OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Shadink
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2021

Shadink , Jan 10, 2021 :
    Saw a lot of Pixel Experience ROMs can you give me the link to the ROM you downloaded from ?

and does EIS work in Pixel experience ?
    How is in general ?
    would appreciate your opinion my friend

2. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2021

jontalk , Jan 10, 2021 :
    Out of curiosity, how many game, social media, utility and other apps are installed on your phone? I ask since this forum represents a small percent of total ownership which numbers in the millions. Regardless, most battery and other problems are linked to third party apps, so you might try disabling or uninstalling some and see if things improve. And like other posts, it can take a couple of weeks until the phone acclimates to the update as well.

SmartUserS likes this.
  3. Georgevs
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

Georgevs , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Good for you. Yeah, there is a fault already, but it's not the phone. It's just shitty software. Even support agree that is a issue with the wifi, but they are not able to provide a eta to solve it. They just asked for all kind of logs and tests and when the phones warranty warn out, they advised to send it to a shop for repair :). Since Carl left, the company has becoming just a shitty phone company.

aero2 likes this.
  4. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

Bodygard , Jan 11, 2021 :
    6/T will be the new 5 this year. They'll do the same, delay forever the release, bugs etc June? Keep dreaming, probably more like September-October.
    There's a new launcher version released.

5. Georgevs
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

Georgevs , Jan 11, 2021 :
    I'm not using games on my phone. All the games runs shitty on the 5T. I have quite a few apps installed. but its not relevant. Those are the same apps which i've been using since v9. I've updated the phone back in Oct. and since then battery life issues, performance and phone restarts. I don't understand why are you posting on this thread, when you don't even have the update installed on your phone. Your a troll or something?

6. 27itachi
    Honeycomb Jan 12, 2021

27itachi , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Yeah this is an initial build for now so pure android
    There will be plus versions released in I think January end or something

Link:
    https://t.me/LexipG

The rom is pretty stable no battery drains for me so far
    Some bugs here and there but nothing big

Shadink likes this.
  7. Deepak@1
    Froyo Jan 12, 2021

aero2 likes this.
  8. aero2
    Froyo Jan 12, 2021

aero2 , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 12, 2021 :
    I noticed it now. They repaired letters in widget search at least.

9. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jan 12, 2021

Stickied Post
    Abdul B. , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Hi friends,

As you might have been aware, with the release of OxygenOS 10.0.1, we’ve officially fulfilled our lifecycle maintenance promise for the OnePlus 5and 5T.

It was quite a memorable journey and we'd love to extend our sincere gratitude to all of you for the tremendous support along the way.

During the last three years, we’ve come a long way together hand-in-hand. For the beta program, we’ve released over 60 Closed Beta builds and over 30 Open Beta builds. Here we would like to thank all our beta testers who have been actively sharing feedback and opinions, reporting bugs, and helping us better optimize the OxygenOS. With your constant support, we’ve eventually brought a dozen of stable builds into existence to ensure an overall better experience. And we're also proud that we’ve managed to provide 3 major OxygenOS updates within the lifecycle.

None of these will be possible without you. Thank you all for the support as always. And we’ll continue to listen to your voice and build even better products in the future.

Never Settle

abdullahp, PElN, juanvf19 and 64 others like this.
  10. Areebanwar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 12, 2021

Areebanwar , Jan 12, 2021 :
    While the update support has been AMAZING, you're supposed to be JOKING with this news right? After 2 MONTHS of the 10.0.1 update, you speak of it NOW? While I do not use a Oneplus 5/5t, this just seems sad AF.

I'm in NO WAY endorsing that we are entitled to anything, but the least you could do is offer a better, more stable 10.0.1 update based on the numerous bugs people have reported here.

11. Sid_Ck

Sid_Ck , Jan 12, 2021 :
    What? Lol ... Why wait for 2 odd months to tell this we all were expecting one final update with latest security patch

Naeem_01, adam1709 and the_reckoner like this.
  12. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 12, 2021

Some_Random_Username , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Thanks for the official post, but it would maybe be time now to put build on support website if you consider 10.0.1 "stable" -currently it still lists OOS 10.0-.
    (Also I'm not exactly sure how one can consider the last months as "support", since OOS 10.0 itself was put on support website shortly after XDA talked about delayed updates and that you claimed an issue in communication module to justify lack of builds within a reasonable timeframe. Not to mention outdated September security patch delivered on November for a final build)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

adam1709, the_o2, SmartUserS and 7 others like this.
  13. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 12, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Strange that a separate thread has not been created to make an official announcement on this.

Tobikage, adam1709, drl431 and 5 others like this.
  14. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Jan 12, 2021 :
    I think it's time for OnePlus 5/5T users to shift from Oxygen OS to Custom ROMs.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/oneplus-5-roms-kernels-recoveries-other-devel.6483/
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/oneplus-5t-roms-kernels-recoveries-other-dev.7256/

Above link is for Custom ROMs. You can search for Best suitable ROM according to your taste and download file of that particular ROM from above link.

For Stock Experience :- PIXEL EXPERIENCE ( includes Gcam also)
    For heavy Customisation :- KANG OS etc..,

For doubts ask @mohal @Caomhin or any user in this thread who already been using Custom ROM can help users also.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2021

adam1709, dmabb0tt, FRB52 and 3 others like this.
  15. VikramMohal

VikramMohal , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 12, 2021 :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/oneplus-5-roms-kernels-recoveries-other-devel.6483/
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/oneplus-5t-roms-kernels-recoveries-other-dev.7256/

Caoimhín and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  16. VikramMohal

VikramMohal , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Baba redirect all to XDA developer site for better guidance.

17. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jan 12, 2021

camohan , Jan 12, 2021 :
    I agree. I have edited the original post to include the XDA links you published.

18. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Jan 12, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Jan 12, 2021 :
    Thank You

19. VikramMohal

Caoimhín and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  20. dhames
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2021

dhames , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 12, 2021 :
    It's time to kiss goodbye for OnePlus and look for other alternatives