OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Deactivated User
    Dec 17, 2020

jontalk likes this.

2. Deactivated User likes this.
  3. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2020

jontalk , Dec 17, 2020 :
    This has me curious since in some ways, I'm in a similar situation though not in NEED of the security patch but realize its importance. Ever since the release of 10.0.0 which OP openly admitted had problems, I've hesitated to install either of them. Unlike most, I have NO social media, gaming or utility apps and use stock apps for text, camera, call and contacts. I HAVE experienced minor bugs since 9.0.8 but none have caused battery drain or voice issues. I'm in the US using a carrier that supports VOLTE (T Mobile) though its of little consequence. Having gone through the factory reset process twice, its anything but pleasant due to the investment in time. I clear the cache partition regularly though :) So if I understand correctly you have NOT done a factory wipe and battery performance is as good as Android 9? Thanks.

4. SJais
    Eclair Dec 17, 2020

5. jmarie310
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2020

jmarie310 , Dec 17, 2020 :
    hmmm...VoLTE was working fine until the upgrade. *sigh*.
    The switch is there in settings but the icon at the top is gone.

6. OkPro
    Donut Dec 18, 2020

OkPro , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Vowifi available on my Op7 pro on same number. But on OP5 its not.

7. SmartUserS
    Froyo Dec 18, 2020

SmartUserS , Dec 18, 2020 :
    yes, because vowifi depends (as volte) depends on hardware as well. it's all combined, voLTE is enabled (or not) based on your mobile operator, voWIFI is region-hardware based.
    Here (Italy) I'm not able to activate voLTE either voWIFI (even if they are switched on from logkit modification) because for this device is not operative. probably it would work on op7.

8. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Security updates will arrive as part of oxygen os update. The thing you have now is the latest provided by oneplus. The next update should arrive with 10.0.2 which will be next year

9. Rohan.M
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2020

Rohan.M , Dec 18, 2020 :
    What a buggy update, using since its release and today suddenly the call recording options are totally missing, gone. Time to downgrade it seems.

aero2 likes this.
  10. Rohan.M
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2020

Rohan.M , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Got the call recording options back :)

Update - Whoever is using dual sim, simply disable 1st sim & enable 2nd sim, I instantly got the call recording option in settings. later just disable / enable the sim you want or just remove the sim if you are not using. [ This issue seems to occurred due to JIO sim ]

11. Majed.HQ
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2020

gopalan.md19 likes this.

12. Rohan_S_P and gopalan.md19 like this.
  13. Niravlad
    Eclair Dec 18, 2020

14. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 18, 2020

jontalk , Dec 18, 2020 :
    Wow..so you charge your phone at least once a day? I'm on 9.0.11 and use my phone far less. As a result, I charge every 3-4 days and even then, still have 30% left. However, I don't use social media or Moneycontrol, whatever that is, LOL. I'm going to stick with Android 9 since the GSM and Security patches with 10.0.1 are already outdated.

rasulkhan7 likes this.
  15. Young_Blood
    KitKat Dec 18, 2020

16. Fazal2016
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2020

Fazal2016 , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 19, 2020 :
    I am on 10.0.0 and would update to 10.0.1, so the clear chache should be done before or after update and whats the process? pls suggest..

17. Shadink
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2020

Shadink , Dec 19, 2020 :
    basically after BUT, don't always listen to that advice "clear cache".

The cache file are important for performance and battery life. People keep throwing "clear cache" here and there and don't know exactly why.
    Sometimes your OS run into problems, restarting it can help. Clearing cache should be done ONLY when the phone is not functioning after a couple of days.
    Let the OS do the job for you, it will clear the old cache and replace it at it's own pace.

rasulkhan7 and Fazal2016 like this.
  18. Photographyeyecatching
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2020

19. rasulkhan7
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2020

20. SmartUserS
    Froyo Dec 19, 2020

SmartUserS , Dec 19, 2020 :
    the magick "clear cache" is necessary in some case. No one says clear cache at random, if you are updating from a similar versione there is no need to "clear cache". but if you are experiencing some problems, one general advice is to "clear cache". may be not the solution but hey, it's free

G_Peter_Soliman_mYqj likes this.