OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. _Aditya_Jain_
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2021

_Aditya_Jain_ , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Hey fellow member,
    Can you help me out in picking the best GCam for OnePlus 5T (unrooted Stock ROM/Android 10)?

2. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2021

3. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2021

bawng_upa , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    If you are looking for alternative phone than OnePlus, go for Realme, lower budget higher specifications. Yet as smooth as OnePlus phones(not OnePlus 5/T btw)

surya1991s and seen024 like this.
  4. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2021

jontalk , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I have been in constant contact with support via email regarding the bugs in this update. Today, the following reply was received:
    "...I understand that you have got an information that, the updates for your device has been ended and you will not get any update for your device. Since there are some issues with the update which was released recently, our developers are working on those issues to fix it. So, please do not worry, we will fix all the issues in your device.."

Support uses politically correct statements rather than saying 'version 10.0.2 will be released on ____'. While the first post in this thread states this was the final version, it seems clear the countless bugs reported will result in another release. Time will tell.

5. Romanelo
    Gingerbread Jan 26, 2021

6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    If you have the Telegram app, there is a lot of info in the 5T Gcam group.

@gcamOneplus
    Google Camera [OP5/5T]
    GCam discussion group for the OnePlus 5/T.
    https://t.me/gcamOneplus

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  7. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 27, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Guess you disagree with support. If you read the message she states that they are working on a version that fixes the problem regardless of what is stated at the beginning of this thread

8. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Jan 27, 2021 :
    If you won't share this information in this thread , users will think OnePlus has ended their support .

Caoimhín likes this.
  9. Rohith Reddy007
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021

Rohith Reddy007 , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    What the hell man!!! OnePlus 5 t was released in November...now you should give November security patches

10. _Aditya_Jain_
    Honeycomb Jan 27, 2021

_Aditya_Jain_ , via OnePlus 5T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I don't use Telegram as of now.
    Can you suggest a version from the GCam hub?

Guijohn likes this.
  11. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Different people find different Gcams work better for them than others.

Check the bottom of this page for support and help from the GCam Community.

Some NORD Gcams.
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/google-camera-oneplus-nord/

There are a few different Gcams by different developers. Try and see which works best for you. But only have one installed at a time. To ensure they don't conflict with each other.

Here's an XDA thread with more details.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gcam-for-the-oneplus-nord.4137529/

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  12. Clashing Plaids
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021

Clashing Plaids , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Well, that's depressing news! What's one to do if you want security updates (which don't seem likely with A10 custom ROMs)? Have your tried Lineage--I believe it's based on a different kernel than the Pixel Experience ROMs?

13. Clashing Plaids
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021

Clashing Plaids , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Jon, has anything in your long correspondence with support given you reason to have confidence in them, particularly when we seem to have gotten "official" word that updates are over? It feels to me like they've just strung you (and us) along.

14. Guijohn
    Froyo Jan 27, 2021

_Aditya_Jain_ and surya1991s like this.
  15. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 27, 2021

jontalk , Jan 27, 2021 :
    The consistent acknowledgement of problems with this version, regardless of the 'politically correct' language has me believe that there WILL be another one. Keep in mind the statement made regarding this being the FINAL version was made PRIOR to feedback from users. With nearly 150 pages of posts, I have to believe support realizes the damage 10.0.1 has made to the brand. Time will tell..

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Guijohn like this.
  16. Bodygard
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2021

Bodygard , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I've installed latest build from Pixel Experience that came out yesterday and it's more stable. Gcam is improved but the problems with the sound continues. Seems like no one can fix the problems with the sound in videos...jeez

17. asdeepak16
    Eclair Jan 28, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Guijohn like this.
  18. Guijohn
    Froyo Jan 28, 2021

asdeepak16 likes this.
  19. asdeepak16
    Eclair Jan 28, 2021

20. surya1991s
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2021

Guijohn likes this.