paulomodesto

V4.4.8 ?

On APKMirror most recent version is V4.4.7.

Play Store version showed in my device is V4.4.7.

And it keeps saying it's not compatible with my device "OnePlus 5T".

11. rohit99rathi
    Froyo May 29, 2020

Mapeteusz likes this.
  12. D1514880132125
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

13. paulomodesto

That bottom keyboard space it's actually a feature of Android 10 can you imagine that?

AnkurSri likes this.
  14. pharshita03
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

Z1524300467340 likes this.
  15. i_Deep
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

i_Deep , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    hello,

am using OnePlus 5t mobile after updating the update am facing call recording issues, not able playback call recording properly, sound of the playback is not so clear. Please consider this for me to get it clear. Thanks in advance

16. guptalovish1
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

guptalovish1 , via OnePlus 5 , May 29, 2020 :
    pls share how you enabled wifi calling and oneplus launcher

17. Tejas Tharu
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

Tejas Tharu , via OnePlus 6 , May 29, 2020 :
    Yes, 4.4.8, which says compatible with OnePlus 5/5T. It's available for OnePlus 6, but I can't see on my Dad's OnePlus 5.

1590771963718.jpg

1590771963758.jpg

18. paulomodesto

They will ear and try fix almost all bad behaviors, I'm only afraid that with the release of the OxygenOS10 as Stable the periodicity of the fixing updates will be a lot longer.

They should not have released stable when everyone knows the beta was not good enough, but they wanted to make happy users, but the happy only lasted the time to install the update.
    Now users are frustrated because they do have latest Android version but rom it's not as Stable as Stable should be.

For some reason most of the users didn't install beta of OxygenOS10, and now they were encouraged to do it with a buggy Beta released as Stable.

G_Emad_Mosa_YIKE and Petya_82 like this.
  19. berktjah
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020