OxygenOS 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T

1. viraniac
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2020

viraniac , Nov 26, 2020 :
    If you are on 10.0.1, the bottom navigation gestures are actually supported in it. I am using the same on my 5t

2. G_Constantinos_Mavroyann
    Donut Nov 26, 2020

G_Constantinos_Mavroyann , Nov 26, 2020 :
    update: i did a clean flash and so far the problems have been solved (apart from a new one where if i try to change the accent color to a custom one using the sliders it defaults it to black)...oneplus has been such a disappointment...

3. prat_brat
    Froyo Nov 26, 2020

prat_brat , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Then I guess I'll do the same. there's no significant change apart from the OS, I'll stick with what I have now, hopefully there's a response from OP quick and we can then update to the new version.

4. Chethan Sadanand
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2020

5. jontalk
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2020

jontalk , Nov 26, 2020 :
    According to research, OP sold 1.3 MM 5T's so what we see here is a small percentage of total ownership rather than the majority. I'm tempted to update but am seeing many who seem to feel A9 is smoother. I have the Developer Options enabled and my phone is snappy, gets amazing battery life and all apps update without problems making the temptation to update far less.

6. prat_brat
    Froyo Nov 26, 2020

I see.
    what you got on the dev options? To make it even more snappy. I haven't touched it much.
    Well for me I'm not missing anything at the moment, so I don't even think of A10 at all, but the update notification keeps popping haha.

7. jontalk
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2020

jontalk , Nov 26, 2020 :
    If you go to Settings>About Phone and tap the build number 5 or 7 x's (sorry I forget), it will give you access to Developer options in System. In the Drawing category, if you lower Window, Animation and Transition scales to .5x, it makes the tap response much faster. I haven't played with any of the other Developer settings though. As to the update notification, if you scroll to Update, tap the gear and toggle the blue button on and off, it removes the icon in the notification bar.

8. prat_brat
    Froyo Nov 26, 2020

jontalk

If you go to Settings>About Phone and tap the build number 5 or 7 x's (sorry I forget), it will give you access to Developer options in System. In the Drawing category, if you lower Window, Animation and Transition scales to .5x, it makes the tap response much faster. I haven't played with any of the other Developer settings though. As to the update notification, if you scroll to Update, tap the gear and toggle the blue button on and off, it removes the icon in the notification bar.​

Let me check it out right now. Thank you.
    Well, let's hope OP does something about this and we can move forward. Business minds are ruining the fun for us to enjoy the phone's we have.

Checked, and my Window, Animation & Transition is all Off.

explorohan, SmartUserS and jontalk like this.
  9. GlennHauwelaert
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2020

GlennHauwelaert , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Anyone else experiencing the keyboard crashing? Sometimes my keyboard on the OP5T tends to crash after the update. It mainly happens when I want to press the enter button or space bar.

10. morencia
    Froyo Nov 26, 2020

morencia , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    When I tried to erase dalvik once installed this update, entered the boot-decrypt mode and the password has changed !!!! I can't erase cache.

So , anyone with this problem?
    Anyone knows any other way to erase cache?

For now I only noticed a little bit lag on starting and GPS a little bit strange with some apps (running mode).

Thanks!!!

11. Dasali
    Donut Nov 26, 2020

Dasali , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Has anyone been experiencing camera app taking long time to save video on 1080p60 (setting I use) sometimes, and other times it works fine saving video as soon as you finish recording?

12. Hitman_047
    Froyo Nov 26, 2020

Hitman_047 , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    I am on OOS 10.0.1.

13. aamittiwary
    Froyo Nov 27, 2020

melvin_dcosta likes this.
  14. melvin_dcosta
    Eclair Nov 27, 2020

melvin_dcosta , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 27, 2020 :
    After update Sometimes the video takes a lot of time to save & device (5T) freezes. My memory storage is 65% free yet this happens. 🔋 Battery drains fast too.
    1606446116096.jpg

aero2 likes this.
  15. NShankaraN
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2020

NShankaraN , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 27, 2020 :
    I had this problem . Force stopping the app and clearing the camera app cache has resolved this issue for me

melvin_dcosta likes this.
  16. M1518148022358
    Cupcake Nov 27, 2020

17. RockRakesh
    Eclair Nov 27, 2020

18. Clashing Plaids
    Eclair Nov 27, 2020

Clashing Plaids , Nov 27, 2020 :
    The downside of staying with 9.0.11 (which I'm currently on myself) is that you'll forever be stuck on a security update that is currently 9 months old. I really feel stuck between a rock and a hard place....

wileyc likes this.
  19. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Download 10.0.0 from the OnePlus Software support site below. Choose you model 5 or 5T And follow the instructions to install it manually. Then you will be able to update OTA to 10.0.1

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/support/softwareupgrade

P.S. If you are not already on the last version of Android 9. You may need to be on the last version of 9 for the 5 series. Choose your model and install the last update, it may contain files to allow the version 10 to install. Use the 3rd party site below to do that

https://oneplusupdates.com/

20. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 27, 2020 :
    Apologies, I clicked the incorrect reply button, was meant for the person below your original post.