OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Niravlad
    Eclair Jan 18, 2021

Niravlad , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 18, 2021 :
    I hve bck up can u suggest any video or step by step guide. I hve read few post that the system is not allowing to downgrade

2. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2021

wileyc , Jan 18, 2021 :
    If you have a fairly stock install I might give the update a try...I upgraded yesterday and posted re my experience. Some glitches but nothing I couldn't fix.

Q1522772890720 likes this.
  3. vivekgokulraj
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2021

vivekgokulraj , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Is that what you think. If you ask me, I would never recommend rooting your daily driver Mobile. and even if rooted and used my daily driver, I would neve ever recommend anyone to use banking, finance apps that was not allowed in rooted phone by the company or financial institution. What I meant to convey is, if any problem like financial loss happened using the apps installed, the bank or financial institution has the right to reject a claim stating the reason. And for people who knows about rooting and it's complications, then people can sure use it at their own risk. And hence atleast add a warning note at bottom of your answer since it's a company's own forum

4. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 18, 2021 :
    What type of glitches? Did you do a clean flash, aka backup factory reset? And what were the fixes? What made you decide to install it and how does it perform compared to the previous versions especially the battery?

5. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2021

wileyc , Jan 18, 2021 :

6. jontalk

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Thanks.. That's quite a few problems. I've received a few messages from support but am not getting any specific answers to what and when a fix is coming. The language used is like listening to a politician! I'm going to stay put until another version is released. Thanks

Itsme11 and Guijohn like this.
  7. marfz
    Froyo Jan 18, 2021

marfz , Jan 18, 2021 :
    as proven in march and november. support did not know anything about update until it was released. Now they claim that there will be update which is unlikely because they claimed end of support. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...eplus-5-and-5t.1342454/page-129#post-22630975

8. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2021

wileyc , Jan 18, 2021 :
    I tend to agree. My experience with OP is they just say there will be an update to close the call out. I don't think another update is coming as they have officially end of life'd the 5 series but anything is possible I guess. I only really had 2 problems when I updated and from what I can see there are no performance or battery hits so ultimately for me it was worth taking the risk to get the security updates. I just did a standard OTA update from 9 to 10.0.1...no factory reset etc. looking for new (non OP) phone now.
    Never Settle? Never Again!

Marek S. likes this.
  9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 18, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 18, 2021 :
    That's your opinion, mine differs, and it's up to the individual how they want to deal with it.

So it makes no difference what you or I think. But the information is out there for people to make up their own minds and decide what to do.

The Interweb is a wonderful thing to allow people to do that. Don't ya think? 😎👍

D.Sai Suhail Baba and drl431 like this.
  10. jontalk

jontalk , Jan 18, 2021 :
    As stated in a previous post, I'd inquired into WHY support has yet to upload this version to the software page which if you'll check still has 10.0.0. They've stated several times that both releases are 'broken' and are working on one that fixes it. I DO wonder if this will occur since subsequent replies have been rhetoric rather than 'version 10.0.2 will be released on_______" Time will tell. Meanwhile I'm sticking with 9.0.11 which works very nicely!

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Guijohn like this.
  11. marfz
    Froyo Jan 18, 2021

marfz , Jan 18, 2021 :
    they might clear situation. Who knows. I will probably try custom rom as this is not my daily driver

12. Karthik Raghavan
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2021

Karthik Raghavan , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Would have been much happier if they simply abandoned this device on a stable 9, instead of a broken 10 and many more broken promises to fix it.

FWIW, I switched last night to Resurrection Remix 8.6.5 and am happy to report it seems to fix all the issues I had with OOS 10.0.1, the main one being battery drain. And if it matters, RR seems to allow most of the OOS features and customizations that I used (no clue what other ROMs allow it all, but I'm not going to explore any further since I'm happy with RR)

To those who feel the need to comment about OOS 10 issues being user errors and not a botched update, the critical problem I faced was horrible battery drain. I went back and forth between stable 9, open beta 9, and 10.0.1 multiple times (in one week) and can report that all else being equal, the battery drain is very real on 10. RR 8.6.5 so far seems to not have the same drain issues as OOS 10, so clearly it's doable. Oneplus just stretched its OOS team too thin with too many flagship wannabe models!

Oh well, good while it lasted. Eyeing pixel for my next device, unless some other upstart shows up with enthusiast hardware again.

13. JoshuaDominic
    Eclair Jan 19, 2021

14. nicolasberlin
    Eclair Jan 19, 2021

prat_brat likes this.
  15. Rishi23s
    Donut Jan 19, 2021

16. MrLalsa
    Froyo Jan 19, 2021

SmartUserS and marfz like this.
  17. nicolasberlin
    Eclair Jan 19, 2021

nicolasberlin , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Not sure what you're talking about and mean with "dead"...? My OP5 is pretty much alive , so is OnePlus. I just hope they will improve the camera and then I'll get the OnePlus 9 in March ✌️

drl431 and Caomhin like this.
  18. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2021

jontalk , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Like you I've stuck with A9 since email responses from support acknowledge that both versions are 'broken'. Point in case, they've yet to upload this one to the software page for the same reason. I'm sticking with what works, aka 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

nicolasberlin likes this.
  19. melvin_dcosta
    Eclair Jan 19, 2021

melvin_dcosta , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 19, 2021 :
    My 5T started to freez after updating. After taking video it will take 1 min to save the video. Phone is lagging. Seriously this is how OnePlus is going. I don't think my next phone will be OnePlus. Sorry to say

20. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 19, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Do a Full Factory Reset

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    ⚠️Enable Erase Internal Storage⚠️

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here
    https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

How to Backup Android Phone to Google Drive
    https://mashtips.com/android-backup-to-google-drive/

drl431 and Auristic like this.