OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 17, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 17, 2021 :
    By the way, I. Like the Max Headroom avatar. I remember that used to be on a Channel 4 in the UK from decades ago, was a really popular programme that used that back then, but it was Graphics based animation 😎😎👍👍

2. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 17, 2021

jontalk , Mar 17, 2021 :
    Thanks..I was a big fan too since ground breaking is important!

Caoimhín likes this.
  3. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 18, 2021

jontalk , Mar 18, 2021 :
    Decided to pull the trigger and install 10.0.1. Went smoothly without a single hiccup and phone seems just as snappy as it did with 9.0.11. Need to get accustomed to some of the new settings and was good to be able to update the OnePlus launcher and Android components that would not with Android 9. So far I'm quite pleased in spite of all the problems reported by people outside the US.
    UPDATE: Battery performance appears to have IMPROVED a bit too. Can't figure out why the original G Pay app remains since I have the new one installed though.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021

4. Clashing Plaids
    Froyo Mar 19, 2021

Clashing Plaids , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Good for you, Jon. I'm guessing you did a clean install? I have a feeling that may help; I did that with my 5 and found it worked well enough, but I figured that since I want regular security updates I might as well go with a custom ROM that (hopefully) will continue to be updated since OOS will not.

It's not as technical as you might fear, but there is a learning curve. I'm not a phone geek--just willing to do some research and follow instructions carefully. BUT a big factor is having a backup phone (in my case an OP6) just in case. And time....it's pretty tedious to set up all the apps again (though you're not a big app user).

Pixel Experience just released a Plus version that added VOWIFI and face detection, so I switched to it from Pixel Extended, which is no longer being supported. So far it's looking good, though I've not yet worked out the intricacies of Magisk in order to get past SafetyNet issues.

Have fun with 10.0.1!

5. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Mar 19, 2021

6. nick18_ing
    Froyo Mar 19, 2021

7. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Mar 19, 2021 :
    Actually I downloaded and installed it, then wiped the system cache. Loving the new features and updates to apps. Battery is good or even better than with A9! No need for the clean flash and minor bugs from Android 9 have been fixed in this version. Performance is snappier, including Google assistant. It's ike having a new phone. Smooth as silk, fast as heck and great battery performance. The only minor hiccup was the Play store updating apps
    1616170445961.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021

8. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 20, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Glad to hear it went well. I don't follow you in the G Pay app. My battery performance is the same as with 9.0.11. I have a battery backup to be replaced once the current one degrades. Is it easy to replace this battery?

9. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Mar 20, 2021 :
    G Pay works fine. I did not replace the battery. It's the original believe it or not. It lasts as long or longer than with Android 9. It will probably improve more as the system acclimates to the new OS

10. jontalk

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Looks like the battery performance is improving further. Phone seems snappier too!
    1616256400055.jpg

arpit_19. and neroxyr like this.
  11. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Having recently updated to 10.0.1 with ZERO problems, logic would dictate that the issues you're having are tied to third party apps rather than the update. I suggest you try disabling or removing those that run in the background especially games, social media and utilities. I have NONE of them on my phone and after updating it performs BETTER than it did with 9.0.11, battery included :)

12. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2021

bawng_upa , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Problem never happened before until past few weeks. Yes, after wiping all data and cache, there is no problem, problem happened only after re-installing third-party applications. I understand that my phone works fone without any third party application.
    But without some third-party app which I'm using for my works and daily activities my phone will not be very useful to me.
    FYI: In the past year, i used to install more than 200 application on my OnePlus 5T and it runs smoothly af, but not anymore.
    Facts:
    1. I used to install 3rd party application before without any problem.
    2. I installed 3rd party application now, there are problems.
    I just wanted to know and need the solution of the above 2 points☝🏻

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021

aero2 likes this.
  13. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Based on what you've said, logic dictates that one or more of the apps you've installed is creating the problem. If you'll take the time to disable or remove some or all of them, you'll most likely solve the problem. If some of the apps you rely on have not been properly updated for Android 10, all things point to them as the root of the cause.

14. U1521947832388
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2021

U1521947832388 , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 20, 2021 :
    Hi!!!
    Still I didn't received incremental update for my one plus 5t..i am still working on Android 9 version..
    When I will get update for my device ???
    Can anyone help llll

aero2 likes this.
  15. Itsme11
    Gingerbread Mar 21, 2021

jontalk likes this.
  16. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2021

jontalk , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Mar 21, 2021 :
    If your phone is rooted or you have unlocked the boot locker you can go to the OnePlus 5T software page and download it. It's been available OTA to all of us who have kept the phone stock since last November! If you installed beta versions the same applies

17. jontalk

18. bawng_upa
    Honeycomb Mar 21, 2021

bawng_upa , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 21, 2021 :
    Can you help me more?

19. jontalk

jontalk , Mar 21, 2021 :
    I'll do my best but you haven't stated whether your you've unlocked the boot loader, rooted or installed a beta version. If any of those procedures have been done, I'm not going to be of much help. On the other hand, you can get access to the 10.0.1 download and instructions by going to this page, https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156155944

There's an app in the Play Store that does the same thing; you can get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

Another point worth mentioning is that if you have installed LOTS of third party apps (games, social media, utilities, etc) there's a VERY HIGH likelihood you'll have problems with the update since OP does NOT test phones loaded with apps. Best of success!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021

20. neroxyr
    Eclair Mar 22, 2021

neroxyr , Mar 22, 2021 :
    Wooow, your phone is literally out of this world. In the forum i've seen a lot of battery performance photos and yours beat 'em all. And indeed the phone is like a brand new aftr updating