OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 17, 2021 :
    And if you read via the XDA threads on Rooting and Magisk, all those apps with security protocols work fine. This is the same for all Custom Roms. Use Magisk if you want access to all those secure apps.

Don't use it if you don't want access. It's entirely up to you. 👍

drl431 and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  2. rahin456
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021

3. rahin456
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021

rahin456 , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Is there new update? 10.0.1 is full of bugs ... freezing , bluetooth problem , connectivity problem.

4. kibegi
    Donut Jan 17, 2021

kibegi , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Hello
    I updated my oneplus 5 from 9.x.x to 10.0.1 but it consume more battery so that i want to downgrade to stable 9.x.x, please help the link for firmware and all steps to do it.. Thank you in advance.

5. Caomhin

If you have that many issues, BACKUP your phone and try the following. And see if it can help.

Do a Full Factory Reset

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    ⚠️Enable Erase Internal Storage⚠️

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here
    https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

How to Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
    https://mashtips.com/android-backup-to-google-drive/

6. rahin456
    Cupcake Jan 17, 2021

rahin456 , Jan 17, 2021 :
    thanks for the reply, let me try

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Caoimhín like this.
  7. Caomhin

Here is a video from youtube on how to downgrade 5 series phones.

drl431 likes this.
  8. Deactivated User
    Jan 17, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. sharkhark
    Gingerbread Jan 17, 2021

sharkhark , Jan 17, 2021 :
    Received a warning due to language like I care my words were chosen because OnePlus screwed me and everyone else after thousands in multiple phone purchases.
    4 of them to be exact. What are they going to do bash and ban me from what?
    My last OnePlus a 5t.
    I've already bought my new Samsung.
    I'll never own a OnePlus again.
    What will they prevent me from accessing in a forum? Updates and important help?

No. There's no more updates. I've got a OnePlus they didn't even give up to date security updates to I'm not comfortable using unsafe outdated security.

Goodbye OnePlus don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out.... Like u did to me

10. Caomhin

I find it's the best solution for any device giving issues, PC, Phone, Tablet, earbuds, even the Bluetooth in the car or any Bluetooth enabled device can be reset.

It's the obvious thing to do after normal troubleshooting. It may clear up most if not all issues.

And if it doesn't, then there may be a fault with software or hardware, but the reset will make it more identifiable and easier for a developer or manufacturer to trace.

11. Deactivated User
    Jan 17, 2021

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2021

12. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Jan 17, 2021

vivekgokulraj , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 17, 2021 :
    I do understand those are security protocols. But doesn't mean it's safe. For example with bootloader locked and if someone break through the system, then we can blame Google and phone company. Since they knew that, it will come out only after necessary closed testing. But above security protocols are designed by freelance developers. They always mention at the start of their post, that it's user risk to use such stuffs. So unless people know what they are doing, don't advice them to use such softwares.

13. Caomhin

Yes Unlocking the Bootloader has its own issues, but that's not what was being discussed. What was being discussed is how to access apps that require the secure protocol in place and Magisk will allow you to get around that and let you operate your phone with a custom ROM if you wish.

If you want to know about unlocking the Bootloader and the security implications of that then read this, everyone should before unlocking it.
    https://candid.technology/is-it-safe-to-unlock-bootloader-android/

Many are happy to unlock it to use custom roms, have done it on many previous devices myself. It's really only an issue if you lose your phone and someone who knows what they are doing gets hold of your phone. Majority haven't a clue,

If you lose your phone, like losing a Credit or debit card contact your bank to change your cards and banking access.

14. Mukund760
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 17, 2021

15. Caoimhín and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.

16. Niravlad
    Eclair Jan 18, 2021

Niravlad , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Hi, did u downgrade to 9.0.11successfully?

17. kibegi
    Donut Jan 18, 2021

kibegi , Jan 18, 2021 :
    No brother its very trick

18. Rohan_S_P
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2021

19. Kamal Hans
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2021

Kamal Hans , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Which Samsung did you buy?