OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. ozmenakif
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2021

ozmenakif , Mar 10, 2021 :
    I have been using my Oneplus 5 since August 2017 and I had many small problems until now. But still I am using a fast and a good battery life phone and I will use until its "real" end of life. It is good to have a hope for a last update. I am waiting a fix for in-call sound volume stuck problem and unresponsive switching to hands free mode

2. Z1608452225396
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2021

Z1608452225396 , Mar 10, 2021 :
    Is there any way to start the project mood in 1 plus 5?

3. nick18_ing
    Froyo Mar 11, 2021

nick18_ing , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 11, 2021 :
    So, since I have been reading that theres a slightest chance of getting a update or if we may call it solution to the bugs, I thought to list them down (atleast for the once which I have been facing for a long time now).

1. Battery life - I assume most of us are facing low battery backup since the last update.

2. Network issues - Theres been a constant drop in the network for quite sometime. Possibly may be due to issues at network providers end, still.

3. Auto start of Bluetooth - for past few months I have been facing this problem. The Bluetooth starts on its own & stays active till I deactivate it.

4. Issue while switching data card - I use 2 sim cards in 1+5 & so data from both the sims often. Suddenly post the last update, when I switch the data card option, the 2nd sim automatically gets deactivated. I have to either restart the phone or else use flight mode option to gain back network in both sims.

5. Voice echo during calls - when m on call with someone with my wifi also connected on phone, the person on the other side hears my echo while we talk. I have tried multiple options to verify this & so putting this strange error. It is only when I switch off wifi & call back again, there is no echo.

6. Auto start of location - this is something new & random. For past few days my location juet gets switched on automatically. I have checked all settings & thought possibly its because I have given permission to certain apps, but that's not the case at all. This is just random.

There are few more which I shall try & share soon. Thanks.

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Mar 11, 2021

Dresa91 , Mar 11, 2021 :
    No. No update. OP 5 Series reached EOL

5. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 11, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 11, 2021 :
    I was skeptical about updating mi OP5T to the new version because of all the bugs it had, but decided to pull the plug a month ago and did it. Here are some highlights of my experience with OOS 10.0.1:
    - The battery seems to hold on pretty nice considering it's been more than 3 years I've used the phone.
    - Made phone calls regularly and both ends are good (they hear me and I hear them)
    - The phone is snappy. No slowdown since day one
    - Previous gestures are back. That's a relieve
    Screenshot_20210311-015139.jpg Screenshot_20210311-015147.jpg Screenshot_20210311-015153.jpg

6. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Mar 11, 2021 :
    Where are you going with this? You wasted so much time to type this? Wasted time will not come back to you. There is no redo for that. OnePlus support staff, forum thread creators have already told there will be no more updates in a very fancy way. Are you making op5 users realise what they are facing everyday? Make peace with it. Most of us have already moved on. I'll stop wasting my time now

7. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 11, 2021

jontalk , Mar 11, 2021 :
    If you don't mind me asking, how many and what type of apps other than the native ones are installed on your phone? What if any advantages are you experiencing beyond those listed? Similar to you, I've also hesitated to install 10.0.1 for the same reasons since 9.0.11 works perfectly. Thanks

8. sandy0048
    Froyo Mar 12, 2021

sandy0048 , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 12, 2021 :
    What about camra freezing issue after video recording. Facing issue after this update

9. ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Mar 12, 2021 :
    What about it? One should make some research on how a company treats previous version of devices before buying current device. My op2 still has volte issues and still waiting for promised nougat.

10. Qnzxt00w
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2021

Qnzxt00w , Mar 13, 2021 :
    Apple earns money when you buy the phone and they continue earning as long as you use the phone, since they have their own appstore and services.

However when you buy a oneplus phone or virtually any other android, they only make money once, that is when you buy the phone. Google will continue making money out of you as you use the phone, not oneplus. This is why apple can support their devices for much longer.

I think google should share a portion of their earnings with android phone manufacturers. Or else, they will start to inject ads and do other crappy stuff like xiaomi. We will always get worse after-sale service than apple if something wont change about this.

11. Clashing Plaids
    Froyo Mar 13, 2021

Clashing Plaids , Mar 13, 2021 :
    At this point it seems like the real discussion for those of us who want to keep using our OP5/T is about custom ROMs. Anyone know of a separate thread for that? Personally, I'm not very interested in lots of customizarions--I just want a ROM that's stable, will continue to get security updates, and that supports VOWIFI and VOLTE; face unlock would be nice but not critical.

I've been using Pixel Extended for a while and have been pretty happy with it, but the maintainer is no longer supporting it. He's developed his own ROM, Nezuko OS, which sounds pretty good--but since he's now dropped 2 other ROMs, I don't have too much confidence in long-term support. Lexip's Pixel Experience sounds stable, but does not support VOWIFI (not sure about VOLTE). Arrow OS is also sounding pretty good, though I've not found a community that's specifically for OP5/T.

What have others found work for them?

12. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 14, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Going by the options "App & notifications" of the phone 102 apps. Not a heavy user phone as mostly I'm in the computer and don't have social apps to keep looking. No games at all. Just Signal as a messenger app and some browsing stuff. Not using native launcher as I'm more a of a minimalistic person (the less clutter, the better). I've read sth about the OIS, but I'm not of a heavy recording guy, so no problem for me in that department. The pictures taken are great (well, in OP standards xD).
    Advantages from upgrading to the new version, the only thing is having the-not-so-updated security patch, it's still as responsive as buttery smooth as while being on 9.0.11. signal-2021-03-13-221114.jpeg signal-2021-03-13-221214.jpeg

13. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 14, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 14, 2021 :
    I've been following the telegram group of crDroid, seems to be really active in the update front. Not pulling the plug on installing custom ROM yet, but will definitely check this one out first.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-oneplus-5t-crdroid-android-7-3-11-feb-2020.4171489/

14. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 14, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Mar 14, 2021 :
    Thanks.. You have nearly 50 more apps than I do :) Regardless glad to hear it went well. From email messages from support regarding another update they are still saying another one is coming. As to battery performance, I'm attaching mine though today was a heavier use day
    1615693019762.jpg

15. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 14, 2021

jontalk , Mar 14, 2021 :
    P.S. Where are you located? I ask since I rarely if ever see anyone from the US post here. And if I'm not mistaken, this forum represents a very small % of total ownership so it appears most users have had the same experience as you :)

16. F_Komal_Kumar_Verma_Ukwx , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 15, 2021 :
    Is there any hope for oneplus 5T to ever get Oxygen OS 11, I really like my phone and don't wanna change yet. It's working fine and if oneplus don't give any update I'll just have to use any other rom.

17. Deactivated User
    Mar 15, 2021

18. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2021

19. nick18_ing
    Froyo Mar 15, 2021

nick18_ing , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 15, 2021 :
    Yes. I do face it on 1+5, but there's no way out. Juet keep the phone away for a while & start using, it works for now.

20. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2021

bawng_upa , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 15, 2021 :
    I started disable Google app now. I submitted bug report with log, they didn't find any issues there, they said.

bernardo26 likes this.