3. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Feb 4, 2021

4. Natarajanvaidhy
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2021

Natarajanvaidhy , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 5, 2021 :
    To be honest, chances are remote.

5. Natarajanvaidhy
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Auristic like this.

6. F_Selva_Murugan_NYqO
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2021

7. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Feb 5, 2021 :
    There is no such thing as buying Android versions. Google will give it to you for free if you want to modify it and give it free to everyone. When you modify it and make money out of it then you need to sign contracts, bonds and pay royalty. If you are not a developer then whatever Google provides will be of no use to you. Porting, fixing issues will take a lot of time and in the end you will give up that struggle. The best way to get Android 11 is to get it from custom rom developers. It comes with A lot of malware. Probably less spying stuff compared to original OEMs.
    When Google, Facebook knows what you did 7 years ago at this time then no security patch will save you. That's only to keep away other people from spying you. Google, Facebook and OEMs are selfish.

8. amirul_lisan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2021

amirul_lisan , Feb 5, 2021 :
    I understand that is the last update for OnePlus 5T came out in November 2020; but the update didn't actually fix all bugs, instead, I am facing a lot of new ones, choppy UI, and lags more than ever on my 5T! I was expecting one more final fix for all these so that I can use it like an OnePlus phone for the last few more months.

D.Sai Suhail Baba and aero2 like this.
  9. Natarajanvaidhy
    Gingerbread Feb 7, 2021

Natarajanvaidhy , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 7, 2021 :
    The opening para declaration "
    As you might have been aware, with the release of OxygenOS 10.0.1, we’ve officially fulfilled our lifecycle maintenance promise for the OnePlus 5and 5T."

Anything after this update is a gift / bonus for OnePlus 5 / 5T.

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  10. wileyc
    Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2021

wileyc , Feb 7, 2021 :
    End of life. No.

11. S1612760905056
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2021

S1612760905056 , Feb 8, 2021 :
    Sad that I came to the community such a late time.

Noticed the battery life seemed to deplete faster than usual, among with UI changes to the 10.01.
    Didnt realised It was a semi-downgrade until I read the forum.

Bugs that I realised that affected my phone are:

1. 1080p 60fps and 4k EIS aren't working great. (720 and 1080 are okay in my end)
    2. Battery life is depleting heavily compared to my previous one. (Can't recall, just updated last night as of 7th Feb 2021.)
    3. [Minor] home screen drawer > when pulling up the home screen, the search button sometimes doesn't work/input. (can't replicate but occur to me randomly as of today. (8th Feb 2021) )

Rarely lurked or mingle with you guys, had the phone 4 years ago and now I signed up to say a final goodbye to this OS :(

Very unfortunate that they won't be updating it to android 11 nor fix the remaining bugs up to 10.02

My guess, the product team were slowly being "cut" and shifted their focus to support newer models. (let's face it. supporting obsolete or older models still requires a lot of manpower/teams to maintain.)

Correct me if I'm wrong or missed anything. I skimmed thru from page 1-15 and 125 - 135 of this thread.

PS: anyone remembered the most stable OS patch or decent patch for the oneplus 5? not sure if OOS 9 or the 4.5? (When I got mine from factory settings.)

thanks.

call me "5-56" ;) oneplus screwed up their sign up feature, didn't bother to change my username. :/

EDIT: Grammar fixes

Rohith Reddy007 and AviJaiswal like this.
  12. A1612502269587
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2021

13. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Feb 8, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 8, 2021 :
    There will be no Android 11 software update for 5/5T series. If you're interested in Android 11 , use Custom ROMs.

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  14. agmohit2
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2021

agmohit2 , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Hi,
    I need some help with 'volte' option, whenever I get a call or make a call, my volte option disappears. This causes call drop or network unreachable. Is anyone else facing the same problem. If yes, have they manage to solve the problem? If yes, then how? it's not a sim related issue, that part I have been able to verify.
    Any help is appreciated.

15. TheDarkDan
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2021

16. Deepak@1
    Froyo Feb 9, 2021

Deepak@1 , via OnePlus 5 , Feb 9, 2021 :
    Is custom ROMs are safe for UPI transaction..

17. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 9, 2021 :
    If they pass Safety Net test , they are safe for transactions but still lots of people use Security apps in their devices.

Caomhin likes this.