OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. _Technick_
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2021

_Technick_ , Mar 15, 2021 :
    For your information I was disappointed by the Android 10 from Oneplus so I Have tried to use a custom firmware. I use now AICP (you can find in on XDA developpers Forum). Ok it's hard to install (the first time) but I had rediscovered my Oneplus 5 ;-)

I changed the battery myself with a new one (a OEM model) and now my Oneplus 5 will run somes years more !

Screenshot_20210315-212147_Paramètres.png

My next phone will not be a Oneplus because of the stop of updates after a buggy one but actual will be use for a long time I hope.

skybiz, SmartUserS, Sethu1212 and 3 others like this.
  2. nick18_ing
    Froyo Mar 16, 2021

nick18_ing , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 16, 2021 :
    How did you do that?

3. MrLalsa
    Froyo Mar 16, 2021

4. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 16, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Quite a powerful battery you got there. How is your battery state %?

I'm located in Ecuador, South America

Oh, I forgot to say that I had problem with the volumen keys as they weren't working when I pressed them, it responded after a few minutes and is frustrating when you want to lower volumen to watch some video. Sent the bug to be analyzed but months happened and still nothing. With the upgrade, the problem seems to be gone.

5. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 16, 2021

jontalk , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Thanks..not sure what you're asking about battery state % though. Having charged it 2 days ago, it shows 62% right now. As mentioned previously, I'm a light user. I've never had the volume button problem either. Given that the security patch is 8 months old and the A10 features aren't groundbreaking, I'm inclined to stick with 9.0.11.

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Mar 16, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Mar 16, 2021 :
    Android 11 was never in the picture for the 5 series.
    It is merely your delusions that OnePlus will provide A11 for the 5 series phones.

7. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2021

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Maybe he's asking about Battery Health. Which can be found in OnePlus Diagnostic app.

8. lneam
    Eclair Mar 17, 2021

lneam , Mar 17, 2021 :
    what version are you using ?

9. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  10. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Have you thought about LineageOS I know it's fairly plain as OS go, and not sure about VoLTE. Check below for info on how to enable VoLTE on 5 series and above.

But it has good support, was borne out of Cyanagenmod OS and will probably be around for a long time, might even get Android 11 and possibly Android 12. Worth looking into.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-dumpling-10-0-x-lineageos-17-1-q-for-oneplus-5t.3978855/

Info regarding enabling VoLTE and VoWifi on all OnePlus from 5 series upwards. 👍

This might be worth a try. It has worked for many.

Enable WiFi Calling in OnePlus 5, 5T, 6, 6T, 7, 7T, 8, Pro, Nord
    https://tecgyan.in/enable-wifi-calling-in-oneplus/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also check out the info below.

This is for all OP phones, however it discuses the 8 Series, but it should apply to any series as the protocols are the same.

[GUIDE] Enable VoLTE & VoWiFi on all devices NO ROOT.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nable-volte-vowifi-devices-root-t4105817/amp/

Log Kit 1.0
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...ase/onepluslogkit-1-0-2-android-apk-download/

There are newer versions but I would suggest trying this with the details provided on XDA.

If you do try the suggestions. Let us know how you get on.

11. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 17, 2021

jontalk , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Looks like these third party ROMS are best for people with a high level of tech experience and are able to recover a phone if it gets bricked, which for me is far beyond my capabilities. That said, does Lineage get regular updated security patches and have you installed it on your 5T? I'd love to see what it looks like. Oddly enough I use a Mac as my desktop which probably removes the potential to install it :)

12. Caomhin

I have a 6T on stock 10.3.8 OOS. However I have installed roms on many other phones. I find LineageOS to be the best for support. And they are updated regularly for the different phones they support. They also have Beta and Stable channels as well.
    https://lineageos.org/

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  13. Caomhin

You would also have to backup your phone beforehand, as it would wipe the phone. You then need to unlock the Bootloader and in most cases Root the phone as well. If you use the phone for Netflix and other Subscribed media apps and or banking you would also need to use Magisk to hide the fact the phone is unlocked and/or rooted.

So yes, there would be a few tech steps involved as well. Not on a big scale, but everyone's tech level is different. On a scale of 1 to 10 maybe a 3 to 4 and upwards tech level.

14. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Battery health shows 85%

15. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Jelly Bean Mar 17, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  16. Caomhin

That's good for a 5T,must be light use, my 6T is currently 76%, on the OnePlus Diagnostic tool. Not sure how accurate that can be because I still get 8 to 10 hours in a day using the phone fairly extensively. Although I never reach that, but do have 20+% left in the tank at the end of the day

1616003020188.jpg

1616003110645.jpg

1616003110680.jpg

17. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Thanks...unfortunately for me the cost/benefit analysis points to remaining with Oxygen OS since I lack the experience and rely on the 5T completely. I do NOT watch Netflix or play games, though I do use it for banking on occasion. I appreciate the feedback

Caoimhín likes this.
  18. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 17, 2021 :
    I can't ever remember using my phone for 8 hours in one day!

Caoimhín likes this.
  19. Caomhin

Your welcome 😎👍

jontalk likes this.
  20. Caomhin

I was referring to SOT, Screen On Time as in while using the phone, it still could go for 8 to 10 hours straight. I never use it that much, but if you think of 100% battery and 5 hours use at 50% it could effectively go for another 5 hours.

It's a calculation I use. So it works out at approximately 10% Battery per hour of usage, which is pretty good.

If it was idle on the table it would probably use 1% every hour or 2, but that would be background apps using battery with no human interaction.

jontalk likes this.