OxygenOS 10.0.12 and 10.3.4 [India] for the OnePlus 7T

1. p2p
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2020

p2p , Sep 28, 2020 :
    I would say 98% of users instead of "some".

This update have been so strange...

2. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 28, 2020 :
    I don't have any stats to support 98%. But I do know that it always seems to be a few every update that seems to get stuck. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Some can't even use manual update of some strange reasons.

3. bibek_bhattarai , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Right. It seems they are only focusing these days in new devices only. Updates for older devices are released in long intervals. Sad.

4. Akhilesh Das
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2020

Akhilesh Das , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Nop this is not acceptable this is not Samsung who has a train of different devices to give monthly update this is oneplus which release 4 to 5 smartphones a year and u guys cant provide monthly patches is Very bad
    Generally update in 2 months are usually done by companies with junk of different smartphone getting released a year
    I expect company oneplus give monthly sec update
    This sad and bad too
    Until October my device on july patch its a shame

F_Marc_Da_zLcv likes this.
  5. p2p
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2020

p2p , Sep 28, 2020 :
    I said 98% because this time is not a few that are not receiving the update. This time is the opposite: a few is receiving it.

In my country, in a forum with hundred of user with the 7T only two have received it. We have had long talks about it along this month.

Obviously, at this moment the update has no sense. It comes with July's security patch which will be outdated this week.

So let's see when is rolled out the new update (10.0.13) and let the 10.0.12 as a fail of OnePlus.

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Do Samsung continously update closed beta, open beta and stable update channels for a long part of the device life time?
    I think the brands simply have chosen different paths.
    Oneplus never claimed they do monthly security. Reviewers often mention fast updates and stuff... But do all mention the long term expectancy of updates? Do all reviewers mention bi-monthly security as expected rollout? I'd even say that many might even get the wrong idea and buy an device and expect something that never was promised.
    The first 6 months vs 1 year+ is a big differance.
    If monthly updates is what you demand Oneplus was never the perfect brand for you.
    With all that said. Monthly security would be a big bonus and I would appreciate it too. Atleast now when they joined the ultra price range with 8 series. But it's not all about the number of devices. It's the chosen focus of the brand. The amount of devs, amount of relese channels and so on...

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Strange. Maybe there is a reason but they haven't mentioned why. Sometimes a reason for delays and stuff comes far too late.
    If I don't get an OTA fast enough I simply grab it myself. Hard to avoid it 😋

8. p2p
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2020

p2p , Sep 28, 2020 :
    Me too.

I usually wait for two weeks. If I do not receive the ota then I update with oxygen updater.

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 28, 2020 :
    I can wait for approx 3 days... Max 😋 Half the fun is to be early even if it means breaking stuff. Kind of made it a bummer that my 8 Pro was so delayed before I could get my hands of it. Had to comfort myself with reading the change logs and bugs of the early updates

10. Saruf_Ratul
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2020

faislo likes this.
  11. V1600516379820
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2020

12. sandeepkyadav
    Froyo Oct 1, 2020

sandeepkyadav , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 1, 2020 :
    Guys. Get ready for next incremental update. I just saw OnePlus 7 series update post and generally 7T series follow immediately after this. Please do not expect anything major. It is just a small incremental update. It may take 5-15 days to rollout. I really hope that OnePlus will announce their Android 11 update rollout plan for previous series so that we can really look forward for the new UI. What's your thoughts on the new UI? I am excited to use something new. Fingers crossed. [e]1f602[/e]

accuphase likes this.
  13. accuphase
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2020

accuphase , Oct 1, 2020 :
    why? [e]1f609[/e]

14. Alex1681
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2020

Alex1681 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 2, 2020 :
    Is out now

15. bprrkl
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2020

Sameeh Kotkata likes this.