OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I have been facing caller screen delayed issue from quite some time now, I suppose after updating to latest oos 10.0.1 it started.
    Phone starts ringing and vibrating instantly when calls are received but display takes around 4-5 sec to appear and sometimes it appears after call has got disconnected.
    It is quite annoying at times and basic functionality like phone app should be intact all the time.
    Please check as I have recently seen many android 11 users complaining same but I would like to point out it is not android 11 but android 10 also having same issues..
    Please resolve this at earliest

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 30, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Jul 30, 2021 :
    No. Phone is EOL. No more updates. No one is going do check a damn thing.

jontalk likes this.

3. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jul 30, 2021

BeingIncog , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Custom roms. ;-)

4. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Custom roms was my next question.. I did tried many custom rom in between this stock rom issues..but none of them was as stable as stock , there was some or the other issues cropping up .
    Random reboots, apps force close etc..
    Could anyone suggest best stable custom rom for this cheeseburger? Even android q would be good to go but should be stable without any reboots and force close and with decent battery backup of course...
    Just for information I have tried
    Dot os, evolutionx , pixel experience, lineage 18, resurrection remix..

5. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2021

jontalk , Jul 30, 2021 :
    With countless users like yourself complaining of problems of which 99.9% are related to third party apps, I HIGHLY suggest you disable or remove any that aren't stock, clear the system cache in recovery, THEN see if the problem remains. I have NO social media, gaming or utility apps on my 5T and the updating to 10.0.1 was seamless..phone performs as good or BETTER than with 9.0.11 :) Dev teams test updates on stock phones, rather than those with third party apps :)

6. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Mr.Jon I am specifying a problem which is related to phone app which is stock one.
    Moreover all the apps which are been installed are google play certified it's not something which I have downloaded apk and used it..
    Secondly , smartphone without any third party apps??? I mean seriously you are using your smartphone as a lame guy or u r killing your smartphone instead and making it dumbo phone...
    I would also like to point out that 10.0.1 in itself is quite great rom I enjoyed it a lot but if I can't attend my calls on my mobile than I don't see any point in having a mobile phone..
    If you can't provide any answers to our questions it's better to stay quite and let someone else who wishes to answer it..

7. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 31, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Coming from a guy who can't spell. Don't deliver punchlines without knowing how to spell words properly.

8. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2021

jontalk , Jul 31, 2021 :
    It's obvious he won't come to grips with the fact that his problems are related to apps, Google certified or not. Having updated my nearly stock phone to this version ages ago without a single problem, I feel confident saying ALL problems people have are related to gaming, social media or localized third party apps AND the majority are in the international community. Being in the US I seen few if ANY posts about problems with this update. Enough said

Waveform Modifier likes this.
  9. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Yeah, I respect you not needing to use too much apps. Who is anyone to judge how you use your device. Like why tell someone to be quiet if they themselves can't listen to opinions. The forum not your sounding board.

10. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Just because of some typo how can you judge anyone's punctuation or phrases??
    Speaks about your culture...
    If you guys don't had any problems just because you did not install any apps doesn't justify that rom update doesn't have any problems... Just open your eyes and senses and watch thread from other forums as well.. this same problem has been already acknowledged by OnePlus developer for android 11...
    Bunch of morons who does not know how to use smartphone are giving advices on it.... Just feel pitty for the culture you belong...
    Why should there be Google Play Store if you don't want any third party apps!!!
    For rest of people's on this thread I tried custom rom but with problems so I switched back to android 9 as of now.. would update after 1 month if I don't get same issues with all "same third party apps installed"

11. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

If you can't respect others' opinions, how can you expect others to respect yours. Seems like all you know how to do is call others who don't share your opinions morons. You basically complete missed the point @jontalk is giving you. I guess you are too blind to see it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021

12. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I don't feel it's important for me from now to revert to guys like you who doesn't have any proper advices to provide ... So stop replying to my comment as I won't reply to you all from now, I don't want to waste my time and energy to explain my point to pointless persons...
    @jon had not anything to say,
    firstly to everyone he just says uninstall all the apps and check...to hide problems with rom you guys are blaming third party apps everytime.. that's insane even other roms use same third party apps without any issue..
    third party apps are not made rom specific for matter of fact ...
    And guys like you do not understand anything except what you guys think about, it's like you guys have a disease called self obsession, overconfident people..
    In future if you feel like you had made an invalid point you can come back and apologize for it, I would accept your apology.

13. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 1, 2021

I see. A stubborn idiot.
    Can't even tag the right person. What can you do right?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021

14. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    It's important to get the point right doesn't matter if it's complete or has spelling mistakes...I also see self obsessed moron...
    We as an engineer has many more beautiful and technical things to do in life... I don't have free time like you morons.. would await for your apology.. bcmc...

15. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Aug 2, 2021 :
    Why would I apologize for anything? Not you for the very least. Stop being a snowflake, get over yourself.

16. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 2, 2021 :
    You should apologize if you are a man of words, if not then even I don't care either... Find this pic which says developer have acknowledged the issue and is working over it... It's just that it happened to them after android 11 update...but you guys are like frog living alone in the pond and assumes this is the world and I am the king of this world...
    Look out of your window and experience the world beyond it get a life ..stupid fellows
    1627909901026.jpg

aero2 likes this.
  17. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Aug 2, 2021 :
    No, because those aren't my words. You do know no one here works for OnePlus or are you so thick headed that you don't recognize that at all? These phone is already past EOL. That's mean no more support.

Also, guess what? Support people lies all the time.

18. G_aaditya_chauhan_stIf , via OnePlus 5 , Aug 3, 2021 :
    You can check out this screenshot of update changelog for OnePlus 7 recently, they have specifically mentioned about call screen notification getting delayed.. but unfortunately still problems exist for them.
    Same case is with OnePlus 5 android 10 update.
    It works fine for about 1-2 months after that issue crops up. Feels as if OnePlus have intentionally installed some malware which causes this issue after sometime and we are forced to shift to new model and stop using this old phone..
    1627989957274.jpg

aero2 likes this.
  19. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2021

Waveform Modifier , Aug 3, 2021 :
    Nope. No conspiracy here. No one is forcing you to buy another device or buy another phone from OnePlus.