OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. nguyenphong108
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

2. op5userIndia
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

op5userIndia , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Don't upgrade to 10 . I regret doing that.. First time ever it started hanging randomly.

3. Rohan.M
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

4. Shadink
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

Shadink , Jan 14, 2021 :
    That's not the problem. The problem is how a company like Oneplus couldn't handle fixing bugs since May !!
    If they're not up to it, then they could've not pushed OTA, but instead they pushed the build through OTA without caring about the consequences and that's because they care about their reputation as a company that provides 3 years of updates instead of caring about the user experience.

I can revert to A 9 but i didn't buy a phone in order to worry about the updates i got from Oneplus through the past year if they're buggy or not, that's not right.

stately and jferraz like this.
  5. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2021

vivekgokulraj , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Although I know it's end of life cycle for OnePlus 5 and 5t. I feel like cheated. Hardly 3 updates in last year of the update cycle. And I thought I would get a last security patch before it ends. OnePlus supported 5 and 5t just for name sake in last year of maintenance cycle.

6. Aldosu
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

Aldosu , Jan 14, 2021 :
    I just want to have a more updated security patch. Please send only the January patch and then EOL

SmartUserS and nguyenphong108 like this.
  7. ninja123456
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2021

ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    What's your fear now? Downloading the rom version you want from other sites of harmful? Dont you think all Chinese company spy on everyone all the time? They only admit when someone brings these matters with proof to light.
    If this has changed your mind you can download the rom you want from third party sites. They are preparing scripts for support team which they can use for any questions regarding oneplus 5 series. Until then there will be silence.
    We all have the answer now for sure about which will be our next device. I have 2 oneplus devices now which were left at the same condition when their time ran out. I don't want another oneplus and suffer this same way again.

8. dmabb0tt
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

dmabb0tt , Jan 14, 2021 :

9. dmabb0tt
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2021

dmabb0tt , Jan 14, 2021 :
    The 5t is a great phone. Good battery, wonderful design, earphone outlet. Easy to root. I have not needed custom rom sine oneplus is consumer friendly.
    I see no compelling reason to change hardware.

10. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2021

wileyc , Jan 14, 2021 :
    I guess the gripe is that for the last year there were very few updates(6 month period with none) and the last update they did give is bug ridden and still only provides security updates to end of Oct. I would say they are reasons to gripe.

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  11. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 14, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 14, 2021 :
    As its all users here, I would suggest griping directly to OnePlus. If enough people do it, they might look into it. 👍

You can use one or more options below to send information back to the OnePlus OOS developers.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...uct-suggestions-on-oneplus-community.1002970/

Feedback tool
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

You can also contact bughunters@oneplus.com

12. Auristic
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2021

13. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2021

wileyc , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Indeed I have already fed back to OP but my point is that the complaints are reasonable as opposed to what you were suggesting. I completely get that support doesnt go on forever but for most of the last year of 'official' support the 5 series was ignored and it was left with a buggy final 2 releases. That means effectively we only got just over 2 years support and it's just going to drive many to other brands.
    Never Settle? Never Again!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

14. joncharmed93
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2021

joncharmed93 , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Wait this was the last update? Then why they bug me by emails to report bugs. They really gonna leave this phone with the number of bugs it has.

Terrible company, won't ever purchase again.

15. N1545231225658
    Froyo Jan 14, 2021

16. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2021

jontalk , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Per recent posts regarding the fact that this is the last update we'll see, I'm contemplating installing it for several reasons: A) This forum represents an extremely SMALL percentage of the millions of owners. And while some have upgraded to newer phones, the majority installed updates without problems. B) While the security and GSM patches are outdated, they're more current than those with 9.0.11. C) From what I can tell, most if not all those experiencing problems install quantities of third party apps that in many cases are the cause of the problems. Needless to say there are exceptions. Security is of major importance in spite of the minimal new features in Android 10.

17. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2021

wileyc , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Please let us know how you get on!

Never Settle? Never Again

D.Sai Suhail Baba and jontalk like this.
  18. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 14, 2021

wileyc , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Not going to happen!

Never Settle? Never Again!

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Aldosu like this.
  19. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2021

jontalk , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Just got an email from support regarding why this version isn't posted on the 5T software page. The following is what was stated in the response:

We finally acknowledged the lack of software updates for the OnePlus 5T. Due to the privacy and problematic concern the update is not listed in the build for download on our support website to prevent our customers from upgrading to the broken release. We are working on it to implement in the near future.

Regards,
    Olivia Ren
    OnePlus Customer Support

Rather than risk problems, I'm going to wait

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  20. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Jan 14, 2021

Some_Random_Username , Jan 14, 2021 :
    Just a fyi that GMS line listed in changelog just means that pre-installed Google Play Services have been updated into ROM zip (most likely as per Google requirements to regularly ship new versions), normally everyone should have had versions superior to 2020.08 automatically installed from PlayStore at the time build was released.